SAU Community

Question From The Uneducated: What Is A Dayz?

rb26stagea

I am new to the forum, and the topic says it all, really: I have a S1 Dayz - just wondering what constitutes a dayz as opposed to other variants.... I assume it is trim level, etc. I have auto headlights, a mild (factory) bodykit and leather trim. No sunroof, though.

A bit of background:

I live on the Gold Coast. My car is pearl white.

Mods: rb26 + 5sp conversion, Tomei cams, custom fuel system, Power FC, Porsche front brakes, GTR rear(r33). Whiteline/Bilstein suspension, R34 GTR rims, N1 turbos, Hks dump pipes, Fmic etc etc...

Goos to see there is an organised group for Stagea owners around...

Please excuse any stupid questions - I just want to know as much as possible about my car.

Muchos Gracias,

Mickey B

post-39451-1181549036_thumb.jpg

Post up some pics.. sounds more like you've got a 260rs... either that or a heavily modified Dayz

Will try to get pics up...

Car is definitely Dayz - my old man bought it as a stocker in Syd and had all thne work done by Envy Imports in Brookvale. He died last year, and I bought bthe car out of his estate - cheaper than buying a fresh one, and I know the history of the car. Anyhow... let's see if these pics work (dialup sucks!!!):

ok.... it's been 5 mins on 1 pic. will post others separately.....if this one ever finishes........

Porsche front brakes?????

No Wai!

Picsorban!!

Can't see them very well in the pics: I believe it uses Porsche GT3 front calipers and Ford Falcon GT discs with custom alloy hats (to fit my hubs). Rear brakes are stock R33 GTR - stops quite nicely - ABS still works ok, which was my major concern with much bigger front anchors...

twin turbo goodness! :)

Yeah - I don't see the point in going for a big single - the car has been dynoed at 297kw@wheels @18psi on the current turbos - with a very safe tune - still has standard internals... If I want a faster car, I'll buy something lighter to start with.... as it is, it's bloody fast for a Volvo family wagon. Fast enough for me for now......

oh and sorry to hear about your dad passing away :)

yeah - it sucked - crashed in the Blue mountains on 13th June last year in the Nissan XTrail we turbocharged - fast car - crap handling - was a complete fireball case - had to identify remains from wedding ring and dental records - at least he went out the way he wanted - he was a complete speed freak - as well as the xtrail and stagea, he had a supercharged BMW E49 M5, and hasd just put a deposit on a Porsche 997 TT.... Bummer that he never had a hoon in that beast.... But what can you do??

horrible way to go :)

whenever I feel like going for a hoon I always look thru www.wreckedexotics.com and seeing some of the high speed crashes there definately makes you think twice! my dad used to race formula 2 until his mate died in the same race he was in!

make sure it does not end " like father like son " ok?

horrible way to go :)

whenever I feel like going for a hoon I always look thru www.wreckedexotics.com and seeing some of the high speed crashes there definately makes you think twice! my dad used to race formula 2 until his mate died in the same race he was in!

make sure it does not end " like father like son " ok?

That's the idea - I drive slow enough to drive Miss Daisy anyway - I want to head to the track - at least I wont cop a fine for speeding that way.... need a few things sorted first - like a decent wheel alignment. Before the year is out, though........

Can't see them very well in the pics: I believe it uses Porsche GT3 front calipers and Ford Falcon GT discs with custom alloy hats (to fit my hubs). Rear brakes are stock R33 GTR - stops quite nicely - ABS still works ok, which was my major concern with much bigger front anchors...

Holy Snapping Duckshit batman - those brakes are fu(kin HUUUUGE!

hey micah i met a guy who worked at robina holden who's old man lived in syd and was buying a stagea .....would that be ....you

his name was micah

I am new to the forum, and the topic says it all, really: I have a S1 Dayz - just wondering what constitutes a dayz as opposed to other variants.... I assume it is trim level, etc. I have auto headlights, a mild (factory) bodykit and leather trim. No sunroof, though.

A bit of background:

I live on the Gold Coast. My car is pearl white.

Mods: rb26 + 5sp conversion, Tomei cams, custom fuel system, Power FC, Porsche front brakes, GTR rear(r33). Whiteline/Bilstein suspension, R34 GTR rims, N1 turbos, Hks dump pipes, Fmic etc etc...

Goos to see there is an organised group for Stagea owners around...

Please excuse any stupid questions - I just want to know as much as possible about my car.

Muchos Gracias,

Mickey B

Sad to hear about your dad, dude! :thumbsup: Looks like he'd built himself a beautiful car (or a whole garage of them), shame he's not here to continue to enjoy it...

To answer your question, the Dayz edition is mostly just styling mods as far as my research goes. The front bar is the first give-away, mine has the standard bar as per the attached pic.

Stagea002.jpg

Auto headlights are on mine too, and I think they're standard across the range as well (or at least across the higher-spec ones we'll ever receive in Australia). Have a look at the Buyer's Guide, it should give you a decent idea of what options most Stageas have - unfortunately I haven't had a chance to update it for a while.

I don't think anyone actually answered the question.

DAYZ is a a large Stagea Dealer in Japan, really LARGE. So big that they can order unique options direct from Nissan, as well as "dealer fitting" some.

DAYZ have various levels of options, although I have never seen any mechanical upgrades. More like spoilers, side skirts, trim colours, ICE etc. While Autech are the ones who do the mechanical stuff, RS260 being one of their efforts, as well as 4 door GTR's.

As an example, mine had a DAYZ front bumper and a rear spoiler as well as the DAYZ badge on the tailgate. Since then I have acquired a set of DAYZ side skirts to match.

;) cheers :)