SAU Community

R33 Gts-t Safe Boost

Im getting a R33 gts-t with just an N1 exhaust and Apexi Super AFC. How much boost can i safely run without an Intercooler and how much once i get an intercooler? And approx. how much power should i expect?

Thanks

Edited by BillyMako

10-12psi mate, same as everyone else :bunny:

Depends what you hit Rich & Retard every car is different... you'll know when you do :D

Power without an ECU, around 160-180rwkw. Could be a bit less. Either way around that.

Checkout the RB25 dyno thread sticky, it pretty much gives you expectations to work from

yeah 12psi or so, i have 4 settings on my boost controller, 7,9, 12 and 14.9 psi. YEEEEPPP 14.9 psi. BUT i only use this when i want to absolutly cane it for a short burst, plus i ensure i monitor teh bosst with my foot.

I don't expect the turbo to last tooo long, but i am only using 14.9 psi for 10 second burts or so.

• 2 weeks later...

yes mate, sure is fine..in terms of intercooler choice, u can go for a simply r34 gtt upgrade good for around 200rwks or u could get a front mount, maybe a hybrid, or a blitz LM... :blush:

so 11-12psi on stock turbo is fine?

Generally speaking yes this is fine. But for people to say yeah it wont be a problem isnt entirely right. Some peoples turbo have let go at less then this its really luck of the draw. The cars arent new these days so your pushing factory items alot harder then they were intended to. At the end of the day 11 - 12 is generally safe enough but its not to say when you put it on 11 or 12 that it wont shit itself in the first week.

Just a thought.

Im getting a R33 gts-t with just an N1 exhaust and Apexi Super AFC. How much boost can i safely run without an Intercooler and how much once i get an intercooler? And approx. how much power should i expect?

Thanks

Doesn't the R33 Turbo have a small stock intercooler? Or are you referring to an after market intercooler?

Doesn't the R33 Turbo have a small stock intercooler? Or are you referring to an after market intercooler?

He is refering to how much he can run without a better Intercooler. They all have factory intercoolers just arent particularly efficient at much more then standard boost, power.

wats 11-12 psi on guage reading... is that 0.7?

You will want to get yourself a guage reading in psi otherwise if you are intent on trying to run 12psi you will quite possibly run more without realising. A cheap mechanical guage will be all you need. Id keep it to 10psi myself but either way :)

yes it does, a very small side mount intercooler. if i were you, go for the r34 smic, they are slightly bigger and will be sufficient for 200rwkws

cheers