SAU Community

Coupe Exhausts In Sydney

NISMO

Hey guys,

Anyone know where I can get an exhaust in Sydney, that's already here, without having to get it shipped from Japan/USA?

The ones I know of are

JustJap - Kakimoto

Powerplay - 5Zigen

Ebay - Apexi

Anything else? I really want to put one on ASAP, in the next day or so.

Cheers

Bobby

hitech in melbourne can ship up to you for about $1300, and according to the folks over at my350z it sounds mean..

Waz, are they the same as Hi-tech in sydney?

I was quoted yesetrday, $1925 installed with Y pipe. (doesn't include fit for V35)

And is that for the 350Z, cause i ranga round as well, and am looking at around $300 install to get it to fit the V35. That's for extension after the Y pipe, plus possible extension of the tips if needed.

yeah hey might be syndey, sorry

i emailed tham about a cat-back option. they said that it was fit for the V35 (not 350z) and was like $1300ish delivered to brisbane (not including installation)

i liked them because all reviews said the exhaust was very quiet at idle but awesome at WOT, plus looks stock from the back...

i have still yet to go aftermarket yet though, am liking the stock sound (or lack of)

yeah hey might be syndey, sorry

i emailed tham about a cat-back option. they said that it was fit for the V35 (not 350z) and was like $1300ish delivered to brisbane (not including installation)

i liked them because all reviews said the exhaust was very quiet at idle but awesome at WOT, plus looks stock from the back...

i have still yet to go aftermarket yet though, am liking the stock sound (or lack of)

agreed about the stock sound. Like it heaps but want it louder. I'm not looking for anything like the HKS Hi Power ( which i was interetsed in, in the past). I'm waiting to hear back on a 350z NISMO exhaust from the US, which is the best sounding for me so far, and looks to be around $1400 USD delivered, and includes Y pipe.

i personally think hitech given the info i read

i have heard conflicting information about how loud the nismo item is, some saying very loud, some saying not so loud..

Yeah still unsure. But if i can get the NISMO landed around the $1400 mark, then i think I'll go with it.

Just to let you know as well, the HiTech is not specific for the CPV35. It's a 350Z exhaust that needs a 6 inch extension added, after the Y pipe. Exactly what I'll need to do to the NISMO exhaust if I go with it.

I've got a HiTech on my 350Z, and I love it.

The exhausts for NA cars shouldn't be true dual (most people notice a loss in midrange, and the peak power is almost equal).

The HiTech looks almost stock (you'd have to know the car to pick the difference), and it sounds stock up until 3000RPM where it gets a slightly louder and more angry / metallic note, while still being noise legal. It gives the car the sound it should have had from the factory.

I've got a HiTech on my 350Z, and I love it.

The exhausts for NA cars shouldn't be true dual (most people notice a loss in midrange, and the peak power is almost equal).

The HiTech looks almost stock (you'd have to know the car to pick the difference), and it sounds stock up until 3000RPM where it gets a slightly louder and more angry / metallic note, while still being noise legal. It gives the car the sound it should have had from the factory.

Thanks Scathing.

What's the quality like? I've heard that the rear muffler for example turns an ugly brown over time. Is this happening to yours?

Any other issues?

Powerplay have a 5Zigen V35 exhaust in stock which I'm considering. There's a sound clip of a 5Zigen on G35turbo.com but no idea if it's the same one.

I don't want a civic sounding exhaust if you knwo what i mean.

The NISMO I can get delivered for around $1650, but add the cost of customising it for the V35 and it get's closer to $2000.

Cheers

Bobby

Yeah, its not going to stay beautiful for long. It discolours pretty easily. My constant track work and skidpanning probably hasn't helped, since I don't do anything to clean them.

When I wash the car I'll hose them down, but I don't suds them with a sponge or do anything special to the chrome. Mine looks pretty ratty, but it also makes it look stock. The rear muffler is also relatively small (its about 1/2 to 2/3 the volume of the stocker) so its really hard to see under the bar. It doesn't look shiny though. I don't have any shots of the lower part of the rear bar, so there's nothing I can post. :down:

This photo was taken back in 2004 (about 5 months after it was installed) and you can see that filthy strip running down the middle and on the pipework, that clearly wasn't there when I installed it.

I can only assume that the entire rear tank is now that ugly shade, but my car's so low you can't see it anyway (it actually tucks into the bar, so its near impossible to see unless you're lying on the ground).

Aside from that, the exhaust hasn't missed a beat. It still sounds good, and its only started to have issues since I've been banging it on ripple strips as I've fallen off race tracks. I've got an exhaust leak somewhere (can't tell if its the catback, or what) but that was after I banged the undercarriage as I've slid off a race track and the rear wheels have dropped onto the dirt, which of course isn't level with the sealed stuff.

Edited by scathing

Yeah, its not going to stay beautiful for long. It discolours pretty easily. My constant track work and skidpanning probably hasn't helped, since I don't do anything to clean them.

