SAU Community

Guard Rolling/flaring

BIGDADDY1

needs more flush dave. Looks kind of mexicana atm.

still yet to finish it, and fitment doesn't necessarily mean covering the whole thing. i like lip of guard on the top edge of the tire sidewall.

1229889903.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ive got one that looks the same as the burson one. i think i picked it up for 150 a couple of years ago. the rear nylon nut did wind off but that's only because i went hard out on it. it was a simple fix of don't be retarded and don't wind so much pressure on it all at once. it has worked for 2 other people who i've lent it to. no complaints

i wouldn't go and buy the expensive one unless you were a shop.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i got one i think a paid around 200 for it

its made by a company that has the word "trade" in it, they should be able to look it up in the book and order it in

i found it to be an ok roller but, i improved it and now it never breaks on me

the cylindrical shaped block that the thread screws through sometimes slips out of the rectangular tube that it sits in as the cylinder isnt a tight fit, i fixed this by welding 2 washers exactly the same diametre (beleive it or not nissan head stud washers) to each end of the cylinder, and it hasnt slipt out once yet

• 1 month later...
Hey guys, need help on guard rolling. I have just put a new front end on my car and the front guards need to be lip rolled and slightly flared. The reason why is the wheels have spacers front and back and dont want it to scrub.

Can i buy a tool that will do both of these? or when you roll the lip it flares the guard anyway???

If the tool is only 200 bucks or so, i will buy one and do it myself

I can do all steel fabrication,custom piping,tig welding and want to learn to do guard rolling! can anyone

help me out with this???, Thanks

Hello friend ,

Have you heard of Barts guard ?

Just now i came to know that barts guard come to your place and do each guard for something like $50 per arch.....

You can even consult them about buying which tool and for what price !!

• 2 weeks later...