SAU Community

My R32 stereo setup!

ScarifieR

here gos

ill say how it was installed and what bits stage by stage

deck is a rockford fosgate rfx8220 with triple preout front/rear/sub

all custom thick neotech RCA's ran straight down the middle console to the boot

mbquart DSD216 splits in the doors

made brackets to hold the midbass and placed the tweeter on the plastic bit that hides the wires going to the side mirrors then covered it with cloth (cant see them basically)

mbquart 2 ways in the rear where the factorys went but on top and the "active speaker" grill gone also all speakers had thick neotech cabling down each side of the car

in the boot where the metal wall is from the back seats to the boot was taken out and a MDF cut to size board carpeted was placed in there and 2 kenwood amps mounted on it (749s 4x40rms and 1x250rms 719 monoblock) (12v 4 ohm)

4 guage cable ran from the battery thru a 60 amp fuse all the way to the back seat then split from a distro block to the 2 amps

all wires came from the back seat and individually had there own hole to screw into the amp so its all nice and neat

sub of choice is the JL audio W3 12" DVC in a 1cft round backed box that faces the rear of the car and fits nicely in the driver side corner with the thick neotech sub cable hidden to the terminals

this all resulted in a bloody good sound

i get around 125dB out of it and its very punchy up front

splits r highpassed at 100 and 2ways at 130

sub low passed at 100

the things im gonna do is

take a couple of rattles out in the back parcel shelf

and in the doors and sheet sound deaden them

its suprising that there isnt many rattles

then once the cash cow comes ill get myself 2 rockford amps(a big 4 chan and a bd1000 monoblock and another JL audio sub (prolly sell mine and get 2x dvc 2 ohm subs cause u cant get 2ohm out of 2 dual 4 subs) and run individual boxeson each side

then put the splits from the front in the rear and get some mbquart premiums

there is no way id have any other brand than mbquart for my speakers

and the raw power of rockford cant be beat

and the quality of bass from the jl cant be beat either

but it all depends what u listen to

also i mite change the deck and if so it will be a eclipse

u guys go check out an eclipse deck they r expensive

but bring a cd that wont play in your cd deck cause of scratches

and it will play flawless in a eclipse

600ish for a high volt eclipse with mp3 and triple rca preout

and stop buying main stream brand name products if u want really good sound! (jvc pioneer clarion kenwood alpine (alpines amps high end splits subs and decks r ok tho) u get what u pay for

also check me car out

www.cardomain.com/id/rthirtytwogtst

dude thats one serious set up, but u really shouldnt post that kinda stuff on forums, it like k-mart for prospective car thieves, i would be devistated if someone stole nething outa my car. also be careful, most insurance companies will void ur policy if they find out u have big $$$ audio system as it makes the car hot property for theft.

Just my 2 cents

I love my setup, its cheap as chips and goes sweet as, i think the general size of an r32 really helps sound quality, i desperately need some good front splits, i found that 6.5" are near imposible to fit...the hard way(bought them), good thing they were home brand, i am now thinking in the direction of 4" fusion powerplant fully crossed components for the front.....easy fit no messing around, as for removing the metal out of the back seay, you got more patience than me, i drilled clean into it for my amp lol.....

Guest Green-Ghost

hay i have two solo baric L7 12in kicker subs and a kx 1200w rms mono block. kicker 6 12 in splits in the front and back with a pioneer deh-p 8450 mp3 player i got 151.8 db i have pics too

yeah i like the solo barics for the hard punch and the looks

not too fond of the kicker splits tho

and cereal what do u mean by how do i power it

a monoblock is a single channel amp

if u run subs u have a monoblock its as simple as that

or either a big 2 channel

but mono is better because then 2DVC 4ohm subs can run at 2 ohm

its getting about 250-300wrms and is lovin it

I'm wondering what powers your DVC sub? because it requires 2 channels to be powered correctly.

you have a monoblock amp which is usually meant for a single voice coil sub - hence you cannot power a DVC sub off ONE monoblock amp: you'd need 2 monoblock amps to power a DVC sub (which would absolutely sound awesome.)

ahahah

i can see your a noob and its ok :(

ok now most subs r 4 ohm's

u can get dual 2 ohm subs

and it all depends on how many subs your running to what ohm subs u get

because all car stereo amps r 4 ohm

and 2ohm when bridged

a single DVC 4 ohm will give u 2 types of ohmage when wired different series/parallel

i dont know whats called what

but the combos u can get with a single dvc 4ohm is 2ohm or 8 ohm

2 dvc 4 ohms is 1 or 4 i think

2 dvc 2ohms is 2 or 8

single 2ohm is 1 or 4 i think

now doing what u said

getting a 2 chan amp

then powered both sides

its then basically getting a left and right signal and thats bad

most 2 chan amps have a switch saying stereo or mono

and if u were to use the 2 chan u'd put it mono for both channels

but why when the amps channels will be both running at 4 ohm

then bridging a 2 channel amp for 1 chan makes the amp go 2 ohm and then puting a dvc 4ohm sub on it would pull a .5 ohm load which would blow the amp or it would make it 4ohm that would half the power and basically make that bridging useless

a 2 chan amp bridged with a dvc 2 ohm sub would be good cause u can get the 2ohm load then when wired properly

but whoever told u this is full of shit

lower ohms = more power

my amp is sumthin like 150x1 at 12v 4 ohms

or its 300x1 at 12v at 2 ohms

bass isnt a left right signal

the bass is the same in the left and the right i think

but the monoblock processes all that its got a left right plugin from the subwoofer preout on your deck (if u got a triple preout deck)

www.jlaudio.com

go there and dl the fact sheets for the jl w3

it shows wiring and box specs

just get any pdf on the product page of the w3 sub and it will show u wirings of dvc 2 4 and 6 ohm subs

I'm wondering what powers your DVC sub? because it requires 2 channels to be powered correctly.  

you have a monoblock amp which is usually meant for a single voice coil sub - hence you cannot power a DVC sub off ONE monoblock amp: you'd need 2 monoblock amps to power a DVC sub (which would absolutely sound awesome

Well i guess my dual DVC powered off my single bridged amp should be falling over right about now. Its not, works quite nicely actually - its not even a powerful amp :)

As above (I think), but that guy needs to use formatting 'cause its too much effort to read :(

Anyway, keep reading - you learn lots via reading forums !