SAU Community

Ahahhahah Give Him Some Sympathy

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

geeze blokes with v8s are so defensive... more defensive than an italian over ferrari.. a mate of mine said "if ferrari wanted they could build the best drift car" id go yeah they'd still have trouble over the little japs :D

then when i mention the ztune hese like the enzo this the enzo that i go man a jap crap beats an enzo.

Also when u "dose" full on "V8 MAYTE" guys they get so cut, they try "VRRRR" you up but you leave just laugh and say i got nothing to prove :)

then when i mention the ztune hese like the enzo this the enzo that i go man a jap crap beats an enzo.

actually, the following video clip might dispell the myth of the z-tune. it couldn't out accelerate any of the other cars(actually they were surprisingly evenly matched from the standing start) which indicates a mid 11 second quarter mile(which is still bloody fast, but not as fast as the 10.1 that some websites are reporting).

i would dare say that an enzo could dispatch of a z-tune.

http://www.carareok.com/blog/index.php/p1877

hehe rice burners

love reading it...those "souped" up taxi drivers are really anti-liners

line up against a GTR and feel the ownage

Edited by andz69

the enzo on the 1/4 does it in 11 . something.. ztune does it in low to flat 10

did you even watch the video that i provided? the ztune could NOT out accelerate any of those cars (the lambo and z06 have been tested and do the 1/4 in the mid 11's). you do the math. there is no way that ztune was capable of doing the 1/4 in 10's.

I don't think that a Lotus Elise is particularly grand in size, nor is it any good at "touring".

I think the subject here is LOTUS EXIGE not ELISE (although its just a rebodied elise.) but I agree with your definition of a GT car, i dont know why EVO has included the exige into the GT class. actually the new Europa S is as close as Lotus gets to a GT car.

....and the Opel (Holden) Tigra?

The way I see it, any car that was engineered as an open top is a roadster. Any car that was designed as a hard top, and then had the roof cut off, is a convertible.

I would not take the Tigra as a true sports car either, as much as it has the looks(debatable) its not meant to a performance car (just like Daihatsu Copen).

The traditional definition of a sports car is: "a small fast car, usually a two-seater, often with a low-slung body which has a roof that can be removed or folded back, and which has particularly quick acceleration."(EVO)

and the Mifflin dictionary defines a sports car as: "An automobile equipped for racing, especially an aerodynamically shaped one-passenger or two-passenger vehicle having a low center of gravity and steering and suspension designed for precise control at high speeds".

I admit these definitions seems out-of-date, many sports cars today offer small back seats and not necessarily has an open top. There is no clear-cut definition of what really is a sports car. However, one thing we can be certain is if a car is designed with high performance or race like capabilities in mind, it can safely be called a sports car.

Edited by Forged

did you even watch the video that i provided? the ztune could NOT out accelerate any of those cars (the lambo and z06 have been tested and do the 1/4 in the mid 11's). you do the math. there is no way that ztune was capable of doing the 1/4 in 10's.

agree. no way the 500ps factory Z tune can deliver its 10.01s 1/4mile claim(even with supplied RE55s), unless it has being modified further.

Edited by Forged

didn't exactly read the thread that was linked but i gather its about v8/commo people bagging skylines?

i don't see a problem with that, can't blame em for sticking up for their cars how many threads have there been on this forum paying out commos and people who drive em? hell, r33 drivers here bag the shit out of r32s and vice versa :) skyline vs skyline ffs :P

i'm a bit more open minded about cars so i prefer not to bag other cars and instead focus on their pros.

the enzo on the 1/4 does it in 11 . something.. ztune does it in low to flat 10

z-tune or not. i just lol and shake my head when people compare ferraris to japs....

Edited by R-SPEC

I wouldnt say a Silvia is more of a sports car than a GTR of the same year.

but you can't class a normal skyline in the class as a gtr. the the only thing they share in common is the body shape. as the skylines get more expensive they get sportier, as aussie built cars get more expensive yes they get more power, but they also get more luxurious.

