SAU Community

So i got EPA'd today

Ronin 09

Bastards.

What a waste of time.

Ha, and look at the location - getting us when we're at Ice Performance... be careful when you're round there, looks like they know about cars at Ice!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They must expect us to just get around it. So it is more or less a waste of time for the exhaust shops and the car owner. Bloody EPA are just an inconvenience.

/begin rant/

so instead of catching the 40yr old falcodores and geninis that belch out massive quantities of crap, generally smoke and fart all over the place, the EPA and rozzers target the community who take pride in their cars. I treat my car as a hobby, it is immaculately looked after, doesn't miss a service, is always in tune to make sure it runs perfectly.

Similarly, council revenue raisers (parking tossifers) should instead of ticketing you and I when we're 2 minutes late for an expired meter be ticketing people who park across from single white lines, within 10m of an intersection, and generally park in dangerous places. This is where their power should be - improving safety for other road users.

I feel a letter to the editor of 'Motor' mag coming on...

/rant over/

Hey join the crew...

Anyway, all you got was a noise complaint, I wouldn't worry about that one. Take it to an exhaust place (box hill place was decent), and unless you're exhaust is too loud it will pass and you pay $27 for the test and they can sign it off - 30mins of your time. Mine was fully noise compliant at least, its just the other stuff i gotta get cleared.

Its all rubbish

Nathan - you got a Super Dragger II like mine so you'll be noise compliant... although of course it doesn't have to be a founded complaint either for them to sign it in and waste you're time. But like i was saying, if all it is noise, $27 test and you're back on the road.

Maybe they got complaints from the residents? BMT has had the same problem recently.

'coz it is .. HKS dump pipe, highflow cat, Super Dragger II catback on mine.. all tested to be just on 90db @ 5200rpm (i believe that is what he tested at) for the noise test an official EPA certified exhaust place with everything in place.

I knew it wasn't too loud. He said if it was just a noise complaint he could have passed it then and there although it was close to the limit. I'll find out for sure in a few days.

Often the smaller tip exhausts make more noise believe it or not. Things like the Apexi N1 are definitely over. A large number of the jap exhausts are.

Most likely was a cop, but it does say on there "an officer of the EPA" so it could actually be one of their own officers.

I'd say in this situation it was just unfortunate, wrong place at wrong time...but it does look as though Ice Performance has been targetted. 5:30pm - sit there around 4-6pm or so after all the people pick up their cars from there after work and pick them all off.

Hmmm, actually the BMT situation is sounding just a little too familiar in the space of a few weeks... What is going on? Are performance workshops themselves now being targetted???

damn, my mate got that bloody notice the other day too...

so whats it actually take to bump over the dB limit?

i got twin 2.5" pipes to dual muff's and tips. and mine is way soft... but i got a whole in one of my muff's...

is 3" all the way + 5"tip still gonna be legal ya's think?

Well compared to the $165 for a defect, its kinda less of a worry if you ask me. But yer, it can be used as yet another excuse to hassle us poor performance types :)

Although when i was getting mine looked at, I did notice some poor sod with some 1970's civic or something having his exhaust tested so its not just the nice cars :)