SAU Community

E-manage Ultimate (emu) 56k Beware (screen Shots)

You need to set the output signal in innovate logworks to get the readings to line up as no two widebands give out the same signal out of the box.

so it will just be trial and error until i get the setting right?

and do i set annalogue 1 or 2? and do i have them read as lamba or a/f ratio?

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so it will just be trial and error until i get the setting right?

and do i set annalogue 1 or 2? and do i have them read as lamba or a/f ratio?

No, in the EMU menu under front panel option1 select a/f then select innovate it will them come up with the A/f ratio range 7.35 - 22.39

This is the output range you need to set in log works.

oh, ok. cause i set that up in the emanage, but didn't know what to do in logworks. i will do that tonight.

final question, will the nvcs still work of the stock ecu if the emanage has all the boxes set as off?

the car is going on the dyno this arvo, so we will see how we go. it has a IW 3076 (0.64 A/R) at about 12psi so hopefully it should make an ok figure. we are still using the stock afm. the voltage is getting up to 4.9 at full biscuit in 4th, but i think it may be sucking the silicone inlet pipe shut a bit, so i am putting an alloy pipe on before it goes on.

oh, ok. cause i set that up in the emanage, but didn't know what to do in logworks. i will do that tonight.

final question, will the nvcs still work of the stock ecu if the emanage has all the boxes set as off?

the car is going on the dyno this arvo, so we will see how we go. it has a IW 3076 (0.64 A/R) at about 12psi so hopefully it should make an ok figure. we are still using the stock afm. the voltage is getting up to 4.9 at full biscuit in 4th, but i think it may be sucking the silicone inlet pipe shut a bit, so i am putting an alloy pipe on before it goes on.

NVCS will work as std.

• 2 weeks later...
How to remove AFM;

This is a simple operation that requires the optional greddy pressure sensor to be plugged into either of the inputs on the front of the emanage (yellow plugs).

1. open data sampler map (far right toolbar icon)
  2. turn data sampler ON (click on/off icon)
  3. select greddy pressure sensor and log its voltages (you will need to select greddy pressure sensor in the IGN and INJ too )
  4. drive vehicle and populate as much of the sample screen as possible (safest to do on dyno or track) but road is fine if you have enough demerit points :D
  5. cut and past this populated data into the AIRFLOW OUTPUT map.
  6. done

this is a great thread, i've been thinking alot of this ECU, but i was wondering of the way to remove MAFs.

ok, to use the Greddy pressure sensor is a solution. but if i'm planning to build a 700 HP engine, how can i use the Greddy pressure sensor in that situaton? i mean, MAFs are good up to around 500 HP on a RB26DETT as far as i know, so can i use the pressure sensor with the MAFs on a 700 HP enigine? MAFs should be replaced with bigger ones on that range of power!

another question here, for those burned down coils, would i have the same potential problem if i use the EMU in a GT-R R32 ?

are there any wires to be swaped or joined together in any harness on a GTR ?

your help is highly appreciated here.

thanks Trent

• 2 weeks later...

Been working With TRUST JAPAN on a plug and play EMANAGE ULTIMATE kit For R33, so hopefully soon we will be able to supply a plug in. no hassle emanage ultimate solution/ equivalent to the PFC for those who are wire-in challenged.

what would the knock sensor settings be for the stock r33 knock sensors?

the preset knock setting is perfect for nissans :thumbsup:

me too mad082

Trents been helping me but it doesnt show up

Mine sits at 106% knock up the top and doesnt move

be handy if it did show

how old is the ultimate? if you open it up and have a look at the bottom right hand corner near the white connectors there is a letter in brackets, some late boards boards with (D) or ALL (E) boards are knock enabled the others (real early models) are not.

I have noticed a bug in the selction menu on some software models though too, make sure the jumpers are set up for knock and then try switching the software between intake/ water temp and water temp/ knock etc and see if the knock starts working.

"HAINES" sorry i have not been back in contact for awhile but i would like to have a nother look at yours. is it a wire in jobbie or a plug in loom? maybe the water temp and knock is around the wrong way as usually the knock will trace along the zero line not go up to 100 like yours does... honestley got me a bit stumped.

the unit is only a few months old. basically around when i started posting in this thread.

i'll give it a try over the weekend. i can't remember what i have it setup for. i know i can get the water temp working. would that be my problem?