SAU Community

E-manage Ultimate (emu) 56k Beware (screen Shots)

Looks like that 'should' get the car to run. Because you've changed injector correction to the exact specs, you should zero out all your fuel adjustment maps for the moment ( I/J adj. and Airflow Adjustment) as the EMU software will do the -%50 correction automatically for you. Also (sorry if its stating the obvious) are you exporting data to the EMU with the ignition on? Also don't use any throttle during cranking to start the car. If you use a large % of throttle while cranking the EMU will go into flood clear and cut inj pulse i think.

Edited by _x_FiReStOrM_x_

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clear the whole lot (whole tune) and just input the injector size correction (ignore latency) it should run. Then cut and paste your ignition corrections into the map... retune the fuel map.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question here, searching hasn't helped me much in this regard.

In regards to NOS control, I figure I can set the EMU to send an aux signal to squirt happy gas at certain RPM, but how do I get the EMU to recognize when I have the nitrous system armed, and switch to a different timing map when this happens.

So say I want to go full Nozzle at 3000 rpm and also retard the timing at the same time, then shut down the nitrous before hitting the rev limiter (Which will be changed to an ignition cut instead of fuel cut)

Is this Possible with the EMU? Also can it progressively increase the amount of Gas I'm injecting?

Would be nice to start with say 25% at 2750 rpm and hit 100% at 3500rpm or so.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I really need your help, I have been trying to solve my problem on rb20det silver top I have the emanage ultimate and I used the jump No 8 for 5 volts.

I cant make the car pass than 4000 RPM with upgrated injections, I am using 440 inject. I tried using the injector before and after stocking injections 260 cc lag time 0.7 after injector 440 cc lag time 0.86.

The modefication that the card had t3t4 turbo after marking intercooler 3 inch pipe q45 trotle body boosting 16psi z32 fuel pump 43psi fuel presure.

If I low the fuel presure to 20psi the car run final all the way to 7000 but the settings for the injecors I have to keep 260 cc lag time 0 after 260 cc lag time 0.

If you put the stock injection back to set up the fuel presure back to 43 the car drives without any problem but the stock injection max out that is why I tried to go with big injectors but I cannot figure out what is wrong with the emanage I tried hree different tuning guys none of them made the car work.

If anybody know please let me know. Thanks

the maf is clamp 4.50v now the fuel reg is nissmo i have 21 psi on fuel pressure because I'm using the 440cc inj that is the only way i can drive the car

if i raise the fuel pressure to 43 psi the car when hits 4000 rpm my a/f is on 11 then i have fuel cut the car doent pass the 4000

Edited by s14-rb20det

• 1 month later...

I'm about to tackle tuning my stagea which has an emu.

I was thinking about not using the boost cut function but rather using the AF adj map to get under the rich and retard. That way I'd maintain the safety features of the factory ECU.

Any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

I've been having some dramas while tuning my E-manage. Whenever I set the injector adjustment units to duration rather than duty the car dies and won't start. Even when the map is empty. Has anyone had this before? I'm using the latest firmware on an E type board.

Another thing, in previous posts it has been mentioned that the only jumper that needs to be changed from the factory setting is jp8 5v to 12v. What about jumper 21? From the jumper explanations in the manual it seems it should be set to one thing, the diagram shows it in a different position and it is not mentioned at all in the table. Should I go with don't change it from factory, or go with what the expination says?

• 4 months later...

I need help on this...I installed the EMU with the Universal Wiring Loom/Harness, and whenever I plug in the ignition the car won't start... I checked everything the wiring is good, the jumpers are factory setting and still no joy. It was a used EMU we wiped the map it had and still no joy. But, whenever I set the ignition back to the Factory ECU the car starts and runs fine.

Any ideas? This is kind of disappointing.

Some of the earlier EMU's had issues with the ignition outputs, are you able to get the version number off it? (I think its printed on the circuit board.)

Any chance you could try another unit temporarily?

Version is GSC-2, least that's what I think is the version #.

By the way, someone installed this before I took a look at it...and I just realized that none of the injectors are wired in...COULD THIS cause the car not to turn on? And a quick question, since I'm going to have to wire them by myself. There's a ADD/Trim and ADD/Only wiring diagram, I have OEM Injectors so which one should I use? And also, will CH1 from the wiring diagram go into #1 on the ECU Diagram?

EMANAGE ULTIMATE EXAMPLE: this is the current setup we run on our Drift car

www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=93880&st=80&start=80"

INTERNALLY STD RB26 (NEVER OPENED KINDER SUPRISE FRONT CUT)

EMANAGE ULTIMATE PLUG AND PLAY WITH OPTIONAL PRESSURE SENSOR RUNNING NO AFM'S

700CC BLITZ INJECTORS

BLITZ IDIII boost controller

TRUST T517Z'S TURBO'S WITH 8CM HOUSINGS (BABY'S)

TRUST INTAKE AND COOLER PIPING KIT

115MM TRUST R-SPL COOLER

GIZZMO PHENOLIC INTAKE GASKETS

HKS METAL THROTTLE BODY GASKETS

JJR ALLOY PIPE KIT

STD DUMPS

TRUST MILD STEEL FRONT PIPES

TRUST PETIR 80MM TITANIUM CAT-OUT EXHAUST

312rwkw @ 16psi OR 1.2bar

Response was the major requirement and it has delivered decent power too at a nice low boost level.

This is why i want a RB26 in my 32, but computer says no :unsure:

• 2 months later...

Hey guys i'm just wondering if the emanage ulitimate can handle the 740cc injectors in my s1 r33 gtst? My local tuner says it isn't possible and i haven't been able to get the parameters to change to how i want them. Any suggestions?

Hey guys i'm just wondering if the emanage ulitimate can handle the 740cc injectors in my s1 r33 gtst? My local tuner says it isn't possible and i haven't been able to get the parameters to change to how i want them. Any suggestions?

. Should not be a problem. It's just a value u enter in the set up. Can't see how it can be an issue if u had standards in u just put in the 380 on old size than on new size 740 and lat timing.