SAU Community

32: how many km's?

I get 10kays per Litre too :(

Generally around locally I get 470kays to a tank ... full up at 50litres. So its pretty close to 10litres per 100kays.. :)

On the open road it doesn't improve that much, I get around an extra 100kays to a tank.. Well not as much as my VS 5ltr Manual commodore. The commodore used to get 350-400kays around local then on the open road it used to clock around 650kays to a tank.

Originally posted by Roy

They say a day at the track equates to 10,000kms. Anyone else heard this?

Geez, how many fncken laps are you doing? and how fast are you going to do it one day?

Thats:

1,000 10k laps

2,000 5k laps

5,000 2k laps

etc

and:

416.6km/h for 24hours

833.3km/h for 12hours

etc

wow, you guys must be running some serious horses!

bloody hell, most of you guys seem optimistic, only Roy and Kabab have realistic reasing (>150k). I mean, a lot of you have cars with only 5,000klm per year age, supposedly.

edit, I should add, my 97 r33 has 85,000klm.

Originally posted by coco69

shaun - did u say yurs had 32k on it?  thats hella nice and low, and you doubled that in a year?  lol talk about twice daily driver.

yeah, i live 50km's from where i work so i do 500km's during the week just driving to work plus probably 200extra km's each weekend. its had its fair share of highway kilometers and thrash km's.

when i got it, being on a 2L i expected 10km/L, i average about 8km/L for every tank, worse when i have a weekend with motorsport in it :(

regarding legit km's.. there are cars out there that are legit and you can tell by the overall condition of the car.. and of course you also get the woundback ones with screwed interiors and the like. Not every car racks up high km's, especially in japan.

Shaun

Guest YZF-R1 Maniac
Originally posted by coco69

you got the blue/red or the silver?

i wanna red one or a blue one or a silver one!  sh!t i'll take any one of em!!

Coco i have the FAASTER Red one!! Thats me in my avatar.

cheers

lol MM2, i like that attitude

Originally posted by MM2death

76K and counting....prolly not legit but what the hell...

YZFr1 u maniac... lol

watched so many vids of them, and seen them hooning all over the place...

theyre 950cc right?

man, checking all of it out now...

here coz with L's and P's you can only ride 250cc...

whats the options?

buy a 250 for those years then buy an r1 later on?

do 250's even compare? howz the CBR compare? coz was thinking of getting one.

Guest YZF-R1 Maniac

Yeah is the same deal here. Ride the 250 for 2 years and then you can upgrade to a bigger bike. It is a good idea tho it saves ppl killing them selve on a big bike. To put it in to perspective as a car. The R1 has 150hp at the rear wheel and weight 179 kilos. for a car to have the same power to weight ratio it would have to have over 700hp at the wheers and would only be able to weight 1000kilos.

Yeah the CBR250RR would have to be the pick of the 250's out there at the moment. They dont compare to an R1 at all. On a nice little tight road they are great, handle like a dream. I would spend you 2 years on the 250 and the upgrade to a 600 something like the R6 for at least a year and then if you can really ride the wheels off the R6 then go for something like the R1. Just remember you have your whole life to get the bike you want. Learnt to ride the smaller ones 1st and then you will enjoy a bigger bike more because you wont be scared of it.

Goodluck with finding a bike.

feel free to ask any more questions.

Maybe email me tho as we got a bit off topic hehehehe

Cheers:burnout:

mine is about to tick over to 105 000 all running smooth, and kays seem to be legit, becuase i asked the mechanic about what sort of condition the belt was in when i got it changed and he said 'yeh it looks like 100 000 kays had be done on it, no need to worry about the kays being wound back,'

i am getting around 8 ks to a litre too...

Originally posted by unwritten law

i am getting around 8 ks to a litre too...

man, im only getting like around 7kms per L, but thats taking into account that i normally always leave a quarter or so in the tank each refill.

yeh - i love the r6 -- looks like thats' the path i'm gonna take.

r6/r1 one day, but for now i'll go get my bike license this holidays.

woOt~! :P