SAU Community

M35 Info

Brazen

You could probably re-direct that comment to those that have said it is relatively quiet (bar the blitz NUR) on this forum.... maybe they're wrong? I disagree with you on looks though ... the standard has two tips and so does the legalis... now when you consider most rival tips looks like cannons then I'd certainly assert it does look close to stock in comparison.

Yeah, when you give it some, the thing is loud. The nismo I have is pretty much the same. It's not near stock. At low revs, it actually does a good job at keeping things kinda quiet.If you really want an exhaust that is stock quiet and flows, then it's going to be custom.

Yeah, when you give it some, the thing is loud. The nismo I have is pretty much the same. It's not near stock. At low revs, it actually does a good job at keeping things kinda quiet.If you really want an exhaust that is stock quiet and flows, then it's going to be custom.

I don't know what I did above ^^^ (how do you delete a post).

I thought (again from what i've read on here) custom exhaust weren't as quiet as some branded exhaust. If not, i'll just do that, they're cheaper as well eh?

Well, all depends on what you say you want. If you ask of a 1.5inch spaghetti mess, they will give it to you.

Ask for a quiet flowing exhaust with stock noise, and it might cost a bit more, but they will make one.

You in Sydney? You can have my 350z mid pipe that flows a heap better for $80. Larger diameter and just a resonator, instead of that massive muffler.

For pic see

Here

Edited by PN-Mad

I don't know what I did above ^^^ (how do you delete a post).

I thought (again from what i've read on here) custom exhaust weren't as quiet as some branded exhaust. If not, i'll just do that, they're cheaper as well eh?

It's all down to what you ask for and where you take it.

I have a custom AM Performance exhaust. It was a development version, so it was too loud to start with, but it has now been fixed up and is pretty much to my liking. Andrew at AM will sell you an exhaust to whatever volume you'd like. You want a crazy loud one, he will oblige. Quiet? He will oblige.

Mine is reasonably loud when you put the boot in, but doesn't drone on long trips. It also looks sex with twin 3" titanium tiips. Everyone who sees them, loves them. Mmm... titanium...

lol the blitz NuR is quiet.. i got one and you can hardly hear the dam thing.

Mine was like that. Wait a 1000 kms or so & it'll get louder; or more noticeably the note gets deeper.

You could probably re-direct that comment to those that have said it is relatively quiet (bar the blitz NUR) on this forum.... maybe they're wrong? I disagree with you on looks though ... the standard has two tips and so does the legalis... now when you consider most rival tips looks like cannons then I'd certainly assert it does look close to stock in comparison.

Relative to what though?

I owned a Legalis for a couple of years up until last year where it went on Scott's car and the Nismo (same as on Alex's PNM35) went on mine.

Regarding looks, I like both of them, but as you can see in my sig, definitely not stock looking.

Custom exhaust depends on the competence of the maker I guess.

I understand a lot of them come over with only one key .... what did you guys do getting another one? just got another cut ?

Invest in a good alarm & 3 point immobiliser, and get some more keys cut. The blank key (with no buttons) has the part number H0564-AU000, search for it on ebay and you'll find some for around $30 delivered; personally I think thats the easiest option :thumbsup:

Mine was like that. Wait a 1000 kms or so & it'll get louder; or more noticeably the note gets deeper.

ive had mine for around 15-20,000 now. still quiet... but i havent got a dump yet...

ive had mine for around 15-20,000 now. still quiet... but i havent got a dump yet...

Hmm this might be a go'er if the Legalis is loud. I know a dump improves performance significantly (and i'm doing that) but does a cat-back in these cars do much on top of the dump?

Any recommendations for an air filter or is a K&N from autobarn or supercheap good enough.

Upon importation, did most of you get it serviced straight up? Compliance don't do anything along those lines do they?

Hmm this might be a go'er if the Legalis is loud. I know a dump improves performance significantly (and i'm doing that) but does a cat-back in these cars do much on top of the dump?

Any recommendations for an air filter or is a K&N from autobarn or supercheap good enough.

Upon importation, did most of you get it serviced straight up? Compliance don't do anything along those lines do they?

I recommend not getting a pod, but instead using the factory air box, getting a K&N filter or the like, and getting the 'power duct' genuine nissan attachment (part number is somewhere on here)

It's cheaper than a pod and performs just as good if not better and you retain your cold air intake. It also seals to the top of the bonnet too!

I actually got mine serviced after compliance, because the compliance workshop didn't change the fluids. (Idiots)

The key with these things is to change the oil and filter often as per the typical turbo oil replacement schedule.

Luckily with mine the service history was good, so it didn't really need it, but better safe than sorry.

Dump should be number 1 priority, for both performance, economy & increasing turbo life. A cat-back does help significantly & you will see what we mean when you look at the factory mufflers, especially the HUGE one in the middle of the car. Weight saving along is worth the upgrade, lol. After that, the mid (front?) pipe can be changed for one with a hi-flow cat & there will be more (but lesser) gains. If you do this, get an exhaust bung for wideband sensor welded in at the same time.

Stick with any off the shelf filter in the factory airbox as suggested above. IMO if you notice a performance gain just by choosing one filter over another, it's purely placebo.

What brakes you guys using? I need front brakes to be replaced and would like to purchase Bendix heavy duty, anyone knows the part number?

I am driving an ARX

Also - a V35 coilovers will fit an ARX?

QFM pads are pretty popular around here. I've got HPX pads and no complaints. They're cheap, you can get them through GSL Rallysport, who are a forum sponsor.

AFAIK V35 coilovers will not fit an ARX. I think the rears are different? Plus you'd dump it. What's wrong with BCs?

Just ring GSL Rallysport - I think I had to wait a WHOLE DAY and Greg knows what fits anyway, you'll pretty much just have to tell him you want pads for a M35 Stagea.

As Cam says, they're 350Z Touring, and that's all over the site if you have a search :google:

Oh and the shocks, BC BRs are not universal. No shocks are. I think the fronts would be fine, rears would be different maybe? If they're your sisters just try fitting them and see!