SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

screamin'

ummmm I don't know what to say except...

YEAH BABY! now we are talking.

I assuming it's built for aus sports sedan series? looks good. what look like penske shocks, and obviously the full tube chassis and mid mounted engine are hard to miss! is it going to be running a 4 or 6 when done? bit hard to tell from the pic but I'm guessing an RB of some kind? maybe 26/30?

ummmm I don't know what to say except...

YEAH BABY! now we are talking.

I assuming it's built for aus sports sedan series? looks good. what look like penske shocks, and obviously the full tube chassis and mid mounted engine are hard to miss! is it going to be running a 4 or 6 when done? bit hard to tell from the pic but I'm guessing an RB of some kind? maybe 26/30?

Yes it is for the National Aus Sports Sedan Series and will hopefully be completed by the end of this year.

Motor will be the RB25 that is currently being run in my DR30 with a much wilder tune than current. Using the RB25 due the multiplier factors to work out final capacity as we think the weight should come in at 950-990 kg with driver. Yes they are Penskes all round.

All I can say is I dont think I will ever ever take on a project like this again but it is so far past the point of no return that we just keep on going.

Car has been designed and built with only one purpose and that is to hopefully beat Tony Ricciardello in his Alfa Chev. A very big ask but we are going to try very hard.

well good luck, it looks awesome.

tony will be tough to beat as he has been campainging that car for so many years now he has it set-up pretty well. but I've no doubt you will have a damn good shot. It looks like an awesome package to me. who desinged the car?

I was doing some laps at a practice day at oran park gp a month or so back and Kerry Baily was there with his Z with glenn seton doing the driving. had a good close look at his car and it is very impressive. pretty sure phil ryall built that car.

well good luck, it looks awesome.

tony will be tough to beat as he has been campainging that car for so many years now he has it set-up pretty well.

masterstroke of understatement there richo.. :bunny:

Maitland Performance Fabrications designed and built the space frame, hubs and cage. Fantastic workmanship and attention to detail but boy do you pay.

Under no illusions that Tony will be easy to beat...close to 30 years of car development and history have gone into his current car as far as I am aware. We are concentrating every part of our efforts on achieving maximum driveability and power down characteristics because if there is one thing to see in the Alfa Chev it does not matter if he is on or off racing line the car just squats and goes, however having raced against him in different classes his car is not quick at just before corner apex and just after...it is when it straightens up that it puts every bit of power to the ground.

Thanks for the comments...the photos don't really do the car justice.

Chhers

yep, it certainly looks top shelf.

no doubt tony's car has awesome drive out of corners I tend to agree too that mid corner may be where it falls down a bit. well I hope it comes of well, and keep on truckin! I can imagine the time and money into so far must be hard to take, but it will be awesome on track.

LOL...i have been so waiting for you to ante up and post pics of your car. Its so different and so waaaay cool! The turbo is bigger then my diff! :rolleyes:

LOL, we shoudl have done Dutton in it. We woudl have flogged all comers in the standign 1/2 mile :D

...oh and it has to be said. "Last of the V8s max...sux nitrous" Only it doesnt suck nitrous so will never replace Max's Interceptor

Quick peek at the deathtrap I've been building up for the past few years. Do you think I can run it in Improved Production? I have a CAMS license now.

what...the...HELL..is that that that...monstrosity..?

and more importantly, what lunatic approved your CAMS license?