SAU Community

Undercover Police

long33

there is an easy solution to this and that is dont race people off from the lights :)

ok.. im guilty wer all guilty about line ups on the local lights and freeways. ur lying if u dont. so fact of life. we all do it :P

Im still doubt the r32 was actually a cop... I mean read the story. Old mate is saying one of his mates got told by one of his mates (an s13 owner at that!) that this happened...

But hey, feel free to believe its 100% true.

whats wrong with S13 silvias.. ur just jealous that they weigh 1100kg and go real well with an RB20.. :sorcerer:

cheers for the heads up on the fone darren.

i know of a champange aurion gold coast area and ive been RBT'd by the odd red undercover commo. as if u executive kit ur SS.. also know of a 380 black .. :cheers:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PG 2 ME.

and..

i personally have not been fined. nor recieved a traffic offence or actually damaged a car. no accidents for me :cheers:

once in the GTR coming onto the highway just stretching its legs. stretched out 3rd gear.. 140+kph and then slotted into 5th and rolled to 100kph behind a red commo (vy) and just drove normally for 3-4 exits.. then the commo merges over and flashes its red and blue after another 2 exits.

pulled me over 2 senior detectives.. big guys pop out asked me bout my speed. questioned me bout drugs ..?? and sent me on my way.

could have got anal raped. i might have gotten RBTd that time i dnt remember.

lesson of story be polite and they bite softer. :P

there is an easy solution to this and that is dont race people off from the lights :cheers:

I got a better solution.....don't stop.

If a 32 pulled up behind me with lights flashing I wouldn't stop if you payed me. My mates sister was mugged by a couple of mofos playing a prank like that. They wanna pull me over in anything but a Commodore, Falcon, Avalon or Magna then they are going to have to do some catching up.

Flame on bitches.

If a 32 pulled up behind me with lights flashing I wouldn't stop if you payed me. My mates sister was mugged by a couple of mofos playing a prank like that. They wanna pull me over in anything but a Commodore, Falcon, Avalon or Magna then they are going to have to do some catching up.

Flame on bitches.

That is so true. My cousin was assualted by 2 guys whit flashing lights, naturally when u hear the horn and see th elights u pull over so she did and then they tried to assualt her..

I have seen a Cop in a R33, race a supra then slot in behind him and pull him over.

Im still doubt the r32 was actually a cop... I mean read the story. Old mate is saying one of his mates got told by one of his mates (an s13 owner at that!) that this happened...

But hey, feel free to believe its 100% true.

ur rong, read the story again, old mate(me) was told by my brother in law who was the 3rd car, not the s13, he drives a brand new 323 astina and took off with the 32 and the s13 but backed off wen it got to 120k/h on an 80 road cos hes already done time for traffic offences. As for the whole lights argument, fair enuf, i thot about getting some neons to scare people but decided it would be stupid cos if u get puled over for say an rbt and the cops spot lights in ur grill, namely red and blues, u could get charged with impersonating a police officer. But i agree, u wont ever see me pulling over for anything but a marked cop car. U have every right, if flashed by an undercover to keep driving, call 000 and tell them whats going on and give them the plate number and they can radio the car to see if its a ligit copper, if it is they will tell u to pull over, my misses maintains she would never pull over on a dark street, even for a marked car, she reckons the best thing for chicks to do is keep driving, at a low speed or with hazards on and pull into the closest well lit spot ie. a servo, for safety reasons.

I only believe what my brotha in law said cos by the time he drove past the coppa was at the s13's window booking him

maybe its bull, but i no i wouldn't risk racing it to see if its true, would u? was just warning people.

damn that sux man.

but if u did keep going from a r32 with light flashing, i think u could be forgiven, just dont tell judge u were speeding.

I WOULD NEVER PULL OVER FOR AN IMPORT WITH FLASHING LIGHTS. it seems a but suss.

you could even argue that u were afraid of getting raped.

it seems like a dodgy situation

qld police are only allowed to use new australian delivered vehicles from my understanding of the laws.... but yeah i have been pulled over before by off duty cops.... but as the saying goes u treat them with respect they have no reason to disrespect u....

Edited by redevil

i think it was a good point made just to put your hazard lights on to acknowledge the copper and pull into the next attended servo, there is nothing cops like to bust more then people who try to impersonate them on the roads.

if your lucky they may get a call/board and just drive on haha

U have every right, if flashed by an undercover to keep driving, call 000 and tell them whats going on and give them the plate number and they can radio the car to see if its a ligit copper, if it is they will tell u to pull over, my misses maintains she would never pull over on a dark street, even for a marked car, she reckons the best thing for chicks to do is keep driving, at a low speed or with hazards on and pull into the closest well lit spot ie. a servo, for safety reasons.

But then you get done for talking on your mobile too?? :P

I got let off after i speed off from a undercover copper car, cut across double lines and drove into a closed car park at 2am in the morning cuz they didn't have their lights on until after I'd done it. When they pulled me over I made them show ID then I went on about them being arseholes for following me for 5mins since I was a chick driving on my own so late at night. They apologized then let me go. State traffic police, gezzz I dont know, they must get bored!!

