SAU Community

350gt Tv And Sat Nav

GT-R LM

as am I once the people get the patch lead right! I tried to get the correct plugs and leads done O/S - nup! they fudged it! nav I have sorted.

as for the murano- unsure. I have one due on saturday so I'll have a look.

what are you thinking?

well i am looking beyond the sat nav system.

Once thats done im hoping you can find a solution to add stackers to the bose/clarion headunit.

As i dont understand the AUX mode as yet im hoping extra stakers can be added to the unit.

The 6 disc staker really is a pain in the butt to load and it is very slow, i wouldnt mind having an extra 10 in the boot as well!

chris-on the radio side-how are you implementing the fm band converter?

Will you use the type of band expander with both negative and positive leads seperate from the antenna for improved reception? and has the v35 got 2 antenna : diversity and main?

Why don't you do what I have done and get a MP3 player ie Gigabeat or Ipod and tap into the aux in port I ran the wires through the roof to the sunglasses holder and I put my Toshiba Gigabeat in there. It is neat out of the way, has a 60GB Hdd will play video, MP3's and photo's and it all comes up on the factory screen with the sound going through the bose.

Why don't you do what I have done and get a MP3 player ie Gigabeat or Ipod and tap into the aux in port I ran the wires through the roof to the sunglasses holder and I put my Toshiba Gigabeat in there. It is neat out of the way, has a 60GB Hdd will play video, MP3's and photo's and it all comes up on the factory screen with the sound going through the bose.

Hi:

Just ask, where did you get this job done:

I mean the AUX input? via 8 pin or TV parts?

Thanks for inforation. appriciated for that.

IT doctor... how are you getting video from the mp3 player to the screen? if you can get video to it then there's no reason you can't get otehr video sources to it ie DVD player or external TV tuner

I tapped into the "aux in" on the tv tuner in the boot.

Yes I could basically run anthing that has video and sound through that.

Edited by IT Doctor

well i am looking beyond the sat nav system.

Once thats done im hoping you can find a solution to add stackers to the bose/clarion headunit.

As i dont understand the AUX mode as yet im hoping extra stakers can be added to the unit.

The 6 disc staker really is a pain in the butt to load and it is very slow, i wouldnt mind having an extra 10 in the boot as well!

to be honest I would LOVE to try a local OE clarion 6disc on one - I figure it would work.

nice :whistling:

any more info on where exactly the TV tuner is in the boot?

and how exactly did you tap in to it? just connected a separate RCA plug in series? or is there an "aux in" plug on the TV tuner?

run it past here and I'll pull it out for you. it has a dedicated plug on it for AV in. (I can hack it.)

chris-on the radio side-how are you implementing the fm band converter?

Will you use the type of band expander with both negative and positive leads seperate from the antenna for improved reception? and has the v35 got 2 antenna : diversity and main?

I use 1 lead only. the B EXP goes inline with the main antenna - works fine. V35 has two antennas - main in the rear - amplified - one in front glass unamplified. if you wanted two expanders in there then could use both.

I use 1 lead only. the B EXP goes inline with the main antenna - works fine. V35 has two antennas - main in the rear - amplified - one in front glass unamplified. if you wanted two expanders in there then could use both.

nice-i figured it was like the old soarer.

So how are the 2 original antenna connected to the stereo?ie i figure there is just the one plug but they would both wire into the same one im guessing?

nice :blink:

any more info on where exactly the TV tuner is in the boot?

and how exactly did you tap in to it? just connected a separate RCA plug in series? or is there an "aux in" plug on the TV tuner?

this is cool.i could hook up a small dvd player to it and have it sit in the glove box somewhere! (untill someone finds a solution to swapping out the factory pc dvd rom for one that actually plays dvds and still retains the bits it needs!)

this is cool.i could hook up a small dvd player to it and have it sit in the glove box somewhere! (untill someone finds a solution to swapping out the factory pc dvd rom for one that actually plays dvds and still retains the bits it needs!)

Can't take out the original DVD ROM player as it is hooked into Engine management info, TV Tuner. Take it out and you loose TV Tuner whitch means the aux in goes, then you have to get rgb convertor to get screen working again.

Best so far is to lengthen wiring loom (4 hours) move original unit down behind glove box and then fit a normal DVD player and run cable to TV Tuner in boot. All beyond average joe's ability, eastern staters need to talk to Chris Rodgers in Brisbane (he is all over this forum) and west coasters need to see brian at Autotainment in Perth.

I tapped into the "aux in" on the tv tuner in the boot.

Yes I could basically run anthing that has video and sound through that.

Nice work mate,

I looked at doing the same when i first got the car but then got lazy.

You've psyched me up enough now to try it for myself.

Did you keep any notes on what the connections were, I never found any wiring diagrams, so if you have something let me know.

Otherwise I'll just open it up and work it out.

Edited by -= SKiZO =-

Nice work mate,

I looked at doing the same when i first got the car but then got lazy.

You've psyched me up enough now to try it for myself.

Did you keep any notes on what the connections were, I never found any wiring diagrams, so if you have something let me know.

Otherwise I'll just open it up and work it out.

Yeh, Iam looking for the diagrams either, wish anyone are able to upload one. that will be execllent.

Yeh, Iam looking for the diagrams either, wish anyone are able to upload one. that will be execllent.

You might want to check with Chris or Brian about getting a cable made up first. Otherwise you will have to take the lid off. BE VERY CAREFUL do not short anythong otherwise you will be in for some bucks to fix.

I haven't found a diagram of it yet either.

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:PBWnDK...;cd=1&gl=au

Heres a good start, should be enough to figure out what it all does. Babelfish from Russian.

Making a cable up this weekend. All sorts of thoughts running through my head with what can be done...

Edited by -= SKiZO =-

i was planning on putting a DVD player in the upper glove box also

i was thinking of not disconnecting the stock DVD rom unit, but just re-locating it backwards under the dash somewhere. i have no needto access it, it just has to be there behind the dash

then i can put a DVD player in teh stock nav position!