SAU Community

Rb26dett Vs Vr3.8tt ?!

bkc

Totally agree Baz.

Titanium pistons, forged rods/crank...it was set up to be boosted :D

Watch the aftermarket scene take the new engine to town. Nissan had big expectations to fulfill but I think they did it (at least with the engine anyway) ... Nobody foresaw the weight gain though.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Nürburgring (Nordschleife)

7:40 - Bugatti Veyron 16/4, 1001PS/1888 kg (Wheels magazine Australia, 12/05)

No-one's run an official time around the Nordschleife in a Veyron. Bugatti undoubtedly tested there, but no official figures were released by them and I don't think anyone's taken a customer car and given it to a pro driver to set a record.

I just read this thread from start to finish.......................I now feel very multicultural...............almost like I've been on holidays overseas - but I'm sure it can't last.

And the thread = pointless, sort of like comparing a speedwell to a malvern star, who cares!!!

I just read this thread from start to finish.......................I now feel very multicultural...............almost like I've been on holidays overseas - but I'm sure it can't last.

And the thread = pointless, sort of like comparing a speedwell to a malvern star, who cares!!!

YOU ARE MEAN RB26DETT WITH SIMPLE AMENDMENT MUCH BETTER FROM VR38DETT

WITH SAME AMENDMENT ALSO ???!!! (( THE BETTER RESULT FOR RB26DETT )) !!!

NOTE: 6 CYLINDERS V ENGINE !!! The engine failed despite the size difference engine(BETWEEN RB & VR !!

The new GTR came for the elderly and women and Ms !! Tabbies not enthusiastic

youth and brutality that must be enjoyed by a sports car!!

Yes ,, NISSAN succeeded in that!! GTR DO NOT will be the same as OLD SCHOOL GTR never!!

Thanks all ... lool :dry:

Edited by bkc

Hello.

RB26DETT ENGINE much better in all cases!! And everyone will know that soon in the coming days shown patience !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks ALL............. :D

m3.jpg

YOU ARE MEAN RB26DETT WITH SIMPLE AMENDMENT MUCH BETTER FROM VR38DETT

WITH SAME AMENDMENT ALSO ???!!! (( THE BETTER RESULT FOR RB26DETT )) !!!

NOTE: 6 CYLINDERS V ENGINE !!! The engine failed despite the size difference engine(BETWEEN RB & VR !!

The new GTR came for the elderly and women and Ms !! Tabbies not enthusiastic

youth and brutality that must be enjoyed by a sports car!!

Yes ,, NISSAN succeeded in that!! GTR DO NOT will be the same as OLD SCHOOL GTR never!!

Thanks all ... lool :dry:

make-it-stop.jpg

RB26DETT ENGINE much better in all cases!!

better?

let's compare a few important points

oiling system - NO

rods - NO

pistons - NO

cam timing - NO

tractability - HELL NO

power/litre - NO

weight - NO

weight distribution - NO

and even

specific fuel consumption and emissions - NO

resoundly beaten in every way that counts....apart from sentimental value...to you

What are the thoughts on the use of plasma coated bores on the new VR38DETT?

Around 1.5mm? thick.

Tear down every 12 months?

Only what I've read......

RB26DETT block, iron, don't need coating or sleeves stock.....(too heavy though)

I will try and treat bkc as if he is serious, it's tough but someone has to do it;

1. 3.8 litres is bigger than 2.6 litre, if you go to 2.8 litres I will go to 4.0 litres No matter what you do I will always have a 1.2 litre advantage. There is no substitute for cubic capacity.

2. Because of the extra capacity I can run bigger turbo/turbos for the same power at lower rpm. This means lower stress levels

3. Or I can run bigger turbo/turbos at the same rpm and make more power.

4. If I choose #2 or #3 I will have a wider power band, that means less gearchanges to get to the same speed.

4. A V6 does not have a harmonic problem like an inline 6, sure you can overcome it partially with a trick harmonic balancer and even over balancing. But at the end of the day the harmonics will beat you. Broken oil pumps on RB26's are a prime example of that.

5. The alloy blcok sheds heat better than the cast iron block, this means higher thermal efficiency. For the same calorific value going in (fuel) it will make more kinetic energy out (horsepower).

6. The effect of #5 is more than just power, it also effects the radiator sizing. You can run a smaller radiator as there is less heat transferred into the water jacket. A smaller radiator means less aerodynamic drag, so for the same power it would be faster (top speed and accelleration).

7. For some people emissions are important, for every horsepower the V35 makes the RB26 would have produced 1.7 times as much polution.

8. The inline 6 has a long run from the water pump to the #6 cylinder, this means temperature differentials along the block. We battle that everytime with high power RB's. The V6 has duel water feed from the pump, so no temperature differential, hence much simpler tuning.

9. The inline 6 length also exacerbates the crank shaft whip, it is long and no matter what you make it out of, it gets some form of whip. And that costs horsepower. Obviously the V6 crank is much shorter and has opposing conrod bearing loads, ie; no whip.

10. The same length issue affect the camshafts, the head is long, has differential heating along it length (refer #8) and hence the cam bearings induce loadings into the rotating camshafts. How many broken RB cams have you seen?

That should do for a start, let's see how the English translater works on that.

Cheers

Gary

Totally agree Baz.

Titanium pistons, forged rods/crank...it was set up to be boosted ;)

Watch the aftermarket scene take the new engine to town. Nissan had big expectations to fulfill but I think they did it (at least with the engine anyway) ... Nobody foresaw the weight gain though.

Best motoring foresaw the weight gain actually in 2004

VR38DETT mass of aluminum cost more light weight!! But if upgrading more problems and a few endurance and easy breakage!!!

There will be the same RB26DETT although Bas defects in the industry!! Especially if the work promotion to the RB26DETT!!

Thanks ALL ....... :P:D

VR38DETT a series VQ + HRVQ with some modification A Result series VR38DETT simply failed engine failure murderer you will see it soon!!

Why are you surprised a lot for the engine failed, in fact??

Thanks ALL ...... !!!!!!!!!!