SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

I know what you're saying, but as far as I'm concerned on the matter I've pissed off or injured enough body parts along my exercise+lifting career thus far to have a fairly good idea of when I'm doing something wrong (for my body - given one size doesn't necessarily fit all when it comes to form). Aside from headspin and disregarding the slight derp halfway up, that particular lift felt fantastic. Absolutely nothing I felt during or afterwards even hinted that I did something any part of my body didn't appreciate.

I'll have a chat to Shero anyway, but it certainly won't be anything even close to "show me the RIGHT way", coz as far as I'm concerned I'm doing it right - for my body :)

I remember the first time I did decline bench - couldn't even get the bar up with 60kg on it, and that was when I had a 117.5kg flat bench. Then it wasn't long before my decline overtook my flat. Different movement will change everything!

haha i remember that, we were to busy laughing at the random ass bar movements

I've enjoyed decline a fair bit but going to switch it up again back to flat I reckon that and I'm doing a lot more incline than I used to trying to grow the upper chest

Probably gonna join up spartans as my genesis membership almost up and it's like half the price.. and probably a better gym anyway. only downside is its another 5 min drive

Thoughts on spartans?

Edited by UNR33L

No idea,

Hows your progress going anyway Leigh? I remember Birds posting photos of your progress only for a short period. Hows things since then?

Big and shredded yet?

Progress is good, it's definitely slowed down since the nooby gains though I have a lot less fat now than I did in my initial "gym + eat anything and everything phase" probably about 4kg ligher with more muscle than before abs are starting to show depending on how my diet is but I don't really train em that much.

Still go about 4 times a week just cbf updating my 'build' thread lol

Thoughts on spartans?

afaik there is 2 areas,

regular people and big boys

regular people stuff is all in lbs, not kgs, and has crappy bars etc from what ive been told

saying that, the membership is well cheap

id go have a good look at the whole joint and see

Was on holidays in south west Victoria last week. Dropped in to the Corio branch of Derrimut 24/7; what an amazing gym! This place is only $400 a year and $5 for a casual visit. So many benches, so many squat racks. About 50 treadmills/steppers too (no exaggeration). They are like Bunnings sized gyms.

Favourite part was the squat rack section and deadlift platform (with bumper plates), which is fenced off with barbed wire and has a hearty slogan graffitied on the wall:

iQt2MwY+_original.jpg

F_As2DKQ_original.jpg

• Like 1

Oh yeah, they had a boxing ring and an MMA octagon too!

Some fking units training there. Huge juicer seated shoulder pressing 120kg like it was an empty bar.

Gonna swing past PTC Fyshwick on my way home later on, will have a chat to Shero if he's available as well as grab a few pics to chuck up here. Won't be looking for a coaching sesh this arvo given I've already done a back session this morning and will be at roughly the 30km mark of riding when I get there lol

Tried out Spartans today with a mate that goes there, got some pretty cool stuff! Will probably sign up.

Only down side I saw was it was clearly a bit busier than where I go currently but we had no problems doing what we wanted to which is all that matters.