SAU Community

Stagea Air Deflectors

Bass Junky

Hey guys,

I'm all out of Series II Air Deflectors but I have 3 or four Series I Air Deflectors extra in the current group buy.

If anyone is keen on one, let me know.

CHEERS

BASS OUT

post-6399-1180524931_thumb.jpg

post-6399-1180524954_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bass Junky

it helps direct the airflow through the radiator more effectively by blocking off the opening at the top, thereby theoretically assisting the engine to stay slightly cooler.

also if you were to get one with the "scoop" in it (as i did)

the scoop directs cooler air from in front of the grille directly to the airbox, instead of the warmed air from around the gap between radiator and grille, thereby theoretically giving a cooler intake charge.

and finally it also looks a lot neater as you don't see down the hole (also gives you somewhere to sit tools etc. while working on mods)

cheers oxford

it helps direct the airflow through the radiator more effectively by blocking off the opening at the top, thereby theoretically assisting the engine to stay slightly cooler.

also if you were to get one with the "scoop" in it (as i did)

the scoop directs cooler air from in front of the grille directly to the airbox, instead of the warmed air from around the gap between radiator and grille, thereby theoretically giving a cooler intake charge.

and finally it also looks a lot neater as you don't see down the hole (also gives you somewhere to sit tools etc. while working on mods)

cheers oxford

Ahhh.. i see, thanks for the explanation. Would be interested in a Series 2 deflector with scoop if anyone has one or there's a group buy again.

EDIT: Can this be bought anywhere? Like in a shop?

Edited by webng

pete i have been interested in this product since you started the group buy. i did ask this question previously, do you have to modify the ribbing under your bonnet lip to allow air to pass into your airbox? I am sure i saw on a thread with a photo with bonnet mods done. is this correct?

i know i didn hafta modify anything on my series 2 just had to remove the plastic mini duct thingy that hangs over the radiator support panel so could fit deflector panel in there, it comes of real easy with only 2 of the half turn type plastic fasteners.

hope this helps ya?

cheers oxford

Hi Lee Tom (and other satisfied customers)

The air that the standard plastic snorkel gets comes from the front grill anyway, so the air that it normally gets will have already bounced off the radiator and up in the snorkel.

With the air guide in place, the scoop presents the snorkel with fresh air un-touched by the radiator.

The air hitting the radiator is then forced through the radiator as opposed to going around it or over the top into the engine bay (or standard snorkel)

I hope that helps, and yes, I've got 4 spare :thumbsup:

Series II is $120 including the snorkel in Satin Black finish. $25 freight.

BASS OUT

yeah only mod for mine was drilling another hole for a bolt that holds the auto tranny cooler. Looks awesome with the engraving and makes a nice whistling noise now without a poddy

yeah only mod for mine was drilling another hole for a bolt that holds the auto tranny cooler. Looks awesome with the engraving and makes a nice whistling noise now without a poddy

I finally fitted mine last week. Had to do the tranny bit too, also as I have Robs grille I had to cut extra slots for the ribbing in the grille.

Also the sponge rubber seal around the intake was RS so have used some door sealing adhesive backed sponge to seal it extra well.

Hi - I'm probably too late but I'd like a deflector plate - any chance guys? If you could let me know including post to the UK (bubble wrap and all that) that would be great. Still an extremely rare site over here - and all the bits have to come from your side of the world.

Cheers

John :P

Hi John,

If it's a series 1, then no probs, I've got a couple spare.

I'll have to get a quote for shipping though.

I'll do that Tuesday.

In the mean time, you can probably check prices of shipment yourself also, it will be 95cm x 27cm x 17cm x 1.5 kgs....

Hi John,

If it's a series 1, then no probs, I've got a couple spare.

I'll have to get a quote for shipping though.

I'll do that Tuesday.

In the mean time, you can probably check prices of shipment yourself also, it will be 95cm x 27cm x 17cm x 1.5 kgs....

Thanks matey that's great - it is a series 1 so if you could put one aside for me that would be cool. I'll try to find out about the shipping too - cheers! :)

John