SAU Community

Software :)

I have used the search feature... (spent 2 whole days reading up on everything that has been done and tried)

I see that people have tried using the 350Z maps etc but i want to use the japan maps but change the data in the map files. (again i haven't seen the map dvd format yet {and cant see one online to download}) but I cant believe you cant reverse engineer them and drop in at least to begin with, the australian map. It might take longer to sub in the roads etc and actually get it to take you places.

map data is in MOV format. I have a disc here.

the KWI formats are a bit of a bitch to read. been at it for about a week now on one of them. KWI seems to be a denso format from what I can tell. that said the pioneer AVICs use a similar system. if you happen to find a copy of KWIDebug I'm ALL ears.

if you can code xenavi mapping - go for it. I believe that the local maps are raster based. totally different system to what xenavi use.

shan,

the US based stuff (for that format) does not work. lots of things in 'different' spots from what I see.

rianto,

GVN 53 supports it with an external module. you have a 52. no dice.

rianto,

GVN 53 supports it with an external module. you have a 52. no dice.

yeah oh well.... bought my wife one of the garmin nuvi 1390T portable one for her getabout... didn't realise how fast they are compared to my ageing GVN52... lol... compared to the newer units, my route calculation seems to be taking ages...

yeah oh well.... bought my wife one of the garmin nuvi 1390T portable one for her getabout... didn't realise how fast they are compared to my ageing GVN52... lol... compared to the newer units, my route calculation seems to be taking ages...

I bought the same unit for my wife also..... watch out for some of the routes it will take you on though. On my vic tour I ended up on many minor (dirt) roads following the GPS (now called Barbie)..lol

Man, what a big read.... soooooo, is there any issues with the jap-eng conversion so far???

No issues for the conversion system.

The only issue seen is the age of the DVD-rom and some have dirty lasers which slow down the install process. The unit has to be dissembled and the laser head cleaned.

Cheers

Andy

No issues for the conversion system.

The only issue seen is the age of the DVD-rom and some have dirty lasers which slow down the install process. The unit has to be dissembled and the laser head cleaned.

Cheers

Andy

No worries, got it done last night. So far so good.

This is a long thread so I jumped to the end and my question may have already been answered but... has a jap to english conversion been sorted out for the Series II (2004.11 - 2005.11) V35 yet? I've worked a lot of the menu out but I'm bound to be missing something important. And I'd love to know what the nag message says when you're running low on petrol!

Thanks in advance.

Okies the V35 coupe finalyl arrived and it even has the birds eye dvd in it :( so i will start playign with it this weekend.. wish me luck :D

Good luck, If you need a hand playing with it I'm happy to help

So i have been playing with my DVD so far i have found a whole bunch of dat files on it. I'm slowly trying to figure out what each bit does. I can see some BMP headers but cant for the life of me get them out, i can also see some wav headers again they wont export into anything usable. (yet)

Looks like the BMP code is there but its all swapped around, (of corse why would it be easy :) )

Edited by Ozeraser

Suggestion to forum ed. This thread is getting so big I reckon we ought to split it up into the different parts. EG;

1. For Sat nav conversion to aus.

2. For english menu convesrion.

I already have the english menus and am keenly awaiting sat nav but finding stuff even with search is a nightmare.

Just a thought.

1. From what I've read (not much) there are no sat nav conversions for the original equipment. You have to install aftermarket gear.

2. English menu conversion..... seriously, 2 posts above you is in big bold letters "M35 and V35 english conversions"

Also, I hope you're not interested in twincam RB30's because that thread is up to 351 pages and it is a goldmine full of useful information.

1. From what I've read (not much) there are no sat nav conversions for the original equipment. You have to install aftermarket gear.

2. English menu conversion..... seriously, 2 posts above you is in big bold letters "M35 and V35 english conversions"

Also, I hope you're not interested in twincam RB30's because that thread is up to 351 pages and it is a goldmine full of useful information.

1. Yes you can install aftermarket gear into the standard screen.

2. 03 and 04 English Menu's available via the link on 3 or so posts above.

Daisu, to clarify, the English menu conversion so far if for the Series 1 - conversion for the Series 2 is still under development. In the meantime, those with Series 2's need to rely on threads like this for updates or info on what others have otherwise learnt.

So i have been playing with my DVD so far i have found a whole bunch of dat files on it. I'm slowly trying to figure out what each bit does. I can see some BMP headers but cant for the life of me get them out, i can also see some wav headers again they wont export into anything usable. (yet)

Looks like the BMP code is there but its all swapped around, (of course why would it be easy ;) )

part of the issue. I have a disc here and to be honest - its not a easy task. I can do hex edits on that disc but unless you have the software that wrote it its going to be a bitch to reverse engineer. ( I found this was the case when I started playing with KWI databases.)

WAV headers - isolate those. whilst you may not be able to do the maps you may be able to get the car to speak english. (my forte' is more hardware based than programming.)

Edited by Chris Rogers

a bit of light reading :

http://www.kiwi-w.org/documents/Kiwi-W_Con...ium_English.ppt

http://www10.giscafe.com/nbc/articles/view...rticleid=493586

http://www.iformat.org/english/iffsum.html

FYI - xenavi is industrial clarion.

http://www.ctrlview.com/

(may help - I do not have a DVD here to fiddle with.)

Edited by Chris Rogers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...