SAU Community

Im Going To See The Gtr This Sundy!

m3gtr

Hey all,

I just got home. What an event! The whole show was fantastic. Top quality displays, great cars and beautiful women...

I managed to get into a special area and talked to a gearbox engineer for nissan and he confirmed what many have been debating...

There will NOT be a clutch pedal in ANY of the GTR's. Period.

He said the GTR didnt need it. He was instrumental in the development of the DSG box and says its better than a manual will ever be. he also said that with the paddles it will be like a manual but i think he missed my point or he was keen to evade further questions. He was sweating a lot so i eased up on him.

I can also confirm that Australia is going to be delivered GTR's after america and europe and that deliveries will be made around the middle of 2009.

I managed to get my hans on a folder that detailed the specs and price listings for the current models..

At present the wait for a GTR here in tokyo is 5 to 6 months depending on colour and configuration.

There will be 3 configs. The "standard" ( like theres any such thing as a standard GTR )which will retail here for 7,770,000 yen.

The Premium will retail for 8,347,500 yen and that includes added security, Bose sound system and special race bred Bridgestone tyres.

The Black Edition will retail here for 7,927,500 yen and has special trim that will also have the Bridgies but not the Bose system.

Perhaps the biggest news i got today was that and i can confirm, there WILL be V Spec models. The same engineer told me that Nissan will introduce a new model to the range EVERY year. So expect to see V spec, Vspec 2 etc coming to a showroom near you.

The GTR's that you see available now are just the tip of the iceberg.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, by the way.

Ive lined up a test drive next month. :sorcerer: :sorcerer:

I think ill be the first member of SAU to test drive one. Full report to follow.

Can we get some scans of the folder?

sure. Give me a minute.

what scans do you want exactly?

Edited by m3gtr

haha, that is all great info mate, but sadly about 4 days behind the rest :O

really? The why the discussion about the gearbox dear baron?

think he meant on the announcement of V Specs... good to see a solid confirmation on gearboxes. I really don't get this "I can't drive my car on the track with a DSG" bullshit... Rally, GT and F1 drivers have been paddle shifting for a while now and they seem to be doin just fine.

as for scans... all of it :O if its not asking too much of your time. no such thing as too much info. if its in japanese, a high res scan will make it easier to translate.

The V spec range is happening but he told me there will NOT be manuals in the range. Period.

Again, there will not be a clutch pedal. He told me the car DOES NOT need it.

I dont know why people keep on about it.

Anyway, if you feel that strongly then vote with your feet and wallet. Petition Nissan to bring in a manual.

Yeah, what you said is correct... there's a new website which outlined all this...

http://www.r35gtr.com/

One question, I must ask you as you were there personally.... I must get this out of my system... is this the R35 next Skyline or it is just a GT-R?? Please confirm... did the Skyline legacy truthfully end with the R34?

Yeah, what you said is correct... there's a new website which outlined all this...

http://www.r35gtr.com/

One question, I must ask you as you were there personally.... I must get this out of my system... is this the R35 next Skyline or it is just a GT-R?? Please confirm... did the Skyline legacy truthfully end with the R34?

Yes it did. But no it didnt.

The GTR was race bred using the skyline chassis and name but has in itself become its own identity.

This R35 bears no resemblance to its predecessors apart from its heritage, namesake and engineering wise.

Nissan has taken the icon - GTR - and made a car out of it.

All the previous gens were crafted out of cars that already existed.

So on that level the "skyline" GTR has ceased to exist...

only in name but!

think he meant on the announcement of V Specs... good to see a solid confirmation on gearboxes. I really don't get this "I can't drive my car on the track with a DSG" bullshit... Rally, GT and F1 drivers have been paddle shifting for a while now and they seem to be doin just fine.

as for scans... all of it :O if its not asking too much of your time. no such thing as too much info. if its in japanese, a high res scan will make it easier to translate.

yah, NP. As long as you get rid of that stupid 10% warn thing on my profile...

But , not tonight. I have 1000 photos to go through and lesson plans to make for tomorrow.

haha, that is all great info mate, but sadly about 4 days behind the rest :)

hahah, thats right. :)

sadly, you'll be about 2 years behind me when it comes to driving one. :O

yes i did! They had two different types. Both extremely nice. Strange but..why two different body shapes? They had the sedan next to the coupe but they looked different and it wasnt just two doors.

you should see it. Pure horn.

I saw a few pics of it on smh.com.au a while ago, looked like the ass of a normal 318. suffice to say, I was not pleased when I saw it....but hey, it still kicks ass. I guess now the family can get in on the exclusivity of the M3.

I'm still sad over the no manual gbox thing...............I'm an old school driver, if I ever drive the gtr in 10 years time, it gonna feel like playing arcade game.

tell me you took pics of the cut out one. i cant find any in a good res

oh ive got some beauties, dont you worry.

more on that later. I think i spent half an hour shooting the cut out...

sorry guys, im between work and posting so i dont have time for photos but i promise ill get on it as soon as i can...like tomorrow soon!