SAU Community

Apc Tank Rampage

WPN-O33

brady_halls.jpg

By Brady Halls

Some men just never grow up. Greg Morris is one such a man.

Approaching 40, Greg still enjoys his toys. They're a little more expensive than my five year old's and certainly much bigger. My son loves playing with his tanks but Greg has the REAL thing. In fact he has two. Here's the best bit, he takes them on the road.

RELATED LINKS

A few years back this forklift renovator saw a magazine advertising a 1963 British armoured personnel carrier for sale. The Poms used it in the first Gulf War conflict and recently retired it. They used to cost $6 million dollars new and all they wanted was $35,000.

Greg's eyes lit up like Luna Park. So he shipped it here and fitted it out for touring. All of a sudden he went from Mr Nobody to Mr Popular. He reckons "it pulls chicks." Yeah, right. Every hoon, every grown up kid in town wanted a ride or a photo alongside it. He was like the guy with the hotted up convertible with doof-doof music that turns some heads. So he bought another one. Those Poms sure go through armoured personnel carriers.

This time however, it was a little more difficult to land it here. Terrorism had taken hold of the world and when an armoured personnel carrier was taken off the cargo ship in Sydney some months back, I was told the federal police on the wharves nearly choked on their lunch. Greg's a very smooth talker and some time later he managed to get it home after meeting certain conditions, i.e. Don't blow anybody up. I should point out that the guns have been removed and Greg has mounted fake ones on the turret.

I joined Greg for a test drive out on the streets of western Sydney. And I became one of those hoons with the doof-doof music. It felt good. I wonder if my boy would like a bigger tank?

to watch the vid go to current affair

I don't think its fun at all, my weekend is shot to shit chasing up techs and parts to go fix this crap.

Actually about the only funny thing was watching highway patrol running around on the news doing something else aside from 'The war on pod filters & BOVs' and not doing very well against 'The war on APCs' which somehow seem to be ruining the roads and property far more effectively than yobbo import owners like me no less!

But I mean really, spare a thought for all those mobile phone users out there in the Mt Druitt region who are unable to ring their drug dealers, call for pizza and arrange a decent stabbing with their mates. :blink:

I don't think its fun at all, my weekend is shot to shit chasing up techs and parts to go fix this crap.

Actually about the only funny thing was watching highway patrol running around on the news doing something else aside from 'The war on pod filters & BOVs' and not doing very well against 'The war on APCs' which somehow seem to be ruining the roads and property far more effectively than yobbo import owners like me no less!

But I mean really, spare a thought for all those mobile phone users out there in the Mt Druitt region who are unable to ring their drug dealers, call for pizza and arrange a decent stabbing with their mates. :blink:

ORLY..HAHAHA.

AT LEAST NO ONE WAS KILLED