SAU Community

350gt Tv And Sat Nav

GT-R LM

OK then, yes my car has the camera, and that white connector on the board you are referring to is plugged in on mine. The only reason I'm thinking not to run a splice from that particular connector is that on mine I'll only get input from it if the car is in reverse. I'm not sure yet where that switch is made. Whereas the TV one works all the time. IT Doc, do you have to press the TV button on the front to see your MP3 player? When does it work?

Like I said haven't had time to play as yet, so we'll figure it out together soon.

Very interested in knowing what that other unplugged cable is for. I may ask the US guys if that is the sirius connector or if they have it at all.

After consider the plugs, maybe VTR- is for the reverse gears signal????

otherwise will not make sense:)

Ok complete speculation following:-

The way I see it you have 2 inputs to that box:-

* AV1 - The big grey connector - also feeds back to the screen, does something with that little box under the dash,

* AV2 - The 6 pin white connector

AV1 is default and when AV2 gets it's circuit completed it switches over for as long as it receives that earth.

What this means in my head...

I can tell you that as soon as I hit reverse gear, the system switches over to the remote camera and nothing else can be used on the screen and buttons(except for the display settings). i.e. it overrides everything. This would mean that unless you wired in a switch as well, you would only see input from AV2 always.

This is why I'm thinking its not a good idea to run a split off that connector as I wouldn't want to lose any of the other functions of the screen. Please tell me I am not correct as this would be a great solution.

Whereas if you split AV1, you would still get all the other functions and only see your AUX input when you press the TV button.

I pulled waz32's one out this morn and it has an extra plug on it for AVin. his has a camera though and I'm not entirely sure if the soluiton you are chasing will work if you have a camera on board. if you do have one can you pull the clarion module out and post the part number of it. I didn't get it this morn.

first thing monday I'm making a phone call to a mate of mine in MLB to source that plug. if I can find it then I'll make up a plug and play solution for you.

any interest in this idea??

hey chris

i was thinking, if we can wire in 2 inputs through the one AV in and have a switch to ocntrol it

so default its on the AVin source (eg DVD/TV)

then have the camera on a switch controller by a relay that siwtches on when getting power from the reversing lights

thus the camera is switched to when the car is put in reverse

what do you think? is it possible?

the thought I had was this:

most of the DVD units I use have a REM OUT so that can fire the CTL input on the tv unit. teh reverse lights would take priority so that part still worked. if you have that clarion box handy fire me the part number (or the ENTIRE tag) so I can do a bit of digging :) I'm thinking it MAY do the switching internally in your case. in hindsight I probably should have kept it.

Edited by Chris Rogers

Chris, what does this do and how does it fit into the system?

got a clear hires shot of that. also of where does it go in?

if its waht I 'think' it is you should be able to pull it out and the TV will only work with the car stationary.

It was stuck up where the glovebox is and I pulled it out about 4 months ago to do some research and never noticed any difference in operation. The number on the side is ATV-62. I have it sitting on my desk at work so I'll take some more photo's next week.

I checked though and yes the TV screen with static comes on only when the car is in Park. Otherwise i can hear the sound but I get another screen in japanese(which probably says the car needs to be stopped). Can't remember if it did that before.

No shit. Cool! I already tried prying it apart, but it's resined tight :)

Sorry, find your own guys!

I'll have to do a bit more digging (for arguments sake.) but it would drop the speed sig and handbrake signal off the TV unit. found a few similar items in toyota imports (surf especially.)

It was stuck up where the glovebox is and I pulled it out about 4 months ago to do some research and never noticed any difference in operation. The number on the side is ATV-62. I have it sitting on my desk at work so I'll take some more photo's next week.

I checked though and yes the TV screen with static comes on only when the car is in Park. Otherwise i can hear the sound but I get another screen in japanese(which probably says the car needs to be stopped). Can't remember if it did that before.

I have something similar but I found another wire heading of in the direction of the steering wheel, I fished around behind the panels and a small push button fell out when I pressed I found out it allowed me to get video signal whilst I was driving. Have a look you may find you have a similar switch mine was obviously tucked away for compliance.