SAU Community

Carbon Bonnet On R34

wudi

Hey Guys

Firstly... Name's Woody and I'm new on these forums, some people may know me already from SilviaWA but for those that don't... hello!

I'm sorry if this has been covered before, I tried a search but only came up with NSW info.

I'm looking at selling my beloved S13 and moving into an R34, the car I'm looking at buying has a carbon fibre bonnet. I'm aware ADR allows for cars built prior to 1996 to have fibreglass or carbon fibre bonnets but I was just wondering how many people have gotten away with having one?

Cheers

Woody

Edited by [ANGRY13]

Hi Woody - i think you live across the road from me :)

P.s. I'd only worry about it if you get a yellow sticker for it - then just swap it out :)

Hey, yep I do >_< I'm sharing a townhouse with Clint aka CCEG.

I was considering doing that but I've had enough when it comes to yellow stickers to be honest haha. Whether I like it or not I may just have to test my luck.

...well now you do >_<

if you really want one, paint it the same colour as the car, or buy a black R34.

if he was going to do that then he probably would buy a fibre glass bonnet.... :)

just do it, its not something that gets overly picked on i dont think,

p.s. your s13 is hot :)

u'll definately get done by the popos

i wanted to get a cf bonnet b4 but ma frd told me that they dont' allow coz it's too dangerous in an accident or sumthin so i rang and asked the guy at the pits if they were legal n if u get permits n he said they are illegal =(

shame woulda loved a cf bonnet:P

quick Questiooon..so if u own a car pre 1996... you can put a carbon hood on it?! or must it come factory with carbon/fibreglass?

CHEERS >_<

Nash it doesn't quite work like that... It’s not actually a written rule but moreso a technicality, and I got it wrong by a year… Apparantly under ADR 069 vehicles weren’t crash tested until 06/1995 so only cars that were manufactured after 06/1995 are required to comply. So any car built before that date can get away with having fibreglass/carbon fibre panels, some people I know have permits for their bonnets. Obviously this doesn't mean your insurance company or angry police officer will agree.

Nash it doesn't quite work like that... It's not actually a written rule but moreso a technicality, and I got it wrong by a year… Apparantly under ADR 069 vehicles weren't crash tested until 06/1995 so only cars that were manufactured after 06/1995 are required to comply. So any car built before that date can get away with having fibreglass/carbon fibre panels, some people I know have permits for their bonnets. Obviously this doesn't mean your insurance company or angry police officer will agree.

Pretty siked i got a 94 atm! haha. good thing a angry police man can't tear up a laminated permit eh. haha

if its not gna be for your cf bonnet itl be for your rims being to wide or tires being diffrent widths front and rear(been done for this). you dont modify a car to keep it with in the law otherwise they all be stock. just keep your factory bonnet and swap it over when you get a yellow.basically if they wana be c@nts they give you a yellow for anything.

Pretty siked i got a 94 atm! haha. good thing a angry police man can't tear up a laminated permit eh. haha

can still give you a yellow sticker, regardless of permits. :domokun:

a yellow sticker is given when they have reason to believe your car is unroadworthy, regardless of it is or not.