SAU Community

350gt Tv And Sat Nav

GT-R LM

Where do i go to get my Nav converted in Sydney?

Another thing i have the DVD Rom which is in the glove box, this displays DVD ROM ONLY, can i play japanese DVD's using this Rom as i borrowed one from someone???

Hi All,

Just wanted to know if anyone has tried (or looked into) the following;

In UK many nissan vehicles have factory installed navigation and info controller (350z / X-trail / Narara / etc) that is both a PAL system and in english.

If someone imported the nav / info controller from a UK car and plugged it into the 350GT loom (they all appear to have the same / similar wiring loom) what is the chances of it working ? (I know the NAV function prob wont work because its setup for UK software).

It also appears that the LCD panel may be both NTSC and PAL compatable as the UK and US part numbers for the LCD screens for a few nissan / infiniti vehicles are the same.

B.

Where do i go to get my Nav converted in Sydney?

Another thing i have the DVD Rom which is in the glove box, this displays DVD ROM ONLY, can i play japanese DVD's using this Rom as i borrowed one from someone???

Japlink car sales in Sydney will get your tv/dvd working for

$2k and for $2k more they will get your sat nav working.

I know if i were going to spend $4000 on my car it wouldn't be on a 6" tv screen.

Hi All,

Just wanted to know if anyone has tried (or looked into) the following;

In UK many nissan vehicles have factory installed navigation and info controller (350z / X-trail / Narara / etc) that is both a PAL system and in english.

If someone imported the nav / info controller from a UK car and plugged it into the 350GT loom (they all appear to have the same / similar wiring loom) what is the chances of it working ? (I know the NAV function prob wont work because its setup for UK software).

It also appears that the LCD panel may be both NTSC and PAL compatable as the UK and US part numbers for the LCD screens for a few nissan / infiniti vehicles are the same.

B.

do you know what system they run? the screen inthe 350z is slightly different to that in the v35 and m35.

in these cars its a complete assembly that will come out in one piece.

looking into the US domestic piece myself - have family there that can do the legwork for me. that will fix the menus but not the nav/tv side of things.

T88,

nah, its a JDM only- why spend the extra money on that when it was never to ship (officially) outside japan.

anyone recon this may work here?

full dash

only need to find the AUS map cd??

a few problems there..

firstly, yes the unit will probably work if you want to fit the new DVD-rom and computer into your V35

BUT

1) there are no australia maps made by the company that makes the unit

2) it will display everything in "infiniti" instead of nissan

3) not sure if all the features (eg avg fuel consumption) are the same with the G35

What about the Nissan Murano system? Same engine, platform, Bose system etc. Have scene the navigation and the screen appears to be the only item that is differently setup (ie not pop up (I am sure the two could be matted together)). Should plug straight into the loom and run everything we need along with the navigation and Australian maps.

yet to prove that. though the units are not etirely the same and I seriously doubt any of you wish to spend $3k on the box to find out :)

I'm working on a few things I'll explain once I'm done.

What about the Nissan Murano system? Same engine, platform, Bose system etc. Have scene the navigation and the screen appears to be the only item that is differently setup (ie not pop up (I am sure the two could be matted together)). Should plug straight into the loom and run everything we need along with the navigation and Australian maps.

Australia Murano used the VOD system, it is no way to cross use map or software.

Thanks Frank, well aware of the Murano’s use of the VDO system. I was not talking about the software, but purchasing the complete navigation unit as fitted to the Murano. Unplug and discard the original V35 box, retain the screen and plug it all into the Murano running gear. If it can be confirmed then I am there. I am aware there would be pain in getting there, but it may tick all the boxes.

Someone needs to get an extended test drive of a Murano and give it to Chris Rogers for several hours. Maybe just maybe it will work. Here’s trying anyway.

Thanks Frank, well aware of the Murano’s use of the VDO system. I was not talking about the software, but purchasing the complete navigation unit as fitted to the Murano. Unplug and discard the original V35 box, retain the screen and plug it all into the Murano running gear. If it can be confirmed then I am there. I am aware there would be pain in getting there, but it may tick all the boxes.

Someone needs to get an extended test drive of a Murano and give it to Chris Rogers for several hours. Maybe just maybe it will work. Here’s trying anyway.

Yes that is the only way acceptable. Unless we can sourse a cheap 2nd VDO unit, that going to cost us 1500-1700 which I think does't worth at all.

On the other hand as I know, a lot of VOD system only has a RCA out put by the V35 screen only has RGB input. That mean a conversion box may needed.

Or may be we can used the TV box wire which I don't know what standard it is?

Edited by Frank350GT

This is the connection board on the pop up screen. TV connects to the TV+ pin and I think the RGB pins connect to the Sat Nav unit. I couldn't get it working with 50Hz NTSC so it needs a proper 60Hz NTSC modulated signal.

tom,

great idea, poor execution. the later ones run CAN and pulling that board WILL SHUT THE CAR DOWN. tapping the wrong wire will kill something or a CAN module.

the TV tuner is simple cracking that module open is another matter.

Hi guys,

T88Turbo, did you get a Japanese DVD - did it work?

Chris, you wrote "if it says DVD video ont he face of the unit then it supports it." Where abouts on the head unit would this be written? Do you have any pics?

Thanks, Ben.

Guy's be very careful when stuffing around with the NAV/Stereo System as it has cost some people a lot of money when they did some serious damage, it has affected other things by accident including ABS and AIR BAG's with codes going off for even over a week after putting the system back together.

A complete plug and play system is being developed base model and high end (not by me incase you asked) as after 2 years their is no easy way to get them working, stereos are not covered under warranty if you bought it from a dealer then short it out after taking the NAV system out.

Has anyone ordered the buttons in English from the US so at least the Japanese symbols are gone.

Guy's be very careful when stuffing around with the NAV/Stereo System as it has cost some people a lot of money when they did some serious damage, it has affected other things by accident including ABS and AIR BAG's with codes going off for even over a week after putting the system back together.

A complete plug and play system is being developed base model and high end (not by me incase you asked) as after 2 years their is no easy way to get them working, stereos are not covered under warranty if you bought it from a dealer then short it out after taking the NAV system out.

Has anyone ordered the buttons in English from the US so at least the Japanese symbols are gone.

Hmmm I was going to but the buttons are different to the JDM ones as the US ones don't have the TV unit and there fore the buttons dont match up.

CopyofDSC01367.jpg.