SAU Community

Trust Profec B or Blitz Dual SBC

Guest INASNT

Guest INASNT

After a bit of research i have narrowed it down to 2 ebc which i am gonna upgrade from the shitty turbosmart 2 stage bleeder

I need some comments as experiences with either unit good/bad and features.

I can recommend the Profec B, on the dyno with the boost displayed digitally in remained within 0.1 of a psi to the set limit. The low setting is good for situations where a bit of wastegate creep is needed eg. in the wet or heavy traffic, you won't get full boost at light throttle, but in high there is no wastegate creep at all as I can have 12psi at less than 30% throttle.

ProfecB gets good wraps compared to the more expensive units around. One of the mags did a comparison somewhere, i am sure you can find reference to it on the net.

No rice factor but it does what it needs to well.. the "sharpness" knob is a useful one in my car.. basically how it was explained to me is that it it controls how tightly it holds or releases the wastegate. To me if i turn it to "sharp" it seems to spool up a little faster and "crisper" if that is a correct way to describe it... so i play with it on the road and adjust 25% either way depending on what i want.

Seems to do that, however can also be used to reduce spiking or boost dips on the dyno

I've seen a Profec B installed in the ashtry of a R33 GTS-t !!!

They are that small - I love the stealth thing. Plus making them stealth means there's less chance of your car being broken into :P

Anyway - a bit off topic - sorry :D

yes, stealth is good..you can tape up the LEDs and stick it anywhere.. its not like u need to adjust it that much anyway. u just set a low boost point, high boost point, which one u want selected and leave it be.

Myself and 3 other guys in perth have the blitz sbc type s, its got 5 boost settings as opposed to only 2 on the profec, it reads boost in bar so it acts like a boost gauge, unlike the profec. Quite simple to fit and setup, holds my boost at 12.5psi very well except when the valve timing kicks in and it drops to 9psi, but thats something to do with my ecu.

Pred, the BALANCE knob is actually to adjust the boost from rising or falling as rpm rises, so starting from the middle point if boost rises with rpm turn the knob towards the SHARP side and if boost falls with rpm then turn towards the MILD side.

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by rob77

Myself and 3 other guys in perth have the blitz sbc type s, its got 5 boost settings as opposed to only 2 on the profec, it reads boost in bar so it acts like a boost gauge, unlike the profec. Quite simple to fit and setup, holds my boost at 12.5psi very well except when the valve timing kicks in and it drops to 9psi, but thats something to do with my ecu.

spec s is the single solemoid aint it?

i talking about the spec r dual solenoid

i'm using a blitz dualsbc for a few years now, at fiirst no one really knew how to set these now after trial and errors and tunning and details from net. once it is set up properly it is a devastatingly accurate and powerful controller. nothing else i've used comes close. it has digital boost reading so u can get rid of the 50mm guages and , it has a max boost memory and a few other nice function.

Guest INASNT

yes i will most prob be running more than 20psi boost to go with the other 7.5 grand i just spent on my engine and components :(

I'm having a problem with mine. It's just started ticking. I took it to the mechanic he said it was just the solenoid ticking but that its not set optimally and apparently alot of power is being lost and more fuel is being pumped to compensate, due to it not being setup well.

What kind of settings should I run on the blitz ebc? I think I have it set at 50 gain and .8 bar it gives 12psi on a analogue meter.

Also since this was in my spool time is alot longer a bloody excel can beat me over 30m heh.

Even if you have a different setup what kind of settings do other people use for optimum performance?

I've got a profect b on my car Inasnt, i've just posted the dyno graphs in the thread about my powerFC problem that you've been reading. It has the boost on it and as you will see it kept dead on a single boost figure.

Mark

yes i will most prob be running more than 20psi boost to go with the other 7.5 grand i just spent on my engine and components

is there a thread i havent read somewhere? if not why isnt there a thread about this 7.5k?

What kind of settings are you using SeriesIIGTST? I'm lost on how to use it. heh I just dont have much of an idea. When you start getting into Gain and Ratio I get confused.

What type of boost are you running on your S2? I run 12psi dunno how I set it but thats what a seperate boost gauge reads.

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by akeenan

is there a thread i havent read somewhere? if not why isnt there a thread about this 7.5k?

well mate if u noticed i have started a few thread over the last few weeks about turbo choice and wtb - parts and now boost controllers!

I have been collecting the parts and getting it all installed at once!

When i finish all the installation and tuning then i will start a thread, just for u :P

i have blitz ebc, 5 stages of boost i have the warning light aswell for max peak in boost but i have no idea on how to use the sh!t as in changing the boost settings... seems a bit difficult but then again im abit scared to use it other wise i think its excellent