SAU Community

2008 F1 Season

wolverine

Teh Baron:

"It's like you opened up my head and read my mind mate! I feel exactly the same way. fast driver, rubbish racer, total f**king wanker."

Teh Dezz,

"Pretty sure its not just your head he opened...but 99% of the posters in here...

Adam = 1%"

No, you werent agreeing with him were you, Dezz?

Dude, theres no point trying to be argumentative here.

Its clear to see whats going on here...and LOL @ "little credibility".

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol, strange comment coming from a guy who just watched Hammo win the GP and then say he "listened to the team" and "let them make the call" for whatever reason.

I would have switched to extremes immediately and enjoyed a 30 second a lap advantage even if it was only for 10 laps.

Brundle said it best when he said McLaren was making a stupid and unnecessary decision to keep Lewis out there on inters when extremes were the obvious choice.

Wheres the argument here bud?

For once he lets the team make a call and look what happens...Funny that. If it hadn't gone his way however you can be sure you'd hear all about it.

As for where the argument is, there won't be one. You've just completely changed the subject because you're too foolish to even know what it is you're trying to argue. I won't waste my time on you anymore as its just a joke now. It's honestly not even challenging anymore and I wouldn't dare try to take you on in looking foolish, as I'd do about as well as Massa did in today's race, while you'd come out of it looking like Hamilton at Silverstone in the wet in 2008...

And I will comment on your attempt above...

I didn't see Hamilton tearing up the field from the back of the pack tonight, I saw a guy out in front driving fast. Wouldn't go as far as to say it was racing, but whatever turns you and Louise on :P

Dezz your ruining the conversation on what was the best race of the year and detracting from what was hamiltons finest race.

let it go mate...

For once he lets the team make a call and look what happens...Funny that. If it hadn't gone his way however you can be sure you'd hear all about it.

As for where the argument is, there won't be one. You've just completely changed the subject because you're too foolish to even know what it is you're trying to argue. I won't waste my time on you anymore as its just a joke now. It's honestly not even challenging anymore and I wouldn't dare try to take you on in looking foolish, as I'd do about as well as Massa did in today's race, while you'd come out of it looking like Hamilton at Silverstone in the wet in 2008...

ouch! :dry:

Thats not very nice... :P

Not true - Lewis was on the same tyre and caning raikonnen and everyone else by 5 to 6 seconds - thats seconds - a lap after the first stop.

Not changing to a new set of tyres was also Raikonnenes decision dont forget and what morons the world champion and world champion team looked like today.

The best part of all this is that those 10 points and shocking finishes for LH have been negated by one drive and i remember he was saying these things can change in one race and boy did they what.

1: What do you mean not true? Kimi WAS catching hammo leading up to the first pitstop... Care to watch a replay maybe? Kimi wans't far off Hammo's rear wing coming intot he first pitstop, or maybe you were watching a different race?

2: Yes Morons that are leading the CWC and have BOTH drivers tied with hamo for the WDC... Yeah, Morons, darn them Fezza boys...

However I agree that today's GP showed the Ferrari had a flawed strategy that didn't pan out at all...

3: Yep, indeed 1 race can change anything, sorta like China 07 iirc...

I said after the first stop Marco and on the same tyre.

And Ferrari did look like morons today : botched strategy calls, amateurish driving from one world champion and pathetic driving from the other hopeful...

Hamilton didnt spin once and the ferraris span 10 times between them.

Morons indeed.

Also..

Great stuff by Nick to get 2nd, he needed this badly, as much as I love teh Koob I felt that nick was needing a good result and quickly, he did it in great style too! Rubens, Rubens, Rubens, Rubens.... Great stuff from the bloke, excellent drive, I bet poor Button is seething at his lost chances.. Great too see the underpowers and slow Honda carving it up on the superior tyre choice, makes you think what recovers Kimi could've made had he made a switch to full wets somewere during that 2nd half of the race... To which, I must say Kimi did an excellent job considering his circumstances, overtook Kovi and Gonzo right at the end, salvaged some potentially crucial WDC points.. This might be the Fuji of 08, Hammo wins, but Kimi undertakes a massive case of damage control in appauling circumstances...

Also..

Great stuff by Nick to get 2nd, he needed this badly, as much as I love teh Koob I felt that nick was needing a good result and quickly, he did it in great style too! Rubens, Rubens, Rubens, Rubens.... Great stuff from the bloke, excellent drive, I bet poor Button is seething at his lost chances.. Great too see the underpowers and slow Honda carving it up on the superior tyre choice, makes you think what recovers Kimi could've made had he made a switch to full wets somewere during that 2nd half of the race... To which, I must say Kimi did an excellent job considering his circumstances, overtook Kovi and Gonzo right at the end, salvaged some potentially crucial WDC points.. This might be the Fuji of 08, Hammo wins, but Kimi undertakes a massive case of damage control in appauling circumstances...

Couldnt agree more. KR is lucky to get those points and yep, he needs every point he can get.

RB on the podium was special. Its been interesting - Toyota, Honda and Redbull have all made the podium this year.

Never saw that much diversity in 07.

And Ferrari did look like morons today : botched strategy calls, amateurish driving from one world champion and pathetic driving from the other hopeful...

Morons indeed.

Haha, ok then, I was talking about 'prior' to the stop, when there were truly on the same tyre... I can't see the reasoning in Renault and Ferrair keeping their driver's on semi-worn inters, just absolute madness... I must say though, in all fairness to Iceman, most of those spins were Massa's... I think Kimi spun ONCE coming onto the start-finish straight and came off once or twice near the bridge/brooklands turns... Dun forget Hammo went grass as well, Abbey was it???

