SAU Community

Pcv Oil Problem

so i just finshed swaping an rb25det in to my r32 it was running good for a few days then something whent on it now pukes tuns of oil threw the pcv I know what your thinkig my rings are gone here is the thing in 1 1/4 mile pass i can pul threw 1l of oil in to a catch can. it seems like it is some how bumping boost in to the crank case. I am running a standlone microtech and the idal air is not conected to any controller

so i just finshed swaping an rb25det in to my r32 it was running good for a few days then something whent on it now pukes tuns of oil threw the pcv I know what your thinkig my rings are gone here is the thing in 1 1/4 mile pass i can pul threw 1l of oil in to a catch can. it seems like it is some how bumping boost in to the crank case. I am running a standlone microtech and the idal air is not conected to any controller

It is 520AM and I am pretty out of it, but from what I read;

If your crank case is being pressurized, it means that there is somehow air getting through into there?

How?

Because your rings are gone, and when it goes for the compression stroke, air passes through and past the rings, as they are worn.

If that makes any sense.. that what I think it is. Had past experience with worn rings and when car was on boost, it would just piss oil from every where, crank case and all.. Turned out the rings where gone. (wasn't an RB though..) but same shit.

Hope that helps. Your best bet is probably to wait it out unit morning when help arrives :)

Thanks,

Abu

Edited by abu

One question.

Was it originally an RB25DET, or did you convert it to T from RB25DE?

If your rings are gone it may be due to boost wearing them out, as the RB25DE has a higher compression as oppose to the RB25DET..

Thats if that is the case of course (converting an RB25DE to RB25DET)..

Or you may have just got a tired RB25DET motor by luck.

Thanks,

Abu

Edited by abu

well as far as i know it is not an rb25de to det i do have a swaped turbo on it thoght it is a t3/t4 57 trip only runnign like 9 psi right now i guess it could be a tired engen but a hole letar in one run down the track. I was talking to some nissan buddys at the track and thay think that to much oil is comming out to be the rings and it does not blow any smock out the exhaust.

Edited by TheLast

well as far as i know it is not an rb25de to det i do have a swaped turbo on it thoght it is a t3/t4 57 trip only runnign like 9 psi right now i guess it could be a tired engen but a hole letar in one run down the track. I was talking to some nissan buddys at the track and thay think that to much oil is comming out to be the rings and it does not blow any smock out the exhaust.
You have a serious case of blow-by. I saw it on a 34 GT-R - hit boost and fill the catch can. Turned out to be a cracked piston.

well i did a compression test (i did half the engen yesterday and was was putting it off you guys are right number 5 is 100 and all the rest where 150 to 155psi. well thanks for the help i guess i just got a bad engine to start with look sliek i will be down for 6 more mounths.... anyone have an rb30 bottem end sitting around they do not want :rolleyes:

Edited by TheLast

well i did a compression test (i did half the engen yesterday and was was putting it off you guys are right number 5 is 100 and all the rest where 150 to 155psi. well thanks for the help i guess i just got a bad engine to start with look sliek i will be down for 6 more mounths.... anyone have an rb30 bottem end sitting around they do not want :rolleyes:

dude go to the wreckers and get a na rb30 bottom bolt your head straight to it. i have done it the car ran an 11.0 at 121mph