SAU Community

Ahahhahah Give Him Some Sympathy

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so is a skyline, its based off a family sedan's chassis...

but there not built like skylines... is a r33 gtr a fmaily car?

a skyline was built as a sports car

a commo was built for a family car with some muscle

>_<

Edited by R33GOD

Ask yourself this... I know what my answer would be.

If you owned a Commodore V6, would you sell and upgrade to a SS or HSV?

If you owned a GTS-T, would you upgrade to a GT-R?

Me having owned a Commodore before, I can tell you from experience and I swore to myself... NEVER AGAIN...!

its funny how there pretecting there v8's .. its still funny seeing a 2.5L keeping up with a 5.7 / 6L and

You obviously havent been to the track and raced against a ss 6.0l have you.On the straight i was getting caught up to from behind,while in 2nd gear,then overtaken while changing to 3rd gear.they have allot of straight line tourque/power.Keep in mind i drive a gtst with 185rwkw.so not the slowest.It was getting slightly caught up to arround the corners though.but the exit power wasnt enuf from my line.

Though there was another gtst there that day in the form of a 32 which was on run down semis and was pretty close to race spec,bar forged internals,running a hks 2530 and it was slowly pulling away from the ss on the straights and it was better in the corners.

So yeah their straight line tourque is somthing to be reconed with..

gt autosounds ls1 TT drifter.What a weapon.

r34gentt.jpg

but there not built like skylines... is a r33 gtr a fmaily car?

a skyline was built as a sports car

a commo was built for a family car with some muscle

:blink:

Was a HSV clubsport or GTS built as a family car?

Same argument.

The japanese definition of a "family car" and say american or australians is vastly different.

Just because its a coupe doesn't mean it was designed as a sports car. Both vehicles have their "sporty" equivalents. Neither base models were designed as sports cars. The skyline has better handling and a more cost effective pathway to modifications, but that doesn't mean in its base form it was designed as a sports car. A stock gen3 SS will beat a stock rb25 down the quarter, so which is more "sporty"?

A car's a preference, who cares who has what. I respect the work people into every car across the board within reason, whether I'd take the same path as them is a different story though.

Edited by ProphetR33

Was a HSV clubsport or GTS built as a family car?

Same argument.

The japanese definition of a "family car" and say american or australians is vastly different.

Just because its a coupe doesn't mean it was designed as a sports car. Both vehicles have their "sporty" equivalents. Neither base models were designed as sports cars. The skyline has better handling and a more cost effective pathway to modifications, but that doesn't mean in its base form it was designed as a sports car. A stock gen3 SS will beat a stock rb25 down the quarter, so which is more "sporty"?

A car's a preference, who cares who has what. I respect the work people into every car across the board within reason, whether I'd take the same path as them is a different story though.

not necessarily. when my r33 was stock it beat a stock vy ss. just under a cars lenght :blink:

Maybe we sound like them to them. I am a different breed I guess in that i came to the "ricers" from v8s. I do recall shitcanning so called ricers for a good many years but i guess times change.

The general dynamics of my 12 year old ricer are still more than up to the task of keeping up with a similarly specced holden/ford of newer build But in fairness to those guys they are merely displaying the passion for their chosen vehicle as we do here. Is their bogan title any better than the ricer tag we have earned courtesy of the backward baseball cap types that you see hooning around in 32's, silvia's, etc in any given town on any given night.

I am not going back to bent iron any time in the future, I loves skylines way too much for that but its good to see healthy rivalry betwen the marques and, even better to see passion for a performance car regardless of its design, wether it be bent iron, turbo ricers or wankels. HMMMM, not to sure bout them. Ah stuffit, Yes I am. Rotors suck! LOL

I love that they're constantly referring to "turbos" and "ricers" but only ever talking about Japanese made cars.

I bet their tiny little heads spin when an XR6 Turbo beats em :(

I've driven Commodores, driven in them, and I can guarantee that I get a more satisfying drive out of my 33 GTSt every day then I ever did from a Commodore.

I'd love to see them take corners smoothly at 100km/h!

And as for being a family car, you have to remember that GTS' were made as a Japanese family car. So they were made for people who are a little smaller then the average Anglo Saxon.

Sif that backseat wasn't made for two Japanese people to have sex in :)

Seriously,

You guys are just as bad as them.

look at half the comments in this thread.

Half the guys on that forum are decent blokes and I know quite a few, and are proper enthusiasts unlike half here.

Sure, some go on like tools which was demonstrated - but so do half you lot in a reversed situation.

A true enthusiast will respect any car with decent performance no matter what badge lies on the bonnet.

Oh, for the record, I have owned a nicely modified gen3 LS1 - its quicker than my R33 at EC track.

But now Ive spent more on my boat - it will be quicker.

Just remember - every group of car owners (skylines, xr6 turbo's, gen3 commodores, Porsche, NS.com...etc etc) has a

"tool factor" that gives the rest a bad name.