SAU Community

B-man Has Done It Again

B-Man

Fark you Dan ! Now I am seriously thinking about a RB25DET transplant -

Power to weight would be unreal ! S12 is only 1100kgs.

Did my first mod on the weekend ! ha ha ha ha - I have no control whatsoever when it comes to modding cars.

A nice set of Buddy Club p1 16" wheels (same type as on my old skyline) - got them for cheap !

This will be a great track car - Once I work out how to put all the Skyline stuff in it (Engine, Brakes, Diff - well maybe not diff - this is proving to be a hassle)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

b-man, don't over capitalise a shitty car. rather than buying the $500 car and then spending $10K on it and still having a $500 car (albeit a much faster one) I say practice some stunt driving in it, don't spend any more, then when it dies buy something good!

Just chuck in a CA18DET, backyard jobbie, and do the suspension and brakes and diff on the cheap with second hand bits as you find them. That way you'll have a cheap daily which will also function well on the track or whatnot if you want to practise some drifting. No point going all out because at the end of the day its still a gazelle and will be worth nothing.

Just chuck in a CA18DET, backyard jobbie, and do the suspension and brakes and diff on the cheap with second hand bits as you find them. That way you'll have a cheap daily which will also function well on the track or whatnot if you want to practise some drifting. No point going all out because at the end of the day its still a gazelle and will be worth nothing.

Yep, thats the plan I'd take too.

DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTT :D

I have to agree with them all B-man, probably best to not spend a fortune on it, just make it a bit of fun... kill it, then get something better, and have I got the car to step up to...

A fully built R33 Drift Car... Cheap!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

So you know I bought the S12

First thing I did was put new wheels on it - Buddy Club P1s

Then I put Lowered Springs in the back

Also changed the rear Shocks to Monroe Gas - (HQ Shocks)

Then I put KYP Excel-G shocks in the front

Changed the centre bearing on the tail shaft.

Fixed up the little bit of rust in the rear sil

Painted it up - But I got the wrong Colour blue -

So I thought - Fark it ! I'll paint the whole car.

So yesterday, I prepped and primed the front

Today I sprayed it silver - Yep - new colour for the S12.

Here are some pics. It's just had 2 coats so far - will Buff i back with some 1000 or 2000 W&D then another coat and so forth until I am happy with it -

Then I might give it a coat or two of clear.

First time I have sprayed a car ! ha ha ha

PICT0543.JPG

PICT0544.JPG

PICT0545.JPG

PICT0546.JPG

PICT0547.JPG

PICT0548.JPG

PICT0549.JPG

One Drift/Circuit PIG coming up ! ha ha

Farken - Might just put R33 4 pot brakes, and rear disc conversion and good suspension. Won't need any power - Will be able to overtake everyone on braking & cornering. :thumbsup: