SAU Community

flashing airbag light

cell

Hi all, my 97 series 2 airbag light is driving me nuts flashing all the time after the battery went flat.

Please please if anyone knows how to piss it off it would be greatly appreciated, do i reset the ECU, I looked at the other thread and theri suggestion of playing with the door light doesnt work, its either you guys or it goes to nissan and i get bent over.

ps the photo is the car.

Cell - this is common when the battery goes flat.

From what I've read you'll have to take it to a Nissan dealer that has the Consult handset and software. All they will do it plug the consult into your car and reset one option !!!

Don't worry, it's not stuffed, it just needs resetting. Although I'm not sure if the airbag will be functioning correctly while the light is flashing !

J

have you checked all the connections, if so and also done the procedure mentioned in the other thread then you will need to either try a different airbag module if you have one or you'll have to take it to nissan

hmmm calsonic front bar... that narrows it down... good work, the other thing that is strange is the nismo 240 kms dash and display screen for sat nav inbuilt in the car, i have never seen one like it.

hey cell DON"T GO TO NISSAN till u have given the ddor light a nother try!!!! I had the same thingn happening to me when i insatlled my turbo timmer!

this comes out of teh S13 manual....

diconnect the battery and leave it off for a while(i left it off for 30 min)

"Within 7 seconds after ignition key is turned "ON" press drivers side door swithch at least 5 times"

this will take it into diag mode and then repeat this step to take it out of dais mode

hope this helps!

Originally posted by dominik

diconnect the battery and leave it off for a while(i left it off for 30 min)  

"Within 7 seconds after ignition key is turned "ON" press drivers side door swithch at least 5 times"  

this will take it into diag mode and then repeat this step to take it out of dais mode

So you leave the battery disconnected when you start pressing the drivers door switch?? Or do you re-connect the battery then turn the igition on and do the door switch thing :D

J

Cell - I had the same problem and i posted a thread about it and how to fix it as well .. you dont have to disconnect the battery either ... do a search for my thread called "airbag scam"

Ive seen the dash you have got b4 .. it looks mad .. i was goin 2 buy one but it didnt come with the remote and computer .. its similar to the r34 one in function (speed, revs, a/flow, o2, etc etc .)

It has rca jacks in the back of it so you can plug whateva up to it ..

Is it working ? I doubt that the computer would be installed. As far as i know this was a special nismo 400r optional dash ..

If u eva interested in sellin it let me know ..

cheers mick, the dash was for sar nav, but i cant use the software or hardware over here, i would love to know the softwareand hardware for digital readout for it, furthermore i wonder how muck it was in japan back in 1997?, you are right about the rca's i can plug them in and my handycam or dvd player will work through the screen, but it comes out black and white, must have something to do with the ntsc or pal screens coming outta japan.