SAU Community

Nengun.com - Bad Experience!

Hi All

I am rarely one to complain about bad service as I usually seem to get pretty good service in the car industry but I have to warn people of Nengun.com

They are a Japanese performance parts business who prides themselves on supplying Jap parts at cheap prices but I would warn anyone considering dealing with them not to.

Over 2 months ago I order a very expensive item from them which arrived today and ended up being the wrong part. Originally I emailed them as I could not find the part that I required and received an email from someone who gave me a link to the item on their web site. I clicked on the link and there was a vague description of the item and a photo that looked exactly like what I was after. I placed an order trusting that I was being led in the right direction and was told I would receive it within 21 days at the latest.

Today I received the part and it wasn’t what I ordered, so I emailed them and they basically told me off saying it was my fault and that it’s now my problem.

I have never come across such bad service, especially from an internet based business that should look after their clientele more so as they don’t have face to face contact with there clients.

Anyway, be aware that these guys aren’t into providing service at their cheap price. I guess the old analogy stands; you pay for what you get.

I WANTED an RB25 Greddy Plenum and GOT an RB26 Plenum.

They even sent me the link and the pic on the link was even of the RB25 Greddy plenum.

I complained about what they did and they basically told me it was my fault.

They were the ones not being clear and that has now cost me.

P.S. If anyone needs an RB26DETT Greddy Plenum, they can have it for my cost.

Yeah lately orders seem to take at least a month to arrive, I've ordered four smallish things over a year and its taken longer and longer to arrive

But... there would be thousands of people that get what they wanted on time, its a gamble, they must deal with a shit load of orders and you got unlucky :D

Sorry to hear that. I've only ever dealt with greenline.jp for expensive parts and cheaper stuff through nengun. Greenline has never mucked me around and always confirm the availablity of the part before any money is exchanged...

Sorry to hear that. I've only ever dealt with greenline.jp for expensive parts and cheaper stuff through nengun. Greenline has never mucked me around and always confirm the availablity of the part before any money is exchanged...

I will second Greenline. I have always had great service from them and the prices are generally the same if not better than Nengun. Having said that, I would happily pay more to deal with Greenline.

Yeah I'm having issues with them too. Still waiting on some pretty simple things I thought that were ordered on May 21st. No idea on the status of them either since they shipped 1 item from the order and basically then list the order as being closed with just giving me a note saying the other stuff will be shipped as soon as they can.

They shouldn't take $$$ for parts they don't have especially when before you click confirm it says the order will be shipped 2 days later. But what can you do.

People can always buy locally if they want better service? costs you more, but time is money..

From my experience, have to expect a 2 month lead on parts from the likes of nengun. Anything quicker is a bonus.

I don't see how this could be stuffed up.

The history of your order should be there. Check it and it whould be obvious who made the mistake.

The 2 part numbers in question are only 1 digit out and nearly look the same at first glance.

I'm not saying who's at fault but it would be really easy to pick the wrong one in the instance.

RB26 - 13522306

RB25 - 13522316

Ive bought a few things via o/s companys and most seem to take a month to get to me

so I wasnt worried when my ganadors took that long to arrive from Nengun

how did you order the wrong part when it tells you which model it suits?

and if you are logged in you enter your car details and it highlights the correct type to suit your car

http://www.nengun.com/trust-greddy/intake-...-nissan-skyline

you clicked the wrong one?

delivery to me worked out to be $150ish I can see why they wouldnt want to were the cost of getting it sent back and resending the right one

so I guess it is your fault shouldnt be to hard to sell it and source the right one

Edited by 1400r

I've used Nengun a fair bit lately too and to date I haven't had any problem. Fair enough sometimes it does feel like forever before you get your parts but if you're not in a hurry (like me) I guess that doesn't matter.