SAU Community

All In Japan Working Or Have Contacts In Japan!

devil jin

Even with 2nd level, jobs doing anything apart from teaching are few and far between. 1st level might get you somewhere, but only if you have other skills as well.

And you are right, 6000 kanji is a staggering amount. It's about 2000 more than the average Japanese person knows, and 4000 more than you need to pass 1st level.

Peter was telling me to pass level 1 he needs around 15000 ( !!!!! ) kanji!!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whys it so expensive for parking :S do they not pay road taxes and reg fees etc?? I mean that 1200 a year when you can rego a car over here for 450~. Weird but hey i can only ask. What is the parking like though?? ive never really gotten around to asking this question, it confusing the crap out of me. Doesnt the house you rent/own have its own parking pay/garage :S does that mean you still have to pay for parking lol i dnt know about you but that sounds crazy !!!

He's telling you lies. Either that or I'm screwed come December. Or you have a problem with the "0" button on your keyboard.

most probably the latter steve..

Whys it so expensive for parking :S do they not pay road taxes and reg fees etc?? I mean that 1200 a year when you can rego a car over here for 450~. Weird but hey i can only ask. What is the parking like though?? ive never really gotten around to asking this question, it confusing the crap out of me. Doesnt the house you rent/own have its own parking pay/garage :S does that mean you still have to pay for parking lol i dnt know about you but that sounds crazy !!!

most places dont have a parking space because...there isnt any.

Japan is 40 times smaller than Australia. Think about that if you can.

Then think....the ENTIRE population of Tokyo ( around 19 million ) is the same as the ENTIRE continent of Australia...

Perhaps with a bit of luck you'll get the picture.

OFCOURSE Every citizen here has to pay rego and road taxes. Its very expensive, nay, prohibitive to own a car here unless you live waaaay out of the city. Even if you thought living out in the sticks wasn't a problem, jobs out there are few and far between, so don't go thinking if you move out to a remote area its all going to be peaches and cream when it comes to owning a car.

You CANNOT come over here with the same mentality you have right now and expect it all to just "fit". YOU have to fit to some extent, a fact Rezz, et al elude to.

mate, Ive said it before and ill say it again for your sake, take a trip over here and get the shock of your life.

you wont regret a second of it trust me.

lol i only have the mentality that i do now ONLY because my information of japan is seriously lacking, prime reason as to why most of my questions may and probably do seem absent minded ( i was going to put stupid but i didnt want to be to blunt ;P ) Trust me i do not intend on moving there unless i have sampled it first hand, and saying that also have gained a a largely proportioned amount of information regard JP and ofcoarse my own situation. I can only ask and expect a straight forward unbiased answer, that of which i have received so far ^^.

It is my purpose to serve!

get a lonely planet guide and look through it. Consider it an entree into Japanese living and lifestyle.

Yah i did see a video clip last night on ninemsn website, it was on the guy that created the Lonely Planet guide to JP :glare: very interesting although it was quite short ;)

m3gtr for once I think you are being far too kind here.

well..i guess im softening to Tales' goofy, naivety on these subjects... :(

i stand by what i said though, all in the best intentions ofcourse, Richard. :)

well..i guess im softening to Tales' goofy, naivety on these subjects... :D

i stand by what i said though, all in the best intentions ofcourse, Richard. :(

Hahaa i try my best :sorcerer: yesh i'am quite naive at times but i try not to be serious about it all.

Just quickly while i have a access to a P.C. (Yay for overseas holidays Outside of Japan!)

Tales, please learn to write coherent English... I know its easy to write SMS talk or what ever but it makes for f**king painful reading and i know if i have trouble understanding what you want to say, your Japanese students will have even more.

The other reason while im writing is i made a mistake on the phone Adam. 6000 words for the 2kyu test and about 1000 kanji.

--> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Lang...roficiency_Test

Ok, back to holiday mode!

Just quickly while i have a access to a P.C. (Yay for overseas holidays Outside of Japan!)

Tales, please learn to write coherent English... I know its easy to write SMS talk or what ever but it makes for f**king painful reading and i know if i have trouble understanding what you want to say, your Japanese students will have even more.

The other reason while im writing is i made a mistake on the phone Adam. 6000 words for the 2kyu test and about 1000 kanji.

--> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Lang...roficiency_Test

Ok, back to holiday mode!

well that was a major typo on my behalf wasnt it? It doesnt seem so bad now! Not.

that wasnt your level 3 on the website was it peter??? :(

Edited by m3gtr

yeah I don't think 15,000 kanji even are in usage. I think most well schooled japanese people use around 1200 or so. I know about 50... lol I guess I'm almost as smart as a 4 year old japanese girl.

yeah its about 100 for me. all the basic stuff like time, travelling, food and the like..

but just like a 100 bucks, 100 kanji wont get you far!

There is about 3000 taught up to the end of high school, more at uni. I need to know around 2000 for the level 1 in December this year. That would make me about as smart as a 17 year old. Same as my maturity level I guess.

There is about 3000 taught up to the end of high school, more at uni. I need to know around 2000 for the level 1 in December this year. That would make me about as smart as a 17 year old. Same as my maturity level I guess.

steve, how are you doing your study? youre not at a language school are you?

You seem to be forgetting (lol wtf?) that theres a bunch of Japanese people that - now hold on to your undies here - can actually speak English!

Now iddn't dat somfin???? :)

haha mmmm funny stuff

how much is a bunch tho :D:sleep:

well if the females english is like my friends (which i doubt, coz her english is pretty good considering how long shes been here. and shes improved heaps mainly coz of where we work) that'd be a-okay llol

but dang, this makes for some very interesting reading...

parking prices through the roof, plus some more spending here and there for other car related bills. CRIKEY!

then learning the language? omg

i dont know how some of you guys are doing it but it sounds like a real mission, albeit worth it i would think..

but i for one couldnt imagine leaving this country for no real good reason :w00t: if i had nothing "tying" me down i'd go to japan for a look-around (so to speak)......

Edited by gnki'vlct