SAU Community

Pov Pack Ps3 Released Next Week

inark

11th of October...

Cant remember all the details... just remember hearing 2 USB ports instead of 4... ooooooo.... and 40GB HDD.... whoopie, theyre a 2.5inch laptop HDD anyway so you can simply replace it with a much bigger one.

Kralster, your in the know... can ya shed more light on the details?

I wont be getting one tho until GTA4, GT5 and MGS are released..

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh here it is...

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2007/10/australi..._price_and.html

also missing the card reader... big whoop.

looks like they listened to people complaining about it having shit on it that they dont need or want and thus not justifying the price.

lol fair enough

so its obviously true!!! or at least close enough to be labelled reasonably possibly within the realms of being 100% maybe true or not to say false.

:thumbsup:

sweet.

Price Japan has the 20GB japanese PS3 at $620 delivered, and the 60gb at 720 delivered

http://pricejapan.com/front/e_good_info.ph...amp;category=13

They go at yahoo auctions (secondhand) for about $380 + shipping. Lookin at gettin one for myself later in the year.

I'd just buy a base model, upgrade the SATA HDD and crack the firmware on it to allow all regions etc.

Also keep in mind one of the most common ways to exploit the PS3 is by using the memory card slot to read exploits off a memorystick. if this 40gb unit removes that then its kinda useless.

Well here is the official link...

http://www.playstation.com.au/news/newplay...XZCFE4LXBC5GIV0

As the link says (im pretty sure) That model is confirmed for NZ as well so no need to worry!

I bought mine Wednesday just been and im happy i got it with the extra features! The 60GB HDD is well over half full already!

But its good to see that a price drop is finally here! $300 drop is a big drop!

Edited by MADGT4

• 2 weeks later...

IMO it's a crap decision that sony has made. I now see even more reasons not to buy a ps3. With this new deal you can play ps3 games and movies. Features that at this moment (espicially gaming) are under utlized. Most games on ps3 are substandard at the moment.

Yet they have taken out backwards compatibility for ps2 games, which is the only thing stopping me buying a import ps3. Ps2 games look freaking sweet using the upscaling with the 60 gig ps3, God of war 2 is amazing in 1080 and now they have taken it out, stupid stupid move, they haven't made it a better dead they've made it a worse deal that costs less. 500 dollars is what this package is worth no more.

And by removing the card reader they have destroyed their credibility by always stating that the ps3 is not just a game console, it's a complete media solution. Well it isn't now.

You all know that i have not been a huge fan of the ps3, but i have always said it has the potentinal and that i believe it will be the best console in years to come. But i now think sony have made far too many mistakes, and am now unable to recover the ground they have lost to nintendo and microsoft.

IMO it's a crap decision that sony has made. I now see even more reasons not to buy a ps3. With this new deal you can play ps3 games and movies. Features that at this moment (espicially gaming) are under utlized. Most games on ps3 are substandard at the moment.

Yet they have taken out backwards compatibility for ps2 games, which is the only thing stopping me buying a import ps3. Ps2 games look freaking sweet using the upscaling with the 60 gig ps3, God of war 2 is amazing in 1080 and now they have taken it out, stupid stupid move, they haven't made it a better dead they've made it a worse deal that costs less. 500 dollars is what this package is worth no more.

And by removing the card reader they have destroyed their credibility by always stating that the ps3 is not just a game console, it's a complete media solution. Well it isn't now.

You all know that i have not been a huge fan of the ps3, but i have always said it has the potentinal and that i believe it will be the best console in years to come. But i now think sony have made far too many mistakes, and am now unable to recover the ground they have lost to nintendo and microsoft.

the ps3 is still a media station you are able to stream off ur pc to ur ps3 to watch videos etc, you just need a wireless connection. Also im pretty sure they added the backwards compatibility in the software update

they've also announced that the 60gb version will be phased out... something tells me they over allowed features in the PS3 pricing themselves out of the game, and opening too many avenues to be hacked/exploited.

It's only overpriced in australia, europe, new zeland, etc, etc.

Look at the prices on ebay and you can see we are getting screwed by sony.

60gig model has been out of stock for almost two months now as well. All stock still on shelves would of been from over 2 months ago, so obivously they are phasing it out for the crappy 40 gig model.

And to the above poster so what if you can stream media from a pc? what if you want to plug your sd card in and view the photos? Thats a feature sony promised us about 18 months ago and now they aren't deliverying on that promise. The console we were told we would have we no longer have. Heck our console was raped from the beginning with the removal of the EE and GS.

crap, I better go buy a 60gb then.

do I want card reader? yes I do

do I want PS2 compat? yes I do

do I want bigger HD? yes I do

so fk the basic one, I'd rather pay the extra for the 60gb.

meh when i know more about how to hack it i will just order a second hand one from the US... $500 or less delivered at the moment was around the best price i could find... theres the odd one thats cheaper