SAU Community

Skyline Nationals July 25th - 29th 2008

mastadd

This is a combined event being held by R31 Skyline Club and Classic Skylines Australia.

I am seeking help from all area's, and people from this club. This was a fantastic event last year, get on board and join in the organisation of what will be another great long weekend.

Agenda is as follows.

Friday Night Welcome Dinner - Venue yet to be confirmed.

Saturday Morning Registration - Function Room, Sundowner Park Lake Motel. Start 8.00 Am, Finish 10.30am.

After Registration head accross the road to show and shine and the Victoria Park Lake. Pricing same as last year. $5.00 to Park, $20.00 to Park and Judge. Lions club will be there again, and so will the merchandise stand. We need 6 people to help with registrations and organising cars for the show and shine. Cars must be parked by 11am. This event will go until 4pm.

Saturday night is your to do what you want, same as last year.

Sunday.

Winton Sprints and regularity events. Will be checking whether we can have drift. but this IS NOT likely. We will be hiring Flaggies and Marshalls, so your input is limited. Lions club will be there with the hot food again, as well as the merchandise tent.

This event is going to be very expensive to run. You will require either a CAMS L2 or a AASA Licence to compete at Winton. AASA Licences will be available on the day for weekend pass pricing. (Price to be confirmed).

To get this event paid for, we are looking for some early bird payments.

To compete at Winton,

Payment by the 31st January 2008, $135.00

Payment by the 31st March 2008, $150.00

Payment by the 15th July 2008, $165.00

Payment on the day $190.00.

There's some incentive to get in early. There will only be 60 spots for this event. All model Nissans/Datsuns are welcome on the Winton Track day.

Sunday Night - Presnetaion Dinner - Venue yet to be confirmed. Expect Pricing around $50.00 per head plus drinks.

Monday Morning - Farewell Breakfast. Pricing yet to be confirmed, expect around $15.00 per head.

This IS a 4 day event. Plan your holidays now. If you are coming from interstate, take the week off and make the most of it.

www.skylinenationals.com Website will be up soon, as will 1800 no.

Next Meeting at the Sandown Hotel 7pm-7.30. Friday 17th August 2007. We will be having dinner there, and discussing what we have covered since tonights meeting. Anyone is welcome to attend.

• 4 weeks later...

I was there for the last one in my 31 (didnt own the 32 at the time, funnily enough it was one of the gtrs on display there :ermm:), was simply an awesome event, especially with the gibson gtr and gtsr cars and race dr30 there on display and racing around the sprint circuit at deca all at once.

I should be there for 2008, will let you know Mastadd closer to January.

Cheers!

Gagz

Edited by R31 Gagz

• 1 month later...

I find most forum users rarely check this section of the forums or know it exists.

You would be better off promoting this event in the General Events Section of each state, as this is where most people check for events.

Just a thought :(

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

special early bird pricing for winton has ended.

people who are interested in competing at winton please pm me or contact me via e-mail (pierced__freak AT hotmail.com) and i will send across a entry form.

for any other questions please don't hesitant to contact me.

Okay everyone, time to get your wallets out and get serious about the nationals.

Friday Night 25th July - Welcomming Dinner

Saturday Morning - 8am - 10.30 Sign in At the Park Lake Motor Inn.

Saturday 9am - 11am Show and Shine and Concourse - Victoria Park lake

Saturday Night - Yours to do what you want

Sunday 8am Winton Sprints All day - See Sup Regs attached and Entry form

If you don't want to race, we are organising a Beechworth Cruise and bakery visit.

Sunday Night - Presentation Dinner A MUST For all who attend, we had a great night in 2006

Monday Morning - Farewell Breakfast.

Second Early Bird Pricing on Winton Finishes On The 31st March If you want Cheap Winton pricing, your payment must be in the bank by Friday Night.

You must have your winton payments in for the great pricing.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, Just a bump and a bit of an update...

It has been confirmed that Terry Ashwood and the Winfield 32 GT-R will be there, along with at least few of the Nissan WORKS cars. The GT-R will not be running due to some mechanical issues - suspect blown turbo.

There may very well be not one, but two R35 GT-R's.

c'mon Join in!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(didnt own the 32 at the time, funnily enough it was one of the gtrs on display there :(),

Gagz

That's a sweet GTR mate. I live down the road from Ron who you bought it off. Might see ya up there.