SAU Community

Clarkson Top Gear Said

wizlb

Actually it wasn't Clarkson who wrote the article, it was Bill Thomas. I've got the mag in front of me.

I also read its Nurburgring time of 7:38 was 2 sec faster than the Veyron and the 911 Turbo and 9 secs quicker than the Ferrari 599.

Can't wait till they have it on the show, I don't think it'd be too long away as the Stig has already driven it.

Actually it wasn't Clarkson who wrote the article, it was Bill Thomas. I've got the mag in front of me.

Yep, you're right. Not clarkson. I just picked up the mag down at the offy as I live in london. Hell it's top gear saturation here, it's on TV 24-7. I even watch it while eating breakfast. Not sure there is a GTR yet in the UK, as that one from the article was driven near the nurburgring. And the stig apparently "materialised from a forest somewhere near Nitz, stood in the middle of the road and held his hand for us to stop".

Yeah you gotta love channel Dave, they play about 6 episodes of Top Gear per day! Along with a lot of other manly shows. Gotta love London for supercars too, just saw a purple Zonda on the way to work this morning near Buck Palace. Hehe.

Yeah you gotta love channel Dave, they play about 6 episodes of Top Gear per day! Along with a lot of other manly shows. Gotta love London for supercars too, just saw a purple Zonda on the way to work this morning near Buck Palace. Hehe.

Yeah, who calls a channel Dave? Yep lots of euro supercars - seeing more and more audi R8s around. Months ago I even saw Jeremy clarkson driving past in that tiny little blue thing that he took into the BBC offices in a recent top gear episode. Guy's got a massive head - or maybe the car made it look bigger.

But sadly no skylines!? I've seen one proper worked one in 5 months - an R33 GTR. Hell I even saw a VS commodore ute the other day that someone must have imported.

In the "Born to Be Riled" book Clarkson rated the best three cars in the world:

1. Ferrari 355

2. An Aston i think

3. Nissan Skyline GTR

He actually apologised for the GTR because it was that damn good he had to leave out the Jags, Corvette's, Lambo's, Alfa's, Hondas, TVR's etc etc. from the list of amazing cars. He added it wasn't much looks-wise but could be thrown "into corners at absurd speeds" and that warranted it's inclusion.

Speaks for itself. Starwars says more though.

Clarkson loves GT-Rs. Stop being such skeptics and go find the old test he did when the R34 GTR was new on an airport runway.

He loves GT-Rs (it made his list of the 50 Best Sports Cars Ever), but as another owner of this edition of Top Gear Magazine I can tell you its not his name on the byline.

He loves GT-Rs (it made his list of the 50 Best Sports Cars Ever), but as another owner of this edition of Top Gear Magazine I can tell you its not his name on the byline.

Is it worth subscribing to top gear magazine? does hammond, clarkson and may write much for it? or is it the same bland drivvel that we come to expect from mainstream motoring magazines?

Do any of you guys think Nissan will put out a GTS-T version?

Why the HELL would they ?????????????????????????

it is NOT a skyline

only skylines are gts-t

this is the NISSaN GT-R ansd thats all it will ever be from now on

Is it worth subscribing to top gear magazine? does hammond, clarkson and may write much for it? or is it the same bland drivvel that we come to expect from mainstream motoring magazines?

Its not a bad read. Since Clarkson and Hammond aren't 2/3 of the scribes for the print magazine you don't see as many Clarksonisms. I found this magazine on a newsagent stand at Hong Kong airport on my way home on Saturday, and seeing "F430 CS vs GT-R" on the cover I just had to buy it.

Its not as bland as Motor/Wheels is. The Brits are allowed to get away with a lot more in the media than Australians (which is why Top Gear / Fifth Gear are so good and The Car Show / Drive TV are so shit). The writing style is quite good, although obviously the news isn't very relevant to us. I haven't read the whole thing yet (I spent most of my time sleeping after I read the GT-R article) so I'd consider a subscription.

If you're into supercars and fast cars, I'd recommend evo magazine. Those guys campaign a 350Z in clubsport level motorsport, and their writers seem to be really well heeled. You read about their privately owned vehicles or long term loaners, and aside from the mundane stuff you also see Pagani Zondas, Porsche Carrera GTs, Lamborghini Murcielagos, etc. Not only that, they modify those cars. I remember reading the edition of evo when they took delivery of the Murci, and they had already lined up a Tubi exhaust for it.

btw for all the pundits claiming Clarkson won't like the GTR because it doesn't have a manual gearbox... you should have heard him praising the sequential gearbox of the Ascari A10 this week... apparently "as manly as Lawrence Dallaglio's jock strap".

According to today episode of Top Gear Clarkson also loves VE Commonwhore Clubsports (VXR8's to the pommes). lol and it was compared to a BMW M5... WTF?

Geee lets see... commonwhore... M5... hmmmmm.

I'll jump to your defence here Funk Munk and link them with the TOP GEAR TV FEATURE that you're referring to mate.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hFpPZdwLEJ8

And having driven both cars, if I was spending MY money, I'd take the Clubby too. The M5 just asks too many b*llsh[t questions for my liking. They sure go for a big jigger though! :D

post-7861-1197350015_thumb.jpg