Can the ls1 gearbox's handle the power ? will they break easy and if so how much more would it cost to get a box to handle the job? and how much is a exhaust system worth ?
will a skyline box handle the power? no. it's easier to get a strong gearbox for a v8 than it is a jap car.
The reason that V8's are still alive are for the bogans

you might want to tell ferrari, mercedes, jaguar, bmw, lambo, etc that they are just for bogans. even nissan still makes a 5.6L v8.

the problem with the gen 3 in the commodores is that holden altered it from the american gen 3. they detuned it so they didn't use so much fuel. they took out the rings and put lower tension rings in. thats why they use oil.

how many aussie cars out there have over 300,000kms and are still going strong? lots. how many jap cars are out there with over 200,000kms that haven't been rebuilt, or need a rebuild. not that many. people always say how shit old commodores are and that they are falling apart, etc, but they get a much harder life than imports and generally have a lot more k's than imports.

i like imports. they go well and handle well. i just like shit stiring people who think imports are the only car that can be quick.

i don't know whats wrong with some of the guys here. are we PERFORMANCE CAR ENTHUSIASTS or are we bigots?

my dream garage would consist of a C2 corvette stingray, my GT-R, a hot hatch for daily commuting, various other muscle cars (camaros, mustangs, cobras etc etc). i love PERFORMANCE CARS.

i don't know whats wrong with some of the guys here. are we PERFORMANCE CAR ENTHUSIASTS or are we bigots?

my dream garage would consist of a C2 corvette stingray, my GT-R, a hot hatch for daily commuting, various other muscle cars (camaros, mustangs, cobras etc etc). i love PERFORMANCE CARS.

They are PERFORMANCE CARS. A falcon and a commodore is not :nyaanyaa:

Holden Monaro, FPV Typhoon, HSV GTS all not performance cars?

Thats like saying nissan don't have performance cars because they have nissan tiida :nyaanyaa:

That is debateable that those vehicals are performance cars. I am not claiming that a skyline is a performance car either BTW.

Porsche, Lamba, bugatti etc are performance vehicles, truely designed for the sole purpose of performance and speed from the ground up.

The skylines and FPV, HSV's, EVO's, WRX are still based from mass producted factory vehicles with some bolt on goodies. They are essientially designed for your everyday market, not a true performance vehicle.

Mustang, Camaro, Cobra, Viper. Performance designed and breed

Monaro is the only car that can claim to be anything close to a performance vehicle but a Monaro isn't badged as a commodore is it :ninja:

why is this thread still going?

and my old boss owned an FPV... bloody good car... i was a fan :nyaanyaa:

ive said it before, and i ll say it again just for kicks... i judge someones car enthusiasm by how much money he puts into it... wether it just be a clean a week or an engine transplant... if you just bought it and are fanging it around town... i dunno... your not really an enthusiast... just a hoon...

modifying ftw :ninja: across all classes of cars...

why is this thread still going?

and my old boss owned an FPV... bloody good car... i was a fan :nyaanyaa:

ive said it before, and i ll say it again just for kicks... i judge someones car enthusiasm by how much money he puts into it... wether it just be a clean a week or an engine transplant... if you just bought it and are fanging it around town... i dunno... your not really an enthusiast... just a hoon...

modifying ftw :ninja: across all classes of cars...

Thats another attitude I don't agree with.

Personally if you love your car, you're an enthusiast. If you just buy your car to thrash it without appreciating it you're a hoon.

I'd hardly call someone who buys a ferrari without spending money on modding it a hoon, they're an enthusiast.

I can appreciate the work someone puts into a car, I can also appreciate someone who just loves their car the way they bought it. Modding isn't for everyone, but anyone who can take great pleasure in just going for a spin in their car is an enthusiast in my book.

How big your bank balance is doesn't determine how big of an enthusiast you are. I don't care what car anyone drives, if they love what they're driving then why should we care? Everyone has different tastes, and have different pleasures in life.

And everyone has a different defination on what is classified as a performance car.

This can go on forever really...........

Go the car enthusiasts who take pride in their rides. Good on them because without them you won't be able to get the cars when they are classics or restoring vehicles to help keep a log of the automotive history here in Australia and the world.

Three cheers for all on this forum who are enthusiasts.

i'd class them as performance cars. i don't think i'd class them as sports cars. but i wouldn't class a skyline (non gtr) as a sports car either. it is a performance car. it's still too family orientated. i'd class the GTR as a sports car.

my dream car is a 1965 shelby 427 cobra. this car would hose a lot of skylines out there. this is a car that was made from 1962 to 1965 and ran a 12.4 quarter mile, and would do 0-100mph-1 in around 14 seconds, which is about the same as a Lamborghini Murcielago.