SAU Community

Software :)

ill help out.

go to the bank, borrow $4000-5000 more, and see a person on this forum who does the english conversions for V36s

lol ... Iain You are a comedian.

V35 series 2: Latest up date is that I really don't know how far away it is as a few deadlines have passed and don't want to promise someting that I can not deliver.

V36: As I can not give a date for v35 s2 I am reluctant to put any dates out there for v36.

Sorry I can not shed more positive information.

Quick note to those ringing 3-4 times a week on this. V36. if you are BUYING one of these cars BUY IT WITHOUT the navi option. I can BUILD what you want then AND make the AUS navi touch based AND integrate it back into the existing car. forget the dream of english swaps for now.

cost is a mild 4 figure exercise. I will not elaborate on price as its is really a $POA exercise.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to (attempt to) rip out the HDD of my 2008 370GT and clone it to another HDD using a physical 1 to 1 sector by sector copy so I can play with the image without fear of effing up my original unit.

I've found plenty of walkthroughs of removing the head unit etc. Even found a few pictures of the unit pulled out. Haven't found any who've actually gone all the way and pulled out the HDD from the box though.

I'm assuming there are people here who've removed the HDD already, given all the talk about working on language files etc. I've heard from a few people that the drives are locked also.

Anyone got any hot tips they'd like to share for my undertaking? (maybe software used to unlock HDD, approximately where inside the unit the HDD is actually found, etc.)

Pic below of someone elses attempt. They weren't game to go further though by the sounds.

89895d1324253506-g37-radio-audio-deck-unit-hard-drive-change-photo3.jpg

AVIC411.com. start with that for unlocking it.

http://www.hdd-tools.com/products/rrs/

then MFDD . (google that)

then play.

I would also have a software emulator handy and have the code for the SHX4 processor.

thats all I will give - dont ask for more!

no.. you will end up being harassed with phone calls around the world with people wanting a copy for nix..

Can see that happening too... Some people just have no respect.

Would never expect to not pay.

This issue is the ONLY thing that is stopping me buying a late model V36 right now.

Really se no point in buying a car that speaks another language to me and a V35, although very good is still a bit old to buy now for me.

stephen,

and most expect it for nothing. someone on sat night kept sending me text messages upto 9pm asking if I did this. seriously.. don't you have kids and a life to tend to. I do!

Thanks for the great info Chris. Very helpful! Although I didn't quite get the cryptic MFDD search, apart from some gun in Halo. You telling me to go play Halo instead ? :P More than enough info to get cracking though.

I've got no kids and am in a long distance relationship so got a helluva lot of spare time to tinker. Just waiting for the HDD to arrive, then its all systems go.

MHDD - I made a typo.

HDD tools will unlock it BUT if you do not DISABLE the lock it will relock again when you shove it into the machine.

http://hddguru.com/software/2005.10.02-MHDD/

this disables the lock.

not sure of your background but you will need to memory map that thing. the USDM item is different UNLESS you get a later one then the video side of it will more than likely be in the same (or similar) spot.

the rest is up to you :)

Couldn't wait, so pulled out the unit to see if I could get at the HDD. Got foiled early though. After getting it out of the car, went to open it up and found that it had some torque screws which I didn't have the right tools for at thome, so had to give up and put it back in. But everything started back up properly again once it was reconnected. Happy days! Heres the culprit sitting on my bench. Will go back for round two once I get the right tools from work.

30w5mk4.jpg2e2i1s7.jpg

you will have to make a shell of it from memory. there was one unit that the HDD was on the outside with a acess panel. do not think it was this one though.

throw a front shot up and I will tell you.

Attempt #2 .. fail!

Got a torque screw driver and managed to dig deeper. Pulled off the top and bottom panels of the unit. Could see the side of the HDD underneath the CD player (right pic), but couldn't get the damn CD player out. I think to get it out you basically need to take off ALL the side panels so you can unscrew some screws underneath. Then you can take out the CD player, take out the HDD and whala. NOT an easy job though.

I would've given it a crack, but had to be somewhere that evening and wouldn't have had enough time to dismantle it so much, take out HDD to play, then re-assemble. So, will give myself a good half a day to tinker.. hopefully on Saturday.

Some more shots of the unit with the top and bottom lids off:

f0407.jpg254wpx0.jpg