SAU Community

Any One Using Garrett Gtrs Turbo?

W0rp3D

Quite a few? Where are these results?

Sheets please.

Ignition DVD volume 1 i think it was. Gold R33 GTST with a HKS GTRS kit, HKS cams, cam gears etc, the dude in the video said he was one of the first to have this turbo on a RB25, on the dvd they show the dyno run and he makes a little bit over 300kw@wheels at like 21psi, think it was like 302 or something. So yes it has been done, not sure how many times, but the point is it has been done.

My friends black S15 also has a GTRS on it (one of the reasons why i got mine was with his help and going for drives in his car), Simon from Morpowa in Adelaide tuned it and i think it was on 18 or 19psi it made 270 odd at the wheels, thats on a SR20 and it was ment to be on a pretty safe tune.

Pretty sure there would be a lot more out there hovering around 280-290kw@wheels, doesn't seem so hard to believe to me.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See attached link of .64 2871R on stock bottom SR20 with 400whp. OK so its a 56 trim and it was on a dynojet with extrude honed stock exhaust manifold and exhaust housing.

http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthread.ph...ight=JWT+S3%27s

great find it on a rb25det . please

Edited by WARLORD

Ignition DVD volume 1 i think it was. Gold R33 GTST with a HKS GTRS kit, HKS cams, cam gears etc, the dude in the video said he was one of the first to have this turbo on a RB25, on the dvd they show the dyno run and he makes a little bit over 300kw@wheels at like 21psi, think it was like 302 or something. So yes it has been done, not sure how many times, but the point is it has been done.

My friends black S15 also has a GTRS on it (one of the reasons why i got mine was with his help and going for drives in his car), Simon from Morpowa in Adelaide tuned it and i think it was on 18 or 19psi it made 270 odd at the wheels, thats on a SR20 and it was ment to be on a pretty safe tune.

Pretty sure there would be a lot more out there hovering around 280-290kw@wheels, doesn't seem so hard to believe to me.

that gtst was thizzle's

he is on the forums

Warlord, how much boost did u make ur final power output on? and how much power was it? (i remember reading ur thread but cant be bothered searching for it)

1.4bar then it drops to 1.2 bar 272 kw but its not 300kw and i noticed you have a close set up whats yours??had a quick look to see if you posted a dyno on > Rb25 Turbo Upgrade but nothing there .

Edited by WARLORD

1.4bar then it drops to 1.2 bar 272 kw but its not 300kw and i noticed you have a close set up whats yours??had a quick look to see if you posted a dyno on > Rb25 Turbo Upgrade but nothing there .

No dyno figure yet, the microtech hasnt been tuned yet. Havnt had much time becuase of uni exams and now sup exams. After next week ill book the car in to get it tuned. So ill let you know. Hoping for 250-260kw because the tuners up here aint that flash and i dont have cams.

that gtst was thizzle's

he is on the forums

Oh ok, yeah i thought i saw a post a while back regarding that car and someone saying it was theirs. So you can confirm that it did make 300kw@wheels?

ask him - or view the dyno video it made 300kw

he has some dyno compare sheets too where he tried different cams etc

Ok cheers ill have a search for his posts, would be interesting to see the dyno sheet because in the ignition dvd they just showed a quick glimpse of it and then the peak figure. More interested to see how much midrange it was making.

Ok so ive been looking at a few different dyno graphs for the last hour and it go too hard comparing them all. So i thought, hell ill plot all the plots (as accurately as i could by going off the speed and seeing what power it made) into a spreadsheet in excel so we can compare all the different setups on one dyno graph so to speak. So hear it is:

post-35676-1201166162_thumb.jpg

Dark blue line is my car on a stock turbo with 10psi and just a full exhaust system, that was about it. Peaked at about 170rwkw.

Pink line is my car with the HKS GTRS turbo but on a stock ECU and stock fuel pump, as you can see, the stock ECU really holds back power and we backed off at about 4500rpm because boost started soaring through the roof due to a problem we had with the dump and the ecu and it also started leaning out.

So now the more important ones.

Green line is Warlords graph, as you can see the low down power is amazing and so is the midrange.

Light blue line is Thizzles graph, at around 4500rpm it starts going above warlords graph up to 300kw.

Hope its ok to post this up warlord and thizzle, just thought it would be an interesting comparison to see how these turbos go compared to stock and how different setups run. Obviously they were done on different dynos at different times of the year and in completely different states but its still pretty interesting. What uz think?

Thats about right, i have every ignition dvd but #1.

Nice graph graph PM-R33.

What models dont have vct, or do you have to remove it?

Can someone explain to me why that use road speed on dyno sheets and not rpm, i went through the rb25 power thread and most seem to use road speed and not rpm.

Oh true so did Thizzle's car have the VCT removed and that's why it made the extra top end, but not bottem end power? Thats what my tuner was suggesting to me when i go HKS cams down the track to just to ditch the VCT.

Can someone explain to me why that use road speed on dyno sheets and not rpm, i went through the rb25 power thread and most seem to use road speed and not rpm.

I think on most dynos like the dyno dynamics ones, the standard setting is vehicle speed where as you have to select if you want RPM to be displayed. Correct me if im wrong.

yer thats what he told me and the inlet cam was a 264 and ex 264 with cam gears , 2mm hks head gasket,i still can't get my head around it but it is what it is,and all with a stock bottom end and head.unlike mine.i might just get rid of the vct buy one cam and cam gears and see if the result is the same for a extra 30 rwkw but the only thing is im scared of it making little to no difference for the money, should be about $1000 with a tune.so bang for bucks which is my modo == $33.33 for 1RWKW .what do you guys think should i risk it,or just stick the car on gas(nos)

I'd just stay with what you have and yeah maybe add the nitrous if you wanted more, however looking at your dyno graph it seems to be an awesome street setup. How does the car drive, is it just awesome power around town that comes on instantly? I hope mine with a tune is similar to your dyno graph, i really want that low down power :rolleyes:

good thread

hijack sorry, where did you guys source your hks gtrs's from. i'm in sydney and need to purchase one asap. was hoping to get the complete kit for under $2600, am i dreaming?. i know nengun do it for $2550 but that's waiting up to a month :P

yer thats what he told me and the inlet cam was a 264 and ex 264 with cam gears , 2mm hks head gasket,i still can't get my head around it but it is what it is,and all with a stock bottom end and head.unlike mine.i might just get rid of the vct buy one cam and cam gears and see if the result is the same for a extra 30 rwkw but the only thing is im scared of it making little to no difference for the money, should be about $1000 with a tune.so bang for bucks which is my modo == $33.33 for 1RWKW .what do you guys think should i risk it,or just stick the car on gas(nos)

The cam option will cost you $1000 no more to pay.

The nos option will probably cost close to that (installed and tuned) plus how much for refills, and as life dictates, it will be empty when ever you really want to use it :P

its a great street car comes on really hard ill pm you a link to view a video ......but its not a 300kw one ,,lol

Can you send me that link as well, would like to have a look.