SAU Community

V Spec Vs Non V Spec

I have negotiated some good prices on a few R33 GTR's to look at on the weekend. Some are Vspec and some are not, so what are the differences and should they affect the purchase price significantly?

The reason i ask is one particular car is presented beautifully and is a non V spec vs another which is also well presented but not finished off as nicely but is a V spec. Both have been negotiated down to within $500 of each other with the V spec being the cheaper one. :P

Edit: managed to type the right thing into search to get a result. From this i get the physical differences but do you guys percieve the price differences as an issue or not? It seems that most GTR's have aftermarket suspension anyway and the active diff is supposedly nothing special.

EDIT: See post 12 for update and add opinions please

Edited by fieds83

And check REVS and the written off register in the state the cars are registered.

There are a few (well quite a lot actually) cars out there that aren't what they are being sold as.

Old saying "if it looks to good to be true it probably is"

Go on the condition of the car, v spec doesn't really carry much of a premium.

Edited by WRRR

From what ive heard the V-spec is better, dont know y tho, i think it may have had better breaks but im not too sure

Don't be offended but if you don't know what you're talking about what's the point of posting... too much time on your hands?

Go on the condition of the car, v spec doesn't really carry much of a premium.

This guy has the right idea.

I absolutely agree that i should buy the vehicle that is in the best condition and i would not do it any other way. So basically the conclusion that we have come to is that being V Spec does not carry any weight to the pricing of a GTR due to it becoming irrellevent once the vehicle is modified anyway.

Thanks for the replies.

Edited by fieds83

I would be concerned that the grey car has sedan headlights (silver instead of black surrounds) this is a tell tale sign of front end damage at some time in the past.

Also cars with 320km speedo's have questionable km's because these are not the original speedo's.

I have a R33 GTR V-Spec and I can vouch for the additional grip that the active rear diff makes in wet conditions. If you find two cars in the same condition then go for the V-Spec but if the non V-Spec is in better condition then it would be a better buy.

There are also a lot of V-Spec's that are just a sticker so make sure that you run the VIN through FAST to make sure it is genuine.

There is a FAST topic on these forums where if you provide the VIN and Engine number then they can check the FAST software and confirm if the car is genuine for you.

Some rebirthed cars have been identified this way where the car leaves the factory white but pops up later black with the engine that also came in a black car. It is funny how these cars also have the vin plate attached with non factory clips.

This is for 33 GTR's only.. 32 and 34 i don't know as much about differences.... but you could have searched....

Vspec has active LSD which is a bit of a wank, more to go wrong with a pump and stuff with it, plus if you want to change it later to a tighter diff you have to get a non-vspec diff to do the change over....

Vpsec has the faster attesa computer 1/1000th of a second rather than 1/100th... not sure how much difference it would make... i'd guess not a huge amount....

Vspec has stiffer suspension stock.... but most people change suspension anyway...

Brakes, front bar, front lip etc... are all identical between vspec and non-vspec.

As people have said a lot of non vspec have the sticker.. check the rear diff for fins to see if its real.

Personally i'd pick the better condition car...

This is for 33 GTR's only.. 32 and 34 i don't know as much about differences.... but you could have searched....

Vspec has active LSD which is a bit of a wank, more to go wrong with a pump and stuff with it, plus if you want to change it later to a tighter diff you have to get a non-vspec diff to do the change over....

Vpsec has the faster attesa computer 1/1000th of a second rather than 1/100th... not sure how much difference it would make... i'd guess not a huge amount....

Vspec has stiffer suspension stock.... but most people change suspension anyway...

Brakes, front bar, front lip etc... are all identical between vspec and non-vspec.

As people have said a lot of non vspec have the sticker.. check the rear diff for fins to see if its real.

Personally i'd pick the better condition car...

If you refer to my first post and the time of the edit you will see that i searched within minutes of posting this up. I had been searching beforehand i just had not managed to type the right thing to get a result.

Thankyou for your input regarding the differences, any extra information is helpful.