SAU Community

Drift Set-up Q

black_gtst

hey got a q for the drift cops amoung us,

got my car pretty well set up now suspension wise now. wondering how vital a hicas lock bar is on an r33 to have a decent crack at a drift practice day. Also will a lock bar make car perform better, worse or just different at track days?

cheers biatches!

bretto

it is not essential... do a CRADLE SWAP!!!!! then the ball joints wont f**k out in the rear toe arms once you have fitted the lock bar...

or if you cbf'd then YES...

interesting, havent too much idea what your talking about though lol. swap for a cradle out of which type of car? whats involved?

cheers dude

b

• 3 months later...

i heard of people in 33 just unplugging the harness on the hicas motor unit?

would this work?

i yet to try this?

and the only problem would be that u get the hicas light on the dash, being on..

is this so?

so why sell lock bar for r33's then?wen people could just simple unplug????

Not sure if thats the case or not?

But to answer your question as to why - you still would get a decent weight saving from removing HICAS and replacing with a comparably much lighter lock bar.

I'd just get the lock bar. I was going to try just unplugging it but for the price of a bar you may as well get one.. I've got my boost gauge infront of the light so I never see the thing although It is on. and It help'd me with my drifting. the car just feels easy to link.

If you like your rear alignment changing as you drive i guess its fine to just unplug it :)

You can not just simply unplug them. Do not do this. You will need to replace the bar with a hicas lock out bar, change cradle or get a tomei hicas lock kit (which is just washers to stop the hicas working) as said above.

k, thanks "gunmetalgrey"

thats all i wanted to know... :whistling:

So unplugging ur r33 hicas motor will cause ur rear alignment to move and be all over the place!!! wen driving!!!

• 4 weeks later...
k, thanks "gunmetalgrey"

thats all i wanted to know... :O

So unplugging ur r33 hicas motor will cause ur rear alignment to move and be all over the place!!! wen driving!!!

Im from NZ, I asked the same question here in our forum group, and this is what I was recommended with and went out to buy it.

http://jspecgroup.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1369

hey got a q for the drift cops amoung us,

got my car pretty well set up now suspension wise now. wondering how vital a hicas lock bar is on an r33 to have a decent crack at a drift practice day. Also will a lock bar make car perform better, worse or just different at track days?

cheers biatches!

bretto

depends, im still drifting with hicas, car still drifts alright.

im just lazy its a pretty cheap upgrade $100 for a lockbar or around $150 for tomie lock kit

I have a lock bar in my garage but not in my car.

It gets slid on track 2+ times a month and to tell you the truth i havnt noticed it once, can still go lock to lock with pretty big angle without noticing anything..

But i havnt slid with a lock bar either so i wouldnt know the differance.