SAU Community

Buying New Car Tomorrow

Paradizzle

No its not for me lol.... my old lady is going to buy one tomorrow....

Now im going to do the negotiation. Has anybody purchased one lately or know of someone who has purchased one lately?

I need an idea of what price i can aim for.

They have quoted 31,500k reccomended retail for the car she want.. but im sure i can screw them down a bit and hopefully get them to throw in some car mats etc...

Anyone know the tricks of the trade or can offer any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark.

Go to 3 or so dealers if you can.

First one try and wangle as much as you can, and then tell them you'll get back to them later in the day.

Then go to another with "XXX yard will gimme this, that and the other. Can you beat it"

Generally by the 3rd dealer you've got a few bits and pieces ontop of what the 1st/2nd dude coughed up.

Then you go back to the first one, and then screw them down hard with "XXXX has gone a couple better, can you beat it cause i wanna buy today" etc etc.

Sounds like a good plan, i was going to go to another dealer as you said before going back to the one where mum has already been... Mazda dealers are to far between, so i think ill just stick with going between 2.

go to a few dealers.

we recently bought a mazda 2 genki, GWS Mazda in mulgrave had the best deal - but we couldnt get any free stuff ($21,990 drive away). If I had gone to penfold mazda we would have paid an extra 4 grand ($25,990) but could have bargained to get stuff like window tinting, floor mats etc....

even if they dont lower the price, ask them to put some of the extra accessories :rant:

Best advice as Ash and Hamster says, go to 3 dealers and let them know you are shopping around.

Infact rather than me echoing the above posts, they seem to sum it up well. Will have this one as a post count increase :rant:

Remember car salesmen are scum (even if they aren't, don't seem like it, just assume they are it can be hard with thier charm)...

Don't opt for extra crap like 'paint protection' its just a super expensive wax, no matter how much pressure, or how bad they make you feel about not buying xxx extra because of yyy, don't fall for it, stick to your guns.

As for price, as above, just shop around, don't be afraid to be a bit of a hard arse, don't let them guilt you into anything... if they want to make the sale, make them work for it.

Forget window tinting as well, get it done afterwards as they'll get some cheap shit stuff, and claim its worth $570.

Genuine options like mats, cruise, electrics, factory spoiler kit, etc are the options you want to bargain for.

Im sure once the salesman see's the supple young swedish boy infront of him he'll work out some arrangement.....

Anyone know the tricks of the trade or can offer any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sven.

Forget window tinting as well, get it done afterwards as they'll get some cheap shit stuff, and claim its worth $570.

Genuine options like mats, cruise, electrics, factory spoiler kit, etc are the options you want to bargain for.

Yeah window tinting will get done afterwards. Mats ill try and get for free.. the Maxx Sport model is basically side skirt, rear spoiler and 16" alloys upgrade for $1000. But will try to further bargain.

Im sure once the salesman see's the supple young swedish boy infront of him he'll work out some arrangement.....

lol, im sure he can visit you in the IKEA shop..

Remember car salesmen are scum (even if they aren't, don't seem like it, just assume they are it can be hard with thier charm)...

Don't opt for extra crap like 'paint protection' its just a super expensive wax, no matter how much pressure, or how bad they make you feel about not buying xxx extra because of yyy, don't fall for it, stick to your guns.

As for price, as above, just shop around, don't be afraid to be a bit of a hard arse, don't let them guilt you into anything... if they want to make the sale, make them work for it.

My bro just bough a focus and fell for all that paint protection crap. I told him what you just said, but the idiot didn't believe me. "Oh you don't have to wax it ever again because the paint is protected!" :)

well mazda said tinting was 300 and paint protection is extra.....i told them no thanks - then went to premier tint and got it done for $195 (winter time its cheaper obviously), and paint protection, no need as I got all the right tools at home to keep the paint in perfect cond....

when you go through dealers, yeah they charge soo much - but if you can get it for free, then go for it i say

lol just saw this - u funny phuck hahaha......sven....only J can come up wiht something like that lol

31,500 was RRP.. got it down to 28,300.. with 4 year factory waranty (1 year extra), floor mats, tank of petrol, slim line plates + extra 12 months rego on top...

28,500 is the 'invoice price' which they buy the car for from the manufacturer.. they then get rebates from the manufacturer.. so we did well.

Cheers

31,500 was RRP.. got it down to 28,300.. with 4 year factory waranty (1 year extra), floor mats, tank of petrol, slim line plates + extra 12 months rego on top...

28,500 is the 'invoice price' which they buy the car for from the manufacturer.. they then get rebates from the manufacturer.. so we did well.

Cheers

Wow great savings well done :laugh: ... Just out of interest how many dealers did you end up going to ?

2.... i went to the city one and the dude was a cock head, he wouldnt negotiate.... to which i said you just lost a sale and i left.

Then i went to the Bell St one in Preston and dealt with a guy my old lady already spoke to. I went right at the end of the day and I think they needed the extra sale as they were a bit desperate....

Me and the mrs have bough3 new cars in the last few years, 2 new mazda 3's for her 1 VE SS for me.

All their additional accessories they try and sell you are marked up 200-300% over what you could get it yourself for. Did they try and sell you the mazda special car wash?? We got a few bottles for free, and its rubbish stuff, leaves scuff marks and doesent clean heavy dirt off.

First new mazda 3 we bought we got from dande dealer and they wantd to charge $750 for tinted windows. I found out where they would get it done and it was the same place I got my car done 2 weeks prior or 1/4 of the price.

Me and the mrs have bough3 new cars in the last few years, 2 new mazda 3's for her 1 VE SS for me.

All their additional accessories they try and sell you are marked up 200-300% over what you could get it yourself for. Did they try and sell you the mazda special car wash?? We got a few bottles for free, and its rubbish stuff, leaves scuff marks and doesent clean heavy dirt off.

First new mazda 3 we bought we got from dande dealer and they wantd to charge $750 for tinted windows. I found out where they would get it done and it was the same place I got my car done 2 weeks prior or 1/4 of the price.

Yes true, I was always pressured to sell all that stuff too, esp if the car price was slashed! Prob why I didnt last!