SAU Community

Tail Shaft Bearing

embrace

Yes in fact the guy at the shop that reconditioned mine recommended strongly against it for all sorts of wonderful theoretical reasons like whirling speed and requiring increased wall thickness which increases the interia.

But then again his business is reconditioning 2 piece ones lol

without the center bearing in there would the gearbox cop all the shocks and bumps from the diff??

the std one has that little bit of in and out movement at the center bearing, is this to take the shocks from the rear? a one piece doesn't have this.

without the center bearing in there would the gearbox cop all the shocks and bumps from the diff??

the std one has that little bit of in and out movement at the center bearing, is this to take the shocks from the rear? a one piece doesn't have this.

actually thats incorrect on a one piece shaft the yoke that goes into the gearbox slides back and forth as the car goes over bumps . the yoke should never bottom out in the box if it's the correct length . i have made shitloads of tailshfts for speedway cars that see more bump action than any road car . a 2 piece shaft is good over long distance from gearbox to diff it overcomes pinion angle and a whole lot of other issues icludin harmonic vibration that may occcur on a long one piece tailshaft

actually thats incorrect on a one piece shaft the yoke that goes into the gearbox slides back and forth as the car goes over bumps . the yoke should never bottom out in the box if it's the correct length . i have made shitloads of tailshfts for speedway cars that see more bump action than any road car . a 2 piece shaft is good over long distance from gearbox to diff it overcomes pinion angle and a whole lot of other issues icludin harmonic vibration that may occcur on a long one piece tailshaft

ok. wasn't sure, just a thought, i was asking if this was the case.