Reversing Camera

munchstagea

ok, got some info, see if this helps:

see pic;

DISPLAY AND NAVI

32 Reverse lamp

33 Parking brake

34 foot brake

35 inhibitor (something to do with auto ??)

25 speed meter

my guess is track down 33, which i guess is on the back of navi unit or radio, check if it is earthed when park brake on/off and cut/earth appropriately. the unit on the upper right of pic is the tv tuner in the back.

Thanks Chook, that's great!

I will get in and have a good look at the tuner and let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Luke

(You can read Japanese yeah?)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, no luck at all with that wire chasing, seems like I have about half the amount of connections that the diagram shows so might be the wrong model or something... I will hunt through the manual and see if I can post up what my (wiring) setup is like.

Basically I have 2 looms running into the head and only one of these effects the screen switching and that is not the same one that supplies the video feed from the tuner in the back so I am looking at a maximum of 12 - 15 wires for a solution. None of the wires are doing a simple earth or power switch though so I may need to be looking else where for some form of switching unit that is sending a more complex signal to the head, nothing seems simple electronically with this car...

Cheers

Luke

When is anything electronic simple lol, Keeo having a crack at it though Luke, im sure it will all work out just takes time though and unfortunately we never seem to have enough of that lol

Ok, appears more complicated than i thought too, operates on both the Auto and handbrake. here is a pic of the screen overide unit, which jumpers in between the white plug and the back of screen, as you can see, it is quite complicated, about 10 wires going into it. the small black plug is for a dash switch to operate the overide. Ill check Jap websites to see if this is still available, but as for doing it yourself, It looks pretty complicated after seeing this harness.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/rca/datasystem-ntv142/

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/kong/645758/646238/645808/

NTV142 is the one you need i believe

post-780-1175070505.jpg

Edited by chook

Ok, appears more complicated than i thought too, operates on both the Auto and handbrake. here is a pic of the screen overide unit, which jumpers in between the white plug and the back of screen, as you can see, it is quite complicated, about 10 wires going into it. the small black plug is for a dash switch to operate the overide. Ill check Jap websites to see if this is still available, but as for doing it yourself, It looks pretty complicated after seeing this harness.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/rca/datasystem-ntv142/

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/kong/645758/646238/645808/

NTV142 is the one you need i believe

Awesome thanks, think I need to look at this approach.

(sorry I have been PMing you and not looking at the topic!)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget that not all ECU's etc use a Positive voltage to signify a signal on/off

for instance on some ECUs pulling a wire to ground makes stuff come on ( ie thermo fans )

so perhaps look at that if you dont have any luck

* sorry I know thats not at all directly related to your problem so it may or may not help *

Converter box is in and working 100%, very easy plug and play unit and after seeing the complexity of it and how many of the wires in the loom it effects I don't think anyone would be bothered to work out how to achieve this without it!

Unit is the same as the one Chook has posted the image of and a huge thanks to him for his help with this, would never have resolved it otherwise.

Rear view on the screen while driving is pretty cool (easily amused)

Now I am considering multiple cameras and a switch box...

Cheers

Luke

I got a friend in Japan to order and send it for $200.

Ahh! So does this actually convert NTSC to PAL (ie; get the DVD, TV etc. working) or is it something just to get a camera going? Sorry if im asking a question thats already been answered, i didnt quite catch on from the previous posts ......

Ahh! So does this actually convert NTSC to PAL (ie; get the DVD, TV etc. working) or is it something just to get a camera going? Sorry if im asking a question thats already been answered, i didnt quite catch on from the previous posts ......

No, no converting at all, this is all just about having a video signal on the factory screen while in motion.

No, no converting at all, this is all just about having a video signal on the factory screen while in motion.

I get ya now :P

So there is nothing available at all to get the factory TV etc working besides changing the unit? Reason im asking this is because i dont think i can actually change mine (its got the air con etc.. all in the one unit) so yeh, just wanted to know basically what will and wont work :(

I get ya now :P

So there is nothing available at all to get the factory TV etc working besides changing the unit? Reason im asking this is because i dont think i can actually change mine (its got the air con etc.. all in the one unit) so yeh, just wanted to know basically what will and wont work :(

There is a converter available that converts PAL signal to NTSC format or vice versa. Google it.

• 1 month later...