SAU Community

Software :)

ta!

(though I thought you had FAST already. if so its in 680/15)

That's okay, my copy of FAST isn't that up to date :D Plus it's been that long since I've looked at it I don't even know where I've put it.

even if you replace the hex of japanese texts to english, it will require more work to:

- swap km/ltr consumption to ltr/100km algorithm

change the multiplier, I can't remember the offset off the top of my head, but it's a hex value in the firmware.

Didn't realise the timezone was an issue, but that's just a matter of changing the UTC shift, I'll dig around when I get a chance.

As posted above, if you have no confidence in flashing custom firmwares, then please do not attempt this. It is however almost identical to flashing custom firmware on iPhones and Xboxes etc, so if you've done that in the past this should be straightforward.

I'll see if i can put some screengrabs up, as a visual aid.

• 2 weeks later...

I know someone may have brought this up or someone has considered it already but ive got an english conversion on my v35 and was reading that 370z has dvd navigation was just wondering if anyone knows if the map disc is compatible at all? Its probably not even xanvi right? any way just wondering if anyone knew would be good to get it satnav working

Hmmm... this could be fun me thinks... dont have to worry about swapping consumption for economy as i prefer it how it is, so it will just be a case of Translation, char sets and date/time.

In regards to bricking, is there any recovery process if you screw up a hacked firmware? or is it a case of just dont get it wrong?

I know someone may have brought this up or someone has considered it already but ive got an english conversion on my v35 and was reading that 370z has dvd navigation was just wondering if anyone knows if the map disc is compatible at all? Its probably not even xanvi right? any way just wondering if anyone knew would be good to get it satnav working

nope, software engine is different. you are correct in your thinking they are both xenavi but the maps are coded different. easier to adapt it. (which I have done already.)

Hmmm... this could be fun me thinks... dont have to worry about swapping consumption for economy as i prefer it how it is, so it will just be a case of Translation, char sets and date/time.

In regards to bricking, is there any recovery process if you screw up a hacked firmware? or is it a case of just dont get it wrong?

spare box for one. don't screw up is a better option. JTAG - most of the guys won't know what this is.

lol I'm not sure if I did, but I remember saying "if you can mod an xbox you can flash your xanavi firmware". But yes, finding JTAG pins and flashing etc is very tedious, so best not to attempt it if you're not comfortable with that stuff.

Holy crap, that was a huge read. Followed this thread from start to finish - is that part of the initiation? Picking up a 2003 V35 this week (hopefully) so just wondering who is doing the english conversion? I live near Newcastle, happy to trip down to Sydney. Is that still you Andy? Also, not sure I followed everything with regard to the use of the TV/DVD part of the display. Is that possible? Is that the stuff Chris does? Does anyone do it in Sydney? Or is it better to go for an aftermarket TV/DVD head unit? I get that the SAT/NAV cannot work - not too worried about that.

thanks

Holy crap, that was a huge read. Followed this thread from start to finish - is that part of the initiation? Picking up a 2003 V35 this week (hopefully) so just wondering who is doing the english conversion? I live near Newcastle, happy to trip down to Sydney. Is that still you Andy? Also, not sure I followed everything with regard to the use of the TV/DVD part of the display. Is that possible? Is that the stuff Chris does? Does anyone do it in Sydney? Or is it better to go for an aftermarket TV/DVD head unit? I get that the SAT/NAV cannot work - not too worried about that.

thanks

Andy or I can do the conversion for you....I'm in Hornsby.....but then again Shan was doing it for free.....sorry my mistake that was hot air!!!!!...sorry my mistake again his now just explaining how to do it for free at your own risk :)

Yes you can get Chris to do the TV/DVD conversion when your up in QLD.....or you can do the TV yourself and then put a DVD player of some description in that suits.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/In...p;hl=tv+install

Edited by Jetwreck

Hi there,

It sounds like the V35 Jap to English conversion is something that a lot of people have been discussing above and that it is now possible. Has anyone tried a conversion for the V36 370GT yet. I would love to be able to read the menus on the screen in English and to get the GPS working would be awesome. Mine has this carwings feature and keeps trying to call the operator in Japan! Wish i could speak Japanese! Car has voice commands for just about everything! :blink:

get the GPS working would be awesome.

Getting the GPS working is easy, if you get a Garmin GVN53 you can run this through the AUX. That's the easy way :whoops:

I ran mine through the camera system. I turn on the side mirror camera and flip a switch and it goes to navi. The reason I did this is so I can still listen to music while the nav is running.

• Like 1

does anyone manage to get a local FM traffic working with GVN53? seems like nothing is supported for Aust Suna Traffic for the GVN

I am sure people have looked at this before but with any luck when my car lands in ADL i am going to take a gander at the maps DVD and see if i can reverse engineer them. Has anyone tried and failed?

I am sure people have looked at this before but with any luck when my car lands in ADL i am going to take a gander at the maps DVD and see if i can reverse engineer them. Has anyone tried and failed?

Use search function to find answer.....

Getting the GPS working is easy, if you get a Garmin GVN53 you can run this through the AUX. That's the easy way :)

I ran mine through the camera system. I turn on the side mirror camera and flip a switch and it goes to navi. The reason I did this is so I can still listen to music while the nav is running.

Thanks for the reply. That's great info. :D

Use search function to find answer.....

I have used the search feature... (spent 2 whole days reading up on everything that has been done and tried)

I see that people have tried using the 350Z maps etc but i want to use the japan maps but change the data in the map files. (again i haven't seen the map dvd format yet {and cant see one online to download}) but I cant believe you cant reverse engineer them and drop in at least to begin with, the australian map. It might take longer to sub in the roads etc and actually get it to take you places.

the maps are done by Zenrin for Xanavi. If it's like the Toyota ones, then it'll be in Kiwi file format, some of the Chevy guys in the US coded up some opensource decompilers/compilers that might help you. Google should be able to give you some reading material on this.