SAU Community

Anyone Seen A Widebody Kit For Stagea?

rb26stagea

I have seen the 'overfenders'... I think Dolphin or Takeros have them available, but has anyone seen a kit that makes the c34 really wide?? I was looking at my car today, and thought it would look very nice if it were wider. It would also visually lower the car.... Like I said, just a thought.....for now

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some true wide-body conversions getting around Japan, but most of them look scary-ugly. A Google search or a search of this thread might show some of them.

Masa guards are the go for quality.

http://www.masamotorsports.com/catalog/img/SW4c.jpg

There are some on Yahoo Auctions that could be alright, but you never know. I think both add around 25-30mm for the front guards.

Hot dawg there's some nice front guards on that site!

Got some nice rear 'awnings' too! :laughing-smiley-014:

what's the additional cost involved in shipping, roughly? I heard that you pretty much double the purchase price? I have no idea when it comes to bringing stuff in.

If doubling is the case, it sure makes Darrin's R34 kit look financially attractive.

Oh, the price we pay to be different!

Edited by rb26stagea

The biggest problem with bringing something like the guards in is not having them damaged. Doubling them would be a pretty sensible way of figuring out what they'll cost. The prices for importing parts seem to fluctuate a fair bit. To be honest if I was you I'd get someone to pump the stock guards. FRP quarters are for show and race cars only IMO.. People sit on front 1/4 (not saying they should), and they'd cop a bit of abuse I'd imagine...

The biggest problem with bringing something like the guards in is not having them damaged. Doubling them would be a pretty sensible way of figuring out what they'll cost. The prices for importing parts seem to fluctuate a fair bit. To be honest if I was you I'd get someone to pump the stock guards. FRP quarters are for show and race cars only IMO.. People sit on front 1/4 (not saying they should), and they'd cop a bit of abuse I'd imagine...

NAH if they are fitted right they cop more abuse than stock... you can lift our car by the rear 1/4's and you can punch /kick them and they absorb the shock (due to special treatment between gaurd and factory panel) and pop back... far stronger and flexible than the factory panels its all in the prep and know-how.

Do you have wheels that fill the guards already? If not this might be a good starting point to figure out how much you need to pull them by?

No wheels to fit yet: This is only an idea at the moment. Let's just see how ridiculous the budget will need to be first....

After all, it's purely an aesthetic thing: a widebody is not really a functional mod in my case; it would be purely for my own viewing pleasure. If the cost were similar to a 2.8l stroker kit, or a pair of 2540's, then I would be more inclined to perform the performance mods first....

Edited by rb26stagea

NAH if they are fitted right they cop more abuse than stock... you can lift our car by the rear 1/4's and you can punch /kick them and they absorb the shock (due to special treatment between gaurd and factory panel) and pop back... far stronger and flexible than the factory panels its all in the prep and know-how.

So they are actually fitted over the factory panel? Is the factory panel trimmed back a lot?

Seems like it would add a lot of weight that way?

So they are actually fitted over the factory panel? Is the factory panel trimmed back a lot?

Seems like it would add a lot of weight that way?

The factory panel is cut back heaps and re-joined to keep structural integrity, the panels then sit over the cut section and then the fill is fitted. The actual wieght added is very minimal.

The factory panel is cut back heaps and re-joined to keep structural integrity, the panels then sit over the cut section and then the fill is fitted. The actual wieght added is very minimal.

Thanks for the info Trent - I'm just going to be shoving as much wheel under the stock guards as I can. :glare:

what its not fat enough for you already!

is it ever fat enough?? I would like dish, if it's financially viable. The problem I have is my front brakes: they barely (and I mean barely) clear the front R34 GTR rims as it is: the calipers are rather bulky, and of impressive girth :D

So, rather than downgrade to smaller anchors (why would you?), I thought it was worth investigating the option of widening the guards, allowing me to fit some dished wheels. I am at the point now where I need to decide what to do to the car. It was my old man's last car, so I won't sell it, as it has sentimental value. So, I can either:

a) keep it as my daily driver, but soften up the suspension a wee bit, and buy another play car or;

b) make it my weekender, and go to town on it, and buy a nice comfortable Aristo/Celsior/Cima/V35 as my daily driver.

I am leaning more towards option b), as half the work is done on this car already, I just need to pick a direction to go with it: do I go for luxo-sporty:widebody, respray in a dark colour, dished 19's, plenty of chrome and interior retrim, or do I stroke it, up the boost, fit a cage & harnesses and play race driver in low end competition?? I think the car is already way more capable than I am, so this would be done over time as my skills improve.....

Just some thoughts......