When I wash the car I'll hose them down, but I don't suds them with a sponge or do anything special to the chrome. Mine looks pretty ratty, but it also makes it look stock. The rear muffler is also relatively small (its about 1/2 to 2/3 the volume of the stocker) so its really hard to see under the bar. It doesn't look shiny though. I don't have any shots of the lower part of the rear bar, so there's nothing I can post. :(

This photo was taken back in 2004 (about 5 months after it was installed) and you can see that filthy strip running down the middle and on the pipework, that clearly wasn't there when I installed it.

I can only assume that the entire rear tank is now that ugly shade, but my car's so low you can't see it anyway (it actually tucks into the bar, so its near impossible to see unless you're lying on the ground).

Aside from that, the exhaust hasn't missed a beat. It still sounds good, and its only started to have issues since I've been banging it on ripple strips as I've fallen off race tracks. I've got an exhaust leak somewhere (can't tell if its the catback, or what) but that was after I banged the undercarriage as I've slid off a race track and the rear wheels have dropped onto the dirt, which of course isn't level with the sealed stuff.

Is there a massive difference between the Hitech and the fuji?

I've heard both on clips but would be a bit diff in real life. I'm currently in "negotiations" :-) with Eugene on 350z-tech to take his Fuji off his hands. Just trying to convince him to pull it off his car today. :-)

Thanks

Is there a massive difference between the Hitech and the fuji?

In terms of finish quality, its chalk and cheese. I'm pretty sure mxfly's Fuji catback is still relatively shiny, and its been on the car for longer than I've had mine. The build quality is also nicer, with nicer welds.

Noise-wise, to be honest I prefer the sound of the HiTech...but that is a very personal choice. The HiTech (by itself) has a much lower-pitched rumble that suits the "muscle car" feel of the Z33 / V35. The Fuji gives the car a more breathier, higher pitched, shriek that sounds more racecar-ish.

That said, now that I've put on the extractors and high-flow cats my engine's gotten a lot raspier and with a higher-toned note. I really miss my old rumble when I'm driving through the midrange, but I really like how the car screams in the top end now.

Power-wise, there's stuff-all difference between any of the exhausts. I've seen quite a few Z33 dyno graphs with just catbacks, as well as manufacturer claims, and there's "dyno error" between them. When I had my HiTech and Unichip only car up on the dyno with a mate who had a APS True Dual & Unichip equipped Z33, there was about half a rwkW between us in his favour. I don't think mxfly has dyno'ed his car, but he's not running aftermarket management yet but does have more pipework.

scathing: did you notice any power increase with the hitech cat-back?

Yeah, it pulled harder in the upper midrange. With just the catback it still won't want to rev to redline like a Honda engine, but I found that I was short shifting at 6000RPM instead of 5500RPM. I pulled 167rwkW on the CRD dyno with just the catback. I never baselined it, but the stock Z's on Dyno Dynamics dynos were pulling in the mid-150rwkW range.

With the car now, I can rev it all the way to 7000RPM, and I did ask CRD to richen the it between 7000 and 7200RPM to act as a soft limiter. They said that it stopped flowing power past there anyway, which is probably the limits of the lower runners (I'm using the MREV2, which flows better than stock but not as well in the top end as the 221kW version ones).

Mate go to liverpool Exhaust.........they will get the job done and whenever something is wrong u go back and they fix it

Yep, I'm going there for the install, and the mods needed to get the 350z exhaust to fit the V35. I got them to do the cooler piping on my 33 and was very happy with the work.

I'd get them to do the whole thing but am worried about not gettin the sound right.

At the end of the day, my car is not a race/track car and like scathing said, most exhaust will net the same/similar gains. So sound is what matters more to me as it has to be something suttle but racy and something i can live with as a daily driver. And no matter what, it's not aloud to sound like an integra with a 20 inch exhaust and 4o inch cannon :laughing-smiley-014:

At the end of the day, my car is not a race/track car and like scathing said, most exhaust will net the same/similar gains. So sound is what matters more to me as it has to be something suttle but racy and something i can live with as a daily driver.

The Fuji and the HiTech both sound practically stock until 3000RPM. Since you can drive our cars below that arond town, its only louder if and when you want it louder.

The other thing I'm considering at the moment is a bypass valve for the rear muffler. The flange for the rear tank is just behind the axle, so I was considering welding one of those Y pipe butterfly valve things into it, and connecting the valved end to the tip on that side of the car. At the flick of a switch I can get my exhaust to only have the cats and mid muffler for sound deadening. :)

Just need to find the bits, and the time. :blink:

Between 1900-2200RPM the HiTech does drone (pretty sure the Fuji doesn't, but I didn't really test it). Its not as loud or bad as most JDM exhausts when you say the word "drone" (the Buddy Club catback for the Z33 is horrifically grating when it drones) but, given how quiet the car is, it does stand out. Most of the guys in Silvias and Skylines I've taken and pointed out the drone thought it was a non-event.

The biggest problem, of course, is that the above rev range is 6th gear at 60km/hr :). If you're doing about 70km/hr you're fine, but if you're doing the speed limit it gets a reverberation every time you touch the throttle.

I haven't noticed any drone since I installed the extractors and cats, but then I could just be so used to it that I don't notice it anymore.