SAU Community

Great Ebay Body Kits #2

cheez

hey guys

as some of you know, i bought a front bar off ebay and posted it up to say how good it was.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=173731

well i got some more bragging to do as today i got it back from my panel beater who during the week sprayed it up for me and i brought it home to fit. looks awesome!!

some may remember from my previous post, that the bar had a small amount of gap between the headlight and bar. something common i was told in after market bars. i was gonna use a packer to remove the gap, but after some deliberation i tried a different approach. i ended up turning the 2 round holes in the reo (ones that hold it to chassis) into oval holes and opened the forked gap at the back of the mount up. this allowed me to pitch the reo up higher than standard and thus close the gap so much that a packer was not needed. just bolt her up and drive away. check it out.

post-31466-1185001651_thumb.jpg

please ignore the hair dryer in the photos, i was using some sealant from work to bond bolts onto the back of the gtr grille copy so i could mount it. also the icy pole sticks are there to provide support to the grill and hold in position while the hair dryer was drying.

like ive said before, if any1 ever gets an after market bar and needs a hand to fit it up before they spray it, pm me and im more than glad to give u a hand. (melb only, lol)

hope you guys think it looks good.

post-31466-1185001730_thumb.jpg

post-31466-1185001840_thumb.jpg

post-31466-1185001961_thumb.jpg

post-31466-1185002036_thumb.jpg

post-31466-1185002086_thumb.jpg

Edited by cheez

some may remember from my previous post, that the bar had a small amount of gap between the headlight and bar. something common i was told in after market bars. i was gonna use a packer to remove the gap, but after some deliberation i tried a different approach. i ended up turning the 2 round holes in the reo (ones that hold it to chassis) into oval holes and opened the forked gap at the back of the mount up. this allowed me to pitch the reo up higher than standard and thus close the gap so much that a packer was not needed. just bolt her up and drive away. check it out.

Don't suppose you have a pic of this process fitted up?

I'm fairly sure I know what your talking about and I'd love to give it a try on mine as I also have a problem with the holes in the bar lining up to the ones on the guards.

wow man that looks great so tempting to buy one just interested how much it cost u for a guy to spray it? and who did it for you?

spraying it up cost me $300. that was with a primer and block back to get rid of any possible pin holes, and then the colour. the guys @ GP Smash repairs in Epping, vic did the job. they @ 53 miller st.

Don't suppose you have a pic of this process fitted up?

I'm fairly sure I know what your talking about and I'd love to give it a try on mine as I also have a problem with the holes in the bar lining up to the ones on the guards.

yeh i do. here it is. this is the side on view on the reo. the front 1 (left hole) is the 1 that i elongated and made oval. the back 1 i just grinded to allow for the extra pitch movement.

post-31466-1185027764_thumb.jpg

there is a b4 and after of the gap.

post-31466-1185027732_thumb.jpg post-31466-1185027677_thumb.jpg

good stuff bro - glad it turned out good for you in the end.

Hih ihi hi lol - the hair dryer - yeah, we all know what the V8 boyz think about us turbos... lolz

looks like it fits on wheel... good stuff...

my indicators were out of my gtr style front bar that came with the car when i bought it. not sure where u can get them from but im told that you can use trailer indicators which are the same size only that they are orange rather than clear.

Hey guys,I finally got my new bar on the car.Just have to get it painted up.

post-38998-1185164374_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vish

Hey cheez you got any pics of the car with the bar fully fitted and bonnet closed etc? like out on the street. I'd love to see how the car looks as a whole with the bar on it. :laugh:

this is it on the car. hadnt fitted up the number plate yet, but will be getting slim line plates and putting them on.

post-31466-1185317823_thumb.jpg

post-31466-1185317908_thumb.jpg