I also got pulled over once for a 'RBT' and the copper is like 'bet you think we're doing RTB's but we're really just pulling over all the hot chicks'. WTF :thumbsup:

Edited by BLiNKsTaR

But then you get done for talking on your mobile too?? :P

I also got pulled over once for a 'RBT' and the copper is like 'bet you think we're doing RTB's but we're really just pulling over all the hot chicks'. WTF :thumbsup:

1. Put ur phone on handsfree and ur sweet/ hello, cops talk on fones too, its an emergancy!

2. Be happy that proves ur hot! own it. lol, thats guys for u any chance to see some skirt

i no if i had that power id.....never abuse it like that! grr lol

But yea that dont suprise me in anyway, di*ks, always have been and always will be here not only to

protect and serve, but also waste innocent peoples time

ok.. im guilty wer all guilty about line ups on the local lights and freeways. ur lying if u dont. so fact of life. we all do it ;)

:

so true. thank god some one said it

Flame on bitches.

hey, goood point.. is there any type of law in which car you much stop for while on your freeway to some were?..

when i think of it, if this happened in sydney i would not pull over either, thinking its some fool trying to mug people, its happened before in similar ways.. i wonder if you could get away with saying, i thought it was some one trying to cause trouble. hmmm...

Here's some information for you....

The "Hoon squad / Traffic Branch" can and do have a large variety of laws and rules that allow them to operate completely different to any other branch of police force in order to watch, catch traffic offenders.

They will and do use other vehicles to follow and catch people sometimes there confiscated ones, owned by the government etc.

The vehicles have to have a caliberated and accurate speedo which they get checked every few weeks if I'm not correct.

When your pulled over by a police officer who has done the " Assesed your speed against his speedometer while following you " you can actually ask him when his speedometer was last caliberated and he should have a record of it. There regulations state they must be maintained regularly to be able to give accurate readings of speed. If its been missed then the car can give inaccurate readings.

Same goes for a police officers name and badge number and station, when asked the officer must inform you of these details... if he refuses he can actually get in trouble for it!!!

Same goes for a police officers name and badge number and station, when asked the officer must inform you of these details... if he refuses he can actually get in trouble for it!!!

They generally give you a business card with their details...

As for the conferscated cars things, nah not true. Urban myth. They could not handle half the cars conferscated :)

He is not full of shit. About 2 years ago I was told by one of my mates not to race a metallic blue Skyline. It had been hanging around Sunnybank (Mains Rd.). They have WRXs, Skylines, Magnas, highly moded SS commodores...The works. They have access to everything. In fact, a police officer is never off duty. They can arrest anyone, anywhere, anytime, for anything. They can ensight anything they like. 'Entrapment' is a pipe dream. It will not save you. You would have to have physical evidence of a police officer ensighting a race. They are (supposedly) bound to uphold the law. So their word has alot more weight than yours. They will simply argue that you had a choice not to race. And you made the wrong decision.

I would heed the "no racing at the lights" bit. Police have the law on their side....Unless you don't have number plates and you have like 600hp.

He is not full of shit.

Firstlly no one said he was full of sh1t, He raised a few valid points.

Many police own nice cars, but they belong to the officer.

Yes its true they are always on duty to a degree, yes they can fine you when out of uniform and off duty while driving their own car.

We used to have a regular user of SAU that was an officer and owned a very nice R33 GTR with a number of mods. Was a very quick little car in fact, but he owned it.

Many used to bug him to ask questions about "what should i do if" and "is this legal" and so forth.

The traffic branch have many types of D cars, but all are less than 3 years old and must be current models, this is their own rules.

Remember when they retired the Monaro's which at the time were only about a year old. This was due to Holden ceasing production of the car, so they switched to XR6 Fords F6 Typhoons for the highway patrol. As they were and still are current.

They DO NOT however drive conferscated cars that belong to members of the public, under any circumstances on a patrol.

PS> Sidenote, you should also have a search in the QLD section for a topic called "Undercover cop car register" as it is a thread that posts many a car that has pulled someone over.

Its an interesting read actually and its a pity it does not get used these days.

Interesting. Becareful for all yous that travel on Redland Bay Rd in Capalaba, the big stretch has continuous unmarked cars going off and pulling people over. I hear them all the time. 90% of the times i see an unmarked with lights internally.

But many years ago there was a 300zx around here that had the plates 2BAD4U. I guess that plates suited for what the driver was going to do.

mate is a r32 chases me with flasing light id f*ken hit it, even if they didnt catahc me theyd have my plates, but if i got taken to court id say hell yeh i speed and ran mr judge man, would u if some weirdo with cop lights was chasing u? if it appered to be what a coomon cop or undercover car looked liek id pull over, otheriswe racing or not id argue that i though some c**t was trying to chase me. lol might work

Actually I was reading this story below this morning over breakfast in the local quest newspaper.

There was a story of a mother and son arrested for impersonating police,

they have been pulling over people outside the PRMBC bowls club in their 2002 Holden Astra. Their goal was to stop drink drivers and inflict fear in those whom temp fate driving home. They had purchased a flashing blue light on ebay and using high beams to attract their victims. They copied down all the drivers details and told them its their lucky day. This had been going on for months said one parton of the club. Until one night they pulled over an off duty police offer whom arrested them both on the spot.

In court the judge said join the police force if you wanta make a difference, until then do not under any circumstances impersonate a police officer as its a criminal offence, they were both given 300 hours community service and good behaviuor bonds. The police also conferscated their light and the motor vechicle had to be surended for 30 days.

So there you go!!!