SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

roughly 45 mins twice a day - plank up, side plank, T-Stabilisation, Fitness ball Atomic Push-ups, fitness ball rollout, Mountain climber, V-Up, Wood Chop with fitness ball, Fitness ball Russian twists both reg and seated, leg raises, penguin crunches, - all sets of three with between 15 and 20 repetitions, others to fail and 2 min ergometer to fail.

You're building lots of abdominal endurance; however I've found compound exercises such as lat pulldown, rows and deadlifts have helped my abdominal definition more than specific abdominal targeting exercises, along with diet to lower body fat, thus making definition visible.

Edited by L33SH

My workout over the past few days in this holiday period using all the free time i can

Sunday:

4km Bike Ride in arvo

3.5km walk around the suburbs

3km run on the treadmill at the gym,

added on to that 9km bike to the gym and back

Monday:

3-4km Bike Ride Arvo

4km walk around the suburbs

Today:

25km bike ride to the inner city Melbourne, taking the train back

3.5 walk around the burbs

planning to gym later biking it and back

Walking doesn't shred weight. Fat people walk around all day. Good for joint health/mobility and your dog...

Running on a treadmill is a wank. Unless you have leg injuries, get out on the road and do sprints or run up hills.

Has anyone had any success at naturally getting a decent six pack. Over eating 40% Protein; 40% Carb and 20% good fats - plus epic core workouts followed by lean protein shake for no massively appreciable gain. Helpful comment from someone that's done it would be appreciated :) I understand it's eating regime that achieves this result.

Lift weights, eat in a caloric deficit and meet your macro and micro targets and the results will come.

I know 6 pack is earned in kitchen, but so far chicken, fish, broccoli, beans, protein shakes, oatmeal, brown rice, avocado, long black espresso and drinking shit loads of water with lemon and other appropriate foods that taste like crap and leave you still feeling hungry. Can't get ripped. Naturally means there is no way I am going to start Deca (or similar - I value my hair and bits) or peptides or diuretic tabs.

I has six pack...my only ab exercise is pull-ups and I eat cheese, bread and pasta every day.

Now I know that Troy is mad, but my question to you is, are you mad?

I'm not genetically gifted...take it back to the basics. Do a compound exercise that uses abs, eat on a deficit. It's just that simple.

Or commit to the ab pro system.

I'm thinking about joining Clean Health to get better guidance. You are right... this fkn exercise regime and diet is borderline insane and I'm 3 months in already. 178 80kgs - BMI pretty good, but 6 pack especially lower abs a real p in the a to get definition.

roughly 45 mins twice a day - plank up, side plank, T-Stabilisation, Fitness ball Atomic Push-ups, fitness ball rollout, Mountain climber, V-Up, Wood Chop with fitness ball, Fitness ball Russian twists both reg and seated, leg raises, penguin crunches, - all sets of three with between 15 and 20 repetitions, others to fail and 2 min ergometer to fail.

What Birds said basically. (Except I can't eat the shit he does.... Well depends how much)

All done in the kitchen like you said.

The above sounds so painful, pass thanks lol.

Edited by 10 4

Thanks for telling me how easy it was and that you can calorie and carb load like that with minimal exercise too and get good results lol

What if I told you I exercise 4 times a week for only 45 minutes a session lol. Squats and pull-ups one day, deadlifts and bench the next. Repeat again later in the week.

Pre shoulder injury I used to do ~3 exercises per muscle group, because I believed that I needed them all to retain the body I had built with them; to retain the strength I had acquired. That was 1.5 hours in the gym, 4 times a week. With only half that time in the gym now, I look the same and am stronger - go figure. Sometimes less is more.

It ain't "easy", but it sure is simple. People major too much in the minors when it comes to simple goals like this. They go investing their time, money and energy into ridiculous, complex programs and supplementation, not realising that they aren't even doing the basics of body transformation properly.

Skinny guys who don't exercise can have a six pack because the visibility of the abdominal wall is entirely diet. The size and shape of it is all exercise. Conversely, fat guys who lift heavy compounds all have big six packs hidden under layers of fat.

Your 45 minute, twice-daily core routine is the same shit every day. You give your abs no reason to change from what they are because they are capable of performing it already. Add 5 reps to your pull-ups or 50kg to your deads and suddenly they have a reason to grow...to overcome the added resistance. You're also burning more calories, which means more visibility.

Cut out the ab gymnastics and go back to basics. Build the muscle, give it reason to grow and feed it, then burn the calories to put it on display.

:)

P.S. I can only eat that "shit" because I burn the calories for it in the gym. If you don't have the calorie output for it, don't make it your input...or you get fat.

Yeah I know. My maint is ~ 2.8-3k... Its damn hard cause I love food. Lunch today was over 1300 cal and that was "healthy". I'm cutting again after a 3 week bender of 4.5-5.5k daily.

I'm a horror when it comes to quantity.. Don't take me to a buffet...

Edited by 10 4
  • Like 1

My workout over the past few days in this holiday period using all the free time i can

Sunday:

4km Bike Ride in arvo

3.5km walk around the suburbs

Monday:

3-4km Bike Ride Arvo

4km walk around the suburbs

Today:

25km bike ride to the inner city Melbourne, taking the train back

3.5 walk around the burbs

planning to gym later biking it and back

It's good you're active but a lot of that is not really considered high intensity and want high intensity - as in max muscle recruitment - to burn max calories and get you into deficit so you'll drop weight.

As was said, this is GREAT for core "strength" and you will have a solid platform to perform compound movements with. Funnily enough, all I've done lately is cut back a little on the eating, add a few reps and shorten the breaks (using lighter weight) and my abs are becoming more defined and I'm just an average build (183 - 86-87kg) if anything, I'm a little porky.

We're not busting your balls and saying "oh man it's so easy" it's more like, the recipe is pretty simple, calorific deficit and enough work to force the abs to grow. There's genetics in that equation as well though, some guys are just built to develop into otters easily and some are built to develop into bears easily. I've got a little definition but really I could care less as I rarely walk around shirtless in public.

Lift weights, eat in a caloric deficit and meet your macro and micro targets and the results will come.

This.

I has six pack...my only ab exercise is pull-ups and I eat cheese, bread and pasta every day.

Now I know that Troy is mad, but my question to you is, are you mad?

I'm not genetically gifted...take it back to the basics. Do a compound exercise that uses abs, eat on a deficit. It's just that simple.

Or commit to the ab pro system.

Also this.

P.S. I can only eat that "shit" because I burn the calories for it in the gym. If you don't have the calorie output for it, don't make it your input...or you get fat.

And this was me to a tee when I was doing hour long sessions 4 times weekly, still had abs. You just have to make sure you're burning it.

The body becomes VERY good VERY quickly and requiring minimal effort to do what you're asking it to so you have to constantly be changing what you're asking of it, not necessarily heavier, just different. Force it to work in different ways all the time.

My cardio is my weight training. I'm currently super setting two body parts and going heavy increasing with weight each set for both. Yesterday I did heavy flat dumbells press then into barbell row. Then I would do incline with close grip pull downs etc.

Most exercises work the shit out of my core so I don't need to smash abs crazy. Perhaps twice a week I would just do 5 minute hovers and then have a medicine ball placed for more weight.