SAU Community

Track day?

Guest skyhi

Guest skyhi

Hey all, i am a new member... and i was just wondering if you guys ever have track days at Mallala? Or even a dyno day sounds fun :D Would appreciate if anyone has any info.

Dyno days are frequent enough. There has been a few run by SVD at Tilbrooks Auto n Dyno n possibly a couple at RPM Performance Centre.. could be wrong.

As for track days I haven't heard of one yet...But i kno for $40 or somethin you can go out 2 mallala on an open day for a blast around which'd be a pretty good thrill

Guest skyhi

Hmmm, interesting... cheers for that. Yeah i wouldnt mind having a crack @ mallala, or just anywhere with a bit of run off area so you can have a decent go. So $40 aint bad... proly need a helmet & and harnesses or something i guess. Hey Timmaaay (or anyone) is there a place where u can advertise cars for sale on this or maybe SDU website?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it is fun at mallala , Munro and i went out there 1 time, He had his old holden ute at that stage with the 308-350 stroker. I remember his wheels getting so hot all his Centerline caps fell off. I ven took my GTR for a spin in its Drag configuration and managed to get 190kph down the back straight 4.56 diff gears at over 7000rpm was so much fun. Mind u i stuffed my engine and scorched all my bearings but was so worth it :] That little thing of mine hoots around there even with wrong suspension. Full drifts coming out corners etc. Only cost 50 bucks for the day back then. Recomend it to anyone. Great skill driver training as well :]

Just dont do yoo many laps in 1 hit as its realy bad on car wear and generaly got very hot eng, gearbox temps quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been testing the Gtech pro with a mate and the result is fairly accurate. The run can also be saved and downloaded onto a laptop for analysis. We should have this organise soon.

May be we should have random weight days at some weight bridge before the mallala day. We can then do a mallala day with 3/4 days of track and 1/4 day of drag strip performance :)

Does anyone have access to a weight bridge?

Does mallala provide open day on the weekend?

• 2 years later...