SAU Community

COPS! Winter Crack Down

lowlux

i seen the thread by predator666 and thought some of u guys might like to know that there having a crack down on un-roadworthy cars this winter,thereve already started doing this in Sunbury and ive been told that the entire vic police force will be doing this, there basically looking for things like headlights,tail lights, tyres etc but i mean if yourve got a smart ass cop then he might start getting ppl for pod filters, fmic and exausts etc.

I know im pretty safe in Sunbury as i think im the only 1 car with a FMIC and the coppers dont even know what a turbo is,but for u guys over the other side of town be carefull

Just a warning guys

Guest INASNT

i dont think winter has anything 2 do with it, its coz its nearly the end of the financial year so they will need to get cashed up for next years donut supply.

cops r always on sum bs import crackdown, its all about the $$ nothing to do with road safety and it always will be!

LOL!!!

Sunbury cops wouldn't know a snail if the stepped on one!

but yeah... crack down for the BUDGET... more like stable income to me.

But i have seen radom Roadie sessions on Sharps Rd/Keilor Park drive on and off. You can't see it till your over the hill and then there are 3-4 interceptors and they get everything driving past. Usually in the afternoon's.

Well maybe yes because of the budget but the reason there giving is cause this time of the year the roads are dangerous/wet and they want to keep the roadtoll down by taking un-roadworthy cars off the road,which i think is a great idea as long as they dont pick on us and get the REAL! shity cars of the road like the ones that are getting held together by rust and have no exaust etc

You'd think they would have better things to do, honestly. A person driving around with a tail-light out or something is hardly a menance to society.

The thing is lowlux, that is not their goal at all... its mainly imports i hear about because they're obvious targets - even if they are less than 10 years old and 95% of the time compliant in the genuine "safety" aspects. If they were actually pulling over old rust buckets and things and genuinely scary looking cars then I would see the reasoning. But its about making money, pure and simple.

I remember reading a while back that a study was done by Vicroads - and there was actually 3% or less of accidents the factor was an unroadworthy vehicle.. so for them to claim its saving lives is pure rubbish. The road toll has remained static for the last few years - can't they see that there is just only so much that can be done.

Dickheads will always kill themselves on the roads (and anywhere else), its just a fact of life. The government trying to protect people like that from themselves (or others) is never going to work. I don't even understand that mentality to be honest. If a person drives like a goon and kills themselves (hopefully not taking anybody with them) well it is their life and their own responsibility, and their own choices that they take. To get in a person's car who you don't trust or drives badly, is again, your own risk, your own responsiblity, and your own life. To try and make everybody suffer because of this is both narrow minded and avoiding the actual underlying issues.

Yup, but like i said before I SMELL BACON! and it stinks!

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by lowlux

Well maybe yes because of the budget but the reason there giving is cause this time of the year the roads are dangerous/wet and they want to keep the roadtoll down by taking un-roadworthy cars off the road,which i think is a great idea as long as they dont pick on us and get the REAL! shity cars of the road like the ones that are getting held together by rust and have no exaust etc

u know i know and the cops know that any car they canary can be back on the road within a day or 2 with the canary taken off, only people that benefit from it are the cops with the bs fine they give u now when they canary 2 "driving a modified vehicle - $160". They are saving no lives

Originally posted by Horus

theres another thing u guys gotaa watch out for...I read in the papers today that you can get double the normal amount of demerit points during the holiday seasons coming up

They're only considering it.

http://www.drive.com.au/news/article.asp?a...FXRSCBNTGD.html

yeh its really gh3y

have to be cautious and shit when driving always checking rear view mirror to see if that car was an undercover

or checking speedo to see if you're going over

its built a really fuct up driving mentality where now you can't even enjoy driving without thinking in the back of your mind theres a cop watching you or a speed camera waiting. its a farkin conspiracy

Guest INASNT

i just heard on the news that some councils want to give their parking inspectors speed guns so they get u not only for parking but speeding also, and some council bitch actually had the nerve to say that even tho it will raise alot of revenue its all about safety!!

The day a parking officer gives me a speeding ticket is the day i run the **** down!!

Originally posted by SmoothLine

:werd:

Solution? Move to Queensland.

I drove by a cop car one night and wasnt concentrating, I shifted from 2nd to third at 3k and vented my BOV right in his window. DIdnt even pull me over, legend! Go Queensland!

lol

i have accidently screamer piped right next to a cop car and neither of them even looked around. oops

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by predator666

yer, the day that happens is the day i run over a parking inspector....repeatedly.. and then get the **** out of this shitty state and its shitty road rules.

do the rest of us a favour and run over steve bracks 2!!

that **** hates motorists