SAU Community

Amp Mounting In R34gtt 2dr

blitza

Hi All,

Just wanting some help. I've started buying bits and pieces of Audio gear for my R34, and I have bought a good speaker amp and have bought some 6.5" splits to go into the doors.

I am keen on a bit of a DIY job. I would be happy to pay a pro money, but i want to give it a shot myself. I have a bit of electrical experience so wiring isn't a problem. Its just I have absolutely no idea where to fit the stuff. Even though it is a pretty small amp (kicker kx200.2) it wont fit underneath either of the front seats. I had (what I thought) to be an ingenious idea to mount the amp on the back of the drives side front seat, where it is pretty much hidden inside the pocket. running the wires down to the floor would be an easy job and they would be hidden by the plastic knee board on the back of the seat. but I have been told by people that it wouldn't be enough cooling for the amp to sit inside the pocket. Any advice/feedback on this idea would be sweet.

Also, there are a few funny clips on the doors. When/if I attempt the speaker install, what are the best way to take these out as I would be pissed if I frigged up the interior!!

Many Thanks,

Steve

p.s. see attached photo :P

post-39264-1181037247_thumb.jpg

x3 for mdf mounting. Simple piece lodged into the opening just behind the back seat like this would be much neater.

why???? you run more risk of it burning up, more risk of it getting pinched , more risk of destroy cables. put it int h rear behind the rear seat. trav you suprise me sometimes...

why???? you run more risk of it burning up, more risk of it getting pinched , more risk of destroy cables. put it int h rear behind the rear seat. trav you suprise me sometimes...

Surprise? Have you ever seen me pull a cat out a hat?!

U would have to make some sort of moulding for it behind the rear seat. Do not just screw it into the "wall" behind the rear seat as thats where the fuel tank is. I screwed mine down in the boot floor on the passangers side. Not pretty but works fine.

thanks guys for your responses,

For an update,

My plan was to buy a sub and mono amp, and have all of that installed nicely in the boot, keeping all the speakers etc, toward the front, just leaving the sub stuff in the boot. that was my plan. But if the ol' back of the back (on mdf) seat is the answer, then so be it. But keep me posted on any other ideas you may have.

Cheers!

what about underneath the rear seat? is there any roon?

Hey mate to remove the door panels the funny clips you push the centre in and pull the whole plug out :) dont forget to remove everything off the door and lift it up and off then unclip the power window thingo and poof its off..

now for your amp setup ..

Dsc00545.jpg

just a small idea i came up with .. not really happy with it but you never are reaLLY - dont over heat and doesnt move and looks ok what more do u want

I plan to get new cables and new sheath to cover the other cables in chrome/silver just to match the alpine and fusion amp.. and then the boot will go red/black with a sub in the spare tyre hole (inverted)

Edited by DECIM8