SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

one of these turned up today!

http://www.radiogearpro.com/main/product_i...ebad7423f80a703

its a 5 watt handheld UHF,i bought it from ebay, originally its only ment to operate from 400 - 470 MHZ of course this is of no use to me here, aus CB is from 467ish - 477.400 MHZ so a change here and there internally has now unlocked the radio to be able to work from about 130 MHZ - 520 MHZ.

Overall the unit is very small for its features and has a nice solid feel to it,has a good backlit screen too,considering the unit only costs $90 incl shipping its a great buy. its made my day so far :ninja:

I just got a letter in the mail from Shannon's Insurance about a competition they are doing. Head over to here to sign up, and more details....on the same day i take out a policy too :ninja: , if only i waited a few more hours to get that letter first.

Changing pumps in my Stagea. Does anyone know exactly what this "valve" purpose is? It looks to be 'incomplete' or damaged?

Pic:

post-48775-1250072202_thumb.jpg

Okay, the pic is a bit blurry, but its the best I can do this time of night.

Its right off the pump. I'm now fitting a Bosch pump and need to know if I can just get rid of this "valve"?

Anyone? :ninja:

one of these turned up today!

http://www.radiogearpro.com/main/product_i...ebad7423f80a703

its a 5 watt handheld UHF,i bought it from ebay, originally its only ment to operate from 400 - 470 MHZ of course this is of no use to me here, aus CB is from 467ish - 477.400 MHZ so a change here and there internally has now unlocked the radio to be able to work from about 130 MHZ - 520 MHZ.

Overall the unit is very small for its features and has a nice solid feel to it,has a good backlit screen too,considering the unit only costs $90 incl shipping its a great buy. its made my day so far :ninja:

have fun listening at truckies swearing...

I just got a letter in the mail from Shannon's Insurance about a competition they are doing. Head over to here to sign up, and more details....on the same day i take out a policy too :ninja: , if only i waited a few more hours to get that letter first.

LOL would you believe we did the same thing?!? Yesterday we took out a new policy at Shannons, today got that letter!

have fun listening at truckies swearing...

If thats all i was going to use this unit for i already had other cheapie .5watt ones around that i could use....

The new one was bought for its higher power output, extra features and its ability to transmit and recieve on comercial frequencies.

Edited by Jack88

If your around regency park, you may still be able to listen to some whack job swearing and going off his nut on the radio. When i was at tafe, a mate (who is on these forums), had a cb radio in his car, and we listed to the guy going off his nut.

Well we just got home from David Copperfield at the Entertainment Centre - WOW what a show! Not sure it was worth $300 for our seats, but was pretty awesome nontheless!

And then off to Hale and Pace at the Festival Theatre tomorrow night .... lucky me!

how far down south do you live Daniel and how soon do you need it on the road?

Me or Matty could tow it up for you possibly.

if i had a winch on my trailer we'd be right..........but i dont :) and i dont hav my winch on the car yet (or a front towbar point for that fact)

hey Matty, I was actually thinking of just pulling him up the driveway with a snatch strap (or tree trunk protector) connected to a tow hook on my truck.

I'm hoping this place he's going to is just around the corner though.

Well we just got home from David Copperfield at the Entertainment Centre - WOW what a show! Not sure it was worth $300 for our seats, but was pretty awesome nontheless!

And then off to Hale and Pace at the Festival Theatre tomorrow night .... lucky me!

$300? wow, i hope you were close to the front for that!

Got pics/specs dude?

No pics tonight but will get some tomorrow... as for the specs, twin pipes all the way to the cat, custom made by Andrew at AM Performance, can't recommend him enough!