However, I will say that Hammo drove a near faultless and simply superb race, I don't think he can't drive, far from it, I just don't like the package. Behind a steering wheel, he is an amazing driver, behind a microphone, he's a complete knob.. I'm still not going to say he's the complete package due to my own reasoning of not experiencing the 'school of hard knocks' that most other drivers have to go through just to get into F1, let alone to become a world champion. Never seen him have to push and extract the absolute maximum from inferior, bodgy and 2nd rate machinery, that introduces a dimention/sense to a race driver that a consistent supply of cutting edge and 1st rate machinery and materials can't.. That is in my humble opinion.

Morons indeed.

after the 1st stop ferrari didnt changed their tyres, Hamilton did. thats when hamilton started pulling away from kimi.... So how can u called worn tyres and brand new ones? the same?

interesting race;

Ferrari's needs to sort out their strategy; maybe an issue with the car who knows'; ecu map possible some of Massa spin looked like he wasn't even on the gas

but that is racing

interesting to see what both Ferrari drivers have to say

Edited by [Michael]

No way this was the best race of the year. It was a frustrating race as many of the drivers were tip toeing around on the wrong tyres, the only highlights were RB and Nick carving through the field. Full wet races are so much better then changeable races.

But hats off to the podium guys. They all deserved to be there. But isnt it interesting. If it continued to dry then RBR/Webber, Ferrari/Kimi/Massa, Renault/Alonso woudl have looked good carving through the grid on worn down intermediates. But as all race calls go, hero to zero stuff. The conservative bet was new tyres and was the right call for only RBR who were back a few places and rolled the dice. Dont think Ferrari needed any sort of strategic advantage to take it to McLaren yesterday.

But, makes for an interesting race home. Personally i think Ferrari still look the goods, simply because lap dog Heiki cant sem to take any points off the Ferraris regularly enough

Cop that, haters :dry:

What a race. It'll definitely go down as one of the most adrenalin pumping this year.

I couldn't believe it when McLaren put Inters back on Hami's car at the second stop, but happily it didn't end up being a disadvantage when the weather took a turn for the better.

It doesn't really need to be said again (but i'll say it anyway), but just how good is F1 racing now traction control has gone, especially in the wet :P

To me the only thing i cared about after lap 10 was who stopped when. Webber had the same fuel as Heikki and Lewis was a tad heavier.

Im going to make a call from out of my ass. British GP was Heikkis high water mark, he will from here on he will struggle at McLaren. :P He was lighter, had field position, and the heavier Lewis just drove away from him and ended up beign lapped. :dry: That has got to hurt!

But, i am taking any positive i can out of this weekend. RBR were quick at a track they never have been. So really looking forward to the next few races and seeign what sort of car they present at a race weekend.

But the other great thing. Webber saying "Unfortunately I dropped it on the entrance to Becketts on the first lap". No excuses, knows he made a mistake and has copped to it. No doubt will move and and learn from the mistake !

wow, this GP was a shocker for the Ferraris. Hammy sure put in a fantastic drive and owned all and nope, I still don't like him. Someone give the Ferrari strategist a smack on the back of the head please, that was pathetic!!! No, it was more than pathetic, it was a FAIL!!!! anymore f**k up like this and I'm jumping the fan boat. Talk about gut wrenching disappointments on the first lap with all my favorite people slipping back into oblivion. Kimmi defintely would've had a chance to give Hammy a runn for his money if it weren't for the stuff up. I'm vomitting up blood just thuinking about it. I'm going to sulk in bed.

LOL, found this on the planet F1 website.

"It was a rare sight to see the Ferrari consistently lapping five or sex seconds slower than the Mclaren, and on one lap he was a whole eight seconds slower than Robert Kubica. This wasn't a case of getting caught out in unforeseen rain, this was a miscalculation of grip and tyre wear by Ferrari."

The writer obviously had a frieudian slip... "I" is on the other side of the keyboard.

Must be a Kiwi.

i read that like 3 times wondering wtf you were on about

but i get it now

lol

he obviously likes Kimi... A lot

Exciting but frustrating race.

Hamilton's performance? It's remarkably surprising how quickly people have forgotten his little off track excursion... To me, that simply says that he was the luckier driver on the day than the drivers who got beached in the gravel.

Hey, at the end of the day it was Hamilton who won, and credit is due to him without question, but I certainly wouldn't call it faultless. Mclaren made a gamble not going to full wets and it paid off in the end but it very nearly bit them in the arse.

Webbers spin... omg. I was i disbelief. Still am. Let's not talk about it... *shakes head*

As for Ferarri's strategy? And the laughable assumption that Kimi was solely or even mostly responsible for the poor tyre choice (keeping worn intermediates) simply because he is the driver?

Funny, but no.

The way I see it, Ferarri didn't have a good day, but it all rested on the flip of a coin in the end. If conditions kept drying, Kimi would have looked seriously promising, and whilst partly resting on a team's weather forecasting ability, it's also largely based on luck.

And hey thats just racing, but you are quite simply pulling yourself a little too enthusiastically if you believe it was primarily Kimi's feedback that would have warranted keeping the worn inters.

It was Ferarri strategists who would have taken on board his feedback, but then made a decision more predominantly based on what they believed the weather was going to do, as to what tyres he would have.

Kimi probably would have the final say. And the funny thing is, if he *had* made the call to go for new inters or full wets, that would have been a rash decision even if it would have turned out to be the right one. How is a driver supposed to make a good, sound judgement as to what the weather is going to do?

If his team says 'it'll clear up soon' and he demands wets anyway, he's not taking advice when he should be and it would be sheer luck on his behalf to go against what the team says he should do regarding the weather.

Like I've said, credit to Hamilton where it's due, but you can't fail to acknowledge accordingly that he did have some luck on his side too.

I most definitely wouldn't call it race of the season, but it was entertaining.

Edited by swanny180