SAU Community

Turbo Setup For Track Car

azzr32

yeah. unless you are running 12 inch slicks and have spent ALOT of money on a propper suspension setup a limmit of 280-310rwkw is the limmit. unless you are ari vartanen :)

honestly i think your better off aiming at the lower end of that. get used to how it behaves then turn the wick up. so yeah a twin lowmount setup is best. they dont come onto full boost as violently.

LOL... I'm on a Skyline forum so I have got into the habit of not mentioning that I have a.... VL Wagon (said very quietly out of the corner of his mouth while looking furtively over his left shoulder!!!!)

And Ari Vartanen has nothing on me!!! One of my favorite drivers of all time, they even say that his balls are that big he has to carry them in a wheelbarrow....!!

I have owened two cars in the past capable of putting 500+hp on the road. A stove hot SBC in a LX Torana that was a huge amount of fun and a HX ute with a BBC that had less traction than you can ever imagine...

This time round I want to try a turbo combo with similar power in a better prepared car...

I must admit, having spent the last couple of months on a bunch of Skyline forums researching this combo, that I have thought about putting a milder (read cheaper) combo into the VL and finding a GTR/GTS-4 for this sort of power. R32 GTRs can no longer be registered here so they are worth parts value only, around 10k for a nice one. My boy and I have owned two R32 GTS-Ts in the last three years and they are a superb little package... He's moving back home from Sydney at the end of the year so I'll continue with my plans till then...

I still feel that this power level is ok in a capable 2wd...

I think it was Peter Brock who said "Always bite off more than you can chew, and then chew like crazy..."

Cheers

with the previous power the setup i have was perfect it was quick in and out of corners and stuck to the ground, your saying to aim for lower power but 300kw aint much less then what im chasing, im running 10inch slick on 18s so traction isnt a problem( well it wasnt, it will be once new motor is in) i dont have loads of money but im not going half arse and skipping corners, if it takes another 6months to spend the money and get a better suspension setup ill do it, but i dont really wanna go soft on the motor just cause my setup wont handle it or i might not, ill have to learn quick, but in saying that ive done are fair few track days ls2 days open days etc and a couple of super sprints so i do have a bit of no-how!

thanks TO4GTR thats the kind of ball park im looking at achieving and cheers guys for the